Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok a pair of tailored slacks in a 15juniorfrom a status brand, a pair of 16 Levis or other reputable brand that does not say Just My Size on the tag, a dressy style dress for my class reunion in August, 55 years, okay I WAS one of the youngest in the class, not from Goodwill, jumble sale or that. I had sewed myself at the last minute. A boutique label and I'll join above poster in the streets dancing too. I'd prefer something classic like Philadelphia Freedom, but I'd even gyrate to Crocodile Rock or a hip-hopper!👗

Another thing I want to add...

A lot of us have a tendency in the beginning to say "I just want to be at a healthy weight" or don't set goals too low for fear we won't reach them. You will find once you get to that first goal you have made for yourself, you'll want to go lower or see how far you can actually go with it. A bit of vanity tends to take over, and once we know we are at a "healthy" weight, we then want to get into that dream size.

It's a strange phenomenon I've noticed after many years of being active in the WLS community. Oh, and I did it, too ;)

I was complete opposite then when I started my journey. I wanted to start with a really low weight for my goal and I’m already down 97 pounds with 61 more to go and it makes my drive to lose the weight even better and faster. Everyone had their own journeys but yes everyone does do that what they got that first goal.

My two cents - my goal is 140 to be able to fit into size 8/10 clothing with room but I honestly think I would be okay with 150-160 just so I don’t look too sickly to everyone. Right now I want to reach the goal first. 😀

I’m 5’1” and while I dream of being out of the overweight category (132), I’ll be content with the 140’s. I’m in the 160’s currently at 14 months out and I have definitely had to clean my eating back up and be mindful of everything I take in. It’s definitely had to realize that this is a marathon and not a race! I also had my BMR tested and it’s at 1400 calories. It was kind of a reality check for me that: “okay.... you are essentially the height of a large child. You NEED to eat like you’re 5’1” for the rest of your life”. 

Good idea, especially with the holidays here.
Wow, 6 months ago my answer would’ve been way different as I’m currently at a weight I never thought I’d see.
Today my answer is as of now I’m at the highest weight I ever want to be-exactly 150.0 pounds.
I’d love to live somewhere in the 145 median range

I’m 5’2 and my goal is 130 but I think I’d be happy at 150

As far as health is concerned, I feel fine at the weight I am now (170 lbs).

As far as vanity is concerned, I'd like to lose a bit more, but not much. I think it all depends on your skeletal frame. I have a wide pelvic girdle, which is already beginning to show through the skin - a look which I don't like (though others may!). Also, my rib cage finishes just 1 or 2cm above my hips, so I'm never going to have a small waist - there isn't enough space between my ribs and hips for my waist to go in.

I'd like to achieve the magical BMI of 25, but as soon as my face starts to look drawn or saggy, I'm stopping!

Popping in from obscurity! I wish I had commented on this before. I think my personal goal was 170. I’m now almost 1.5 years post op and have been plateaued in the upper 220s (give or take 5 lbs) for about 8 months. I seem to be able to tackle brief regains I’ve pretty easily and get back to this weight, but I have not been able to get beyond 220s. I probably don’t look like I weigh this much, because I’m on the taller side of average height and have always weighed more than I looked like I did. I would still like to make onederland, but because of my struggles with getting there, I’ve just been focused on increasing my weights at the gym and overall fitness so at least I’m accomplishing something. I also know the biggest key is diet and I’m always looking for ways I can clean that up.

So yeah- I’d be happy to hit 199, but I still feel pretty dang fit at my current weight.

Am 5’2” -ish (just a bit under). My absolute max is 125.

Im currently maintaining around 115-ish, but when I notice that I’m inching upwards over consecutive days, I tend to buckle down abit (despite my max being 10 lbs away). Head games, I guess.

This is a great thread and a topic I've been thinking about personally, because I'm not sure what my answer is. I think my doctor's goal for me is somewhere between 120 to 135, which would put me in the normal BMI range. I'm currently about 165, so only 30 pounds to go to hit the high end of that goal. The highest ever recorded weight for me was 303. I started the program at 284 and had surgery around 243. When I was 15 I weighed 150 after unhealthy dieting. I think mentally, I'd like to reach 125 to prove to myself I can do it and to give myself a 10 lb leeway to the top of that range. But I think honestly, if I could maintain at 150 I'd probably be happy. We suspect I probably have about 10 to 12 pounds of excess skin. I don't yet know if I'll have surgery to remove it. If money and pain were not part of the equation I would 100% fix all my terribly saggy skin. And I'm too early to decide about skin anyway.

I've hit a plateau, which is frustrating. My NUT wants me to consider doing the bariatric shakes for two weeks to try to break through the plateau. I told her I wanted to give it a month before considering it. It's been 3 weeks and no changes, so I think I'll try it when I see her next week. My husband is going to enter the medically supervised program with my NUT office, so I think it will be easier on both of us if we're doing it together.

This is a fantastic and thought-provoking thread. I got the surgery (among other reasons) because I was terrified of ever seeing a 300+ lb weight on the scale. The closest I got was ~283 (that's my highest weight that was recorded). I'm currently bouncing up and down between 170 and 179 lbs (have been since about April of this year), and I noticed, curiously, that I'm pretty worried about getting to 180 or higher again. I almost feel like if I let myself get to that point, the deal's off, I'm a failure, and I might as well eat like it.

I feel like if I'm able to get down below 170, though, I'll end up with 170 as that new bright-line, don't-cross benchmark. I don't know how long that would hold up, though - if I got down below 160, or 165, would that be the new line? I really don't know.

I do know that I'm pretty happy with my body as-is right now. I've got kinda a "pooch" of loose skin on my belly, and I notice belly bloat a lot more than I ever did before, but overall I'm pretty happy with my shape and if it were effortless, I could happily stay at 175 for the rest of my life.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:16, MegPRN said:

This is a fantastic and thought-provoking thread. I got the surgery (among other reasons) because I was terrified of ever seeing a 300+ lb weight on the scale. The closest I got was ~283 (that's my highest weight that was recorded). I'm currently bouncing up and down between 170 and 179 lbs (have been since about April of this year), and I noticed, curiously, that I'm pretty worried about getting to 180 or higher again. I almost feel like if I let myself get to that point, the deal's off, I'm a failure, and I might as well eat like it.

I feel like if I'm able to get down below 170, though, I'll end up with 170 as that new bright-line, don't-cross benchmark. I don't know how long that would hold up, though - if I got down below 160, or 165, would that be the new line? I really don't know.

I do know that I'm pretty happy with my body as-is right now. I've got kinda a "pooch" of loose skin on my belly, and I notice belly bloat a lot more than I ever did before, but overall I'm pretty happy with my shape and if it were effortless, I could happily stay at 175 for the rest of my life.

What’s funny is that as I continue to go, I’m still slowly losing.
I truly thought I was “done” when I blew through all of my weight loss goals, and now I realize that my body is going to continue to do this thing for a bit longer.
I’m now 148 and therefore will try to defend 145-150 as my window to stay in.
What’s funny is just 2 weeks ago, I had adjusted my window to 150-155.
Seeing as I’m not even 10 months post-op, I can see a scenario where I start trying to defend 140-145.
It’s strange to think that I’m almost feeling as if I need to justify my lower numbers.
Some of it I’m sure is that I’ve been MO for 20+ years, but there’s also a bit in there that is in shock at the changes and is somewhat in denial that this is really my body that has gotten this small. Another part might stem from being afraid to wish for or ask for “too much”.
Why I shouldn’t be deserving of a nice BMI as much as the next person will probably take several therapy sessions, lol

On 11/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, insta_adventurer said:

Popping in from obscurity! I wish I had commented on this before. I think my personal goal was 170. I’m now almost 1.5 years post op and have been plateaued in the upper 220s (give or take 5 lbs) for about 8 months. I seem to be able to tackle brief regains I’ve pretty easily and get back to this weight, but I have not been able to get beyond 220s. I probably don’t look like I weigh this much, because I’m on the taller side of average height and have always weighed more than I looked like I did. I would still like to make onederland, but because of my struggles with getting there, I’ve just been focused on increasing my weights at the gym and overall fitness so at least I’m accomplishing something. I also know the biggest key is diet and I’m always looking for ways I can clean that up.

So yeah- I’d be happy to hit 199, but I still feel pretty dang fit at my current weight.

Where have you been!!!! Welcome back 💙