Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Surgery twins for May 21st ?

Been out of surgery a few hours now and I feel amazing! I’m happier now than I was when I got approved! My pain is very minimal, I don’t have much gas and what little I do have is not uncomfortable at all. Although I wasn’t able to drink Water earlier I did request it to rinse my mouth and rub it around my gums and surprisingly once the dryness was gone it felt as if I had drank the cup so deff try this. I’m equally excited for all of you guys too and wish you an excellent recovery.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

Look at you having an awesome recovery! Make sure you walk and keep those gas pains to a minimal. Welcome to the losers bench!!

HW: 256

SW: 238(4/25/18)

CW: 224

GW: 165

Look at you having an awesome recovery! Make sure you walk and keep those gas pains to a minimal. Welcome to the losers bench!!

Thank you! This is still so surreal to me I’m afraid of going to sleep and finding out it’s all a dream [emoji28]

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

Thank you! This is still so surreal to me I’m afraid of going to sleep and finding out it’s all a dream [emoji28]

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

Its a reality. You did that! [emoji6][emoji4]

Congratulations! Hope all goes well with your recovery!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Nothing in my life is uneventful [emoji28] 1199 is outside going at it.. typical Image1527005969.424125.jpg

I am out of the hospital and resting comfortably now at home, and I hope the same for all of you. The first 6 hours were a real beast for me. Hell when they pulled me out of anesthesia I hadn't had any pain killers yet so I woke up feeling like I was stabbed repeatedly in the gut. Took them a good 10-20 minutes to get me even remotely relieved. But they got me dosed up and after I did some on and off sleeping I was feeling a ton better. As long as I keep up on my meds now pain doesn't really get past a 5 anymore and normally stays about a 3 which is plenty bearable. I have even managed not to throw up yet, even though I got close a few times. I am out of the hospital and resting comfortably now at home, and I hope the same for all of you. The first 6 hours were a real beast for me. Hell when they pulled me out of anesthesia I hadn't had any pain killers yet so I woke up feeling like I was stabbed repeatedly in the gut. Took them a good 10-20 minutes to get me even remotely relieved. But they got me dosed up and after I did some on and off sleeping I was feeling a ton better. As long as I keep up on my meds now pain doesn't really get past a 5 anymore and normally stays about a 3 which is plenty bearable. I have even managed not to throw up yet, even though I got close a few times.

I forgot to mention that I only got 3 incisions. I’ll post a pic after I get home I need to find good angles

Yeah baby, like Austin Powers says Let's look at your pretty pictures!😛

I had mine on the 21st as well. How are you doing with post op pain and liquids? I’m having a hard time with as much liquid they want me to have.

I had mine on the 21st as well. How are you doing with post op pain and liquids? I’m having a hard time with as much liquid they want me to have.

Image1527213346.815023.jpg

I feel great, everyday I feel less and less pain. My incisions never hurt since day one and my stomach hasn’t been bloated. I can drink like a 4oz cup of chicken Bone Broth drained. Plain Water is the hardest for me because I’m not thirsty and I get a little stuck feeling when it lands on my pouch. It only lasts a second but I really dislike the feeling. So far I haven’t felt hunger or fullness. I just try to sip my Protein Shakes and I was able to drink a whole Premier Protein bottle today by drinking 1oz every 20 min. Tomorrow I’ll aim for another Protein Drink, more water and a cup of broth. how much are you drinking?

How much is everyone consuming and how long does it take you to finish it?

I’m still in the hospital as I’m not able to keep anything down. Surgeon said this happens sometimes and you just have to ride out the nausea. So the only real fluids I’m getting are from the IV. Yesterday I was able to keep down 2oz of apple juice, hoping the progress continues and I’m able to go home soon.

Wow. I had my sleeve on 5/23. The first day in the hospital I could only order Clear Liquids. I had a total of 3 2/3c of broth (approx 4g pro), 2 servings of sf Jello, 1 Protein Water (24g pro) and 3 sf popsicles (so good). This was between approximately noon and 9:30pm.

Next day, released to full liquids and had 1c of carnation instant Breakfast with Protein Powder and skim milk and small cup of hot tea for breakfast at 7am and one more sf popsicle until discharge. Once home, I slowly got down a Premier Protein drink spread out in two sessions, plus my Multi Vitamins with water over the 6hrs before bed. Stomach has some wicked gurgles today and I burp some when drinking hot stuff or milkish Protein Drinks.

Only pain is from my upper diaphragm. I learned from surgeon wasn’t from gas like I originally thought but from the hernia repair as he’d had to make a few stitches in my diaphragm.

Been using only Tylenol every 4 hours to stay on top of any pain.

Overall doing well but already finding not hungry so I need to remember to keep water or protein in my hand when awake.

Still sleeping in 2 to 3 hour Patches.

I’m still in the hospital as I’m not able to keep anything down. Surgeon said this happens sometimes and you just have to ride out the nausea. So the only real fluids I’m getting are from the IV. Yesterday I was able to keep down 2oz of apple juice, hoping the progress continues and I’m able to go home soon.

Ask them if they can give you the nausea patch that goes behind the ear. That really saved my life because I couldn’t tolerate the one that dissolves in the mouth. You’ll feel better once you are home. At the hospital they wanted me to drink a broth that tasted like a wet shoe and wanted me to drink oral meds that were vile and drink nasty Gatorade that was all aspartame. at home you have the things you like and you can take all the time you need once your nausea is under control.

Good luck girlie.

Wow. I had my sleeve on 5/23. The first day in the hospital I could only order clear liquids. I had a total of 3 2/3c of broth (approx 4g pro), 2 servings of sf Jello, 1 Protein Water (24g pro) and 3 sf popsicles (so good). This was between approximately noon and 9:30pm.

Next day, released to full liquids and had 1c of carnation instant breakfast with protein powder and skim milk and small cup of hot tea for breakfast at 7am and one more sf popsicle until discharge. Once home, I slowly got down a Premier Protein drink spread out in two sessions, plus my Multi Vitamins with water over the 6hrs before bed. Stomach has some wicked gurgles today and I burp some when drinking hot stuff or milkish protein drinks.

Only pain is from my upper diaphragm. I learned from surgeon wasn’t from gas like I originally thought but from the hernia repair as he’d had to make a few stitches in my diaphragm.

Been using only Tylenol every 4 hours to stay on top of any pain.

Overall doing well but already finding not hungry so I need to remember to keep water or protein in my hand when awake.

Still sleeping in 2 to 3 hour Patches.

Wow you’re doing really good. I need to work on my water intake. It just feels weird in my stomach. I too had slight pain under my breast bone, that was my biggest incision but now I can bend and drive comfortably. I don’t need my pain meds anymore but I like taking a dose in the morning and one at night, it helps me sleep.