Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

My WLC has asked all of my group to only weigh ourselves every two weeks while we are in the 6 month period before surgery. I don’t even own a scale I threw that nasty b*~%h out years ago. So I only go in 1 time a month before my meeting and then on my meeting day I weigh in.

How about everyone else pre and post op?

Pre-op: I hated weighing myself. (Really considered throwing it away.)

Post - op: I try to stick to weighing myself weekly (usually Mondays) but I go through periods where I forget and other time where I get a little obsessive.

I am a little obsessive with weighing myself because I feel like it helps me stay on track. I only weigh myself most mornings. I have always been like this with the scale so nothing has changed for me before or after surgery.

Almost daily. It helps keep me on track, and I know not to get worked up if one day is higher than the last. I record my weigh in only on Monday's. I should probably just weigh once a week, but it has worked for me thus far, so I will stick with it.

Daily, even before surgery.

I was pretty much daily before surgery. Now I try to limit it to a couple times a week. I only record the date on Saturday morning into my log.

During the pre-surgical phase, I weighed myself once a week. Post surgically, I try to limit myself to twice a week, at most. I find that if I do the daily weight thing then I'm setting myself up for disappointment because then I think I'm not losing fast enough.

After a few months, probably close to 6 months, I plan to drop it to once a week and stay there.

I weighed once a week in the early months when weight loss is relatively quick. I now weigh once every 2 weeks now that I'm in the home stretch and weight loss is slow. Once I'm at goal, I plan to weigh monthly. I have a long, uneasy history with the scale and I find the less focus placed on it, the better.

Pre-Surgery, I'd weigh myself when my Lose It! app reminded me and even then, I would ignore it. Especially once I hit my high weight because I was so mad at myself.

Now, post-surgery, I weigh myself daily and make sure it logs into my phone. I compare it to my doctor's scale on the days I am at the hospital. :)

I jump on the scale daily. But I only record it once a week. And if I find that I'm focusing on the numbers too much I will force myself to put the scale away for a couple of weeks.

I weigh in every Wednesday x

I got really bad with weighing myself everyday. Now I try to weigh myself only once a week. But to be honest it is usually twice a week.

Pre surgery: Never

Post surgery: Almost every day. It helps keep me on track and I get a sense of accomplishment when it goes down. I don't get upset if it goes up because I know that it'll go down again.

Edited by BrenJean

Daily, and I'm 4.5 months out. I write it down every day so I can always see how much I've dropped in the last 30 days. I do admit to sometimes skipping if I know I ate garbage, but usually weigh in every morning.