Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m a little more than a month out from my surgery so I’ve lost a total of 50 pounds from my highest weight of 305 and now I’m down to 255 I’ve noticed that my weighty goes up and down through out the week I try not to weigh myself everyday I struggles for the first couple weeks with my Protein Shakes but my supplements so I stopped them both and was just drinking tons of Water and broths. Now I’ve started making my own Protein shakes out of fruit and Protein Powder. Any suggestions for eating out cause most days I’m on the go I do pretty well when at home eating between 2 and 4 oz of food but the last two night got I noticed I over ate a little and it ended up coming back up... just looking for a few pointers and assistance I go to my 1 month post opt appointment on Thursday so I’ll discuss all these things with my surgeon as well but want to look for help from people going through or that have gone through this process

Sorry this is so long 🤦🏽‍♀️

Good morning! Like you, my schedule is always on the go go go. I was worried about maintaining the pre-op diet after returning to work, which admittedly I have not done yet as much surgery was just 2 days ago. However I started the diet before leaving for surgery, and was able to successfully eat on the go and still fit in line with the diet.

My office has a cafeteria, but we also have plenty of restaurants on the good. I would bring just a small sandwich bag of 1 scoop of unflavored Protein powered and mix it with Soup broth I would buy from the cafe or restaurant. I was able to successfully keep up this way. I also purchased things I could leave there, like Greek yogurt single serve cups, or oatmeal packets.

The option I favor is packing a full day's worth of meals in my lunchbox thought but totally understand that this is not always a possibility!