Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Duplicate

I picked 150 as a goal weight because that's pretty much the smallest I've ever been as an adult. I may be able to get below that now because I used to be a lot more muscular than I am now and even with the gym, I doubt I will build back that much muscle. But I won't have any idea until I get there. Unfortunately, I have a large bone structure and carry absolutely minimal weight in what my Mom called "socially acceptable areas" (boobs and butt). At 150, I was still in size 14 for most clothes. However, I used to think size 14 was horrible, now it's a dream-come-true number!

So, if I can get to, and maintain, 150-160, I will be delighted!

My doctor said goal of 165, but I'm 5'11" and I'm thinking 170 would be just fine. It's my best adult weight (150) + 10 extra lbs for each child I had. :)

On 5/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, Tealael said:

What is the highest weight you would be happy at if you could easily maintain it given that you were successful initially but rebounded and regained it becomes a constant struggle to lose again?

I have been thinking about this a lot and this is not to prompt a debate on success or failure but really acceptance of a possible outcome.

I have not honestly given much thought to lowest weight yet so I need to do some soul searching on that end ...

I think my current weight would make me very happy if I could sustain it for life.

Anyone else?

I would like to get to 135 to 145. My absolute highest I want is 160. I am 5'4", 238lbs

On 5/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, Tealael said:

What is the highest weight you would be happy at if you could easily maintain it given that you were successful initially but rebounded and regained it becomes a constant struggle to lose again?

I have been thinking about this a lot and this is not to prompt a debate on success or failure but really acceptance of a possible outcome.

I have not honestly given much thought to lowest weight yet so I need to do some soul searching on that end ...

I think my current weight would make me very happy if I could sustain it for life.

Anyone

I do think people should try to go as low as they can possibly go, because there will be some gain. Statistically, 10-20% bounce weight occures around year 3-4 as our body tries to find its metabolic set point and our metabolisms change as time goes by.

I've recently put on 12. Guess how many years out I am? Four :blink:. Right on schedule!

I have put a goal weight of 140 but I'm not terribly convinced I'm going to get there. I change my mind from time to time about what would be acceptable--I'm not that crazy about the massive skin sagging and wrinkling, but I am happy that I can occasionally glimpse my collarbone for the first time in decades.

I'd really like to have my diabetes go into remission instead of simply taking less medication (which I am now, and which is great, but . . .). I'd like my knees not to hurt horribly, which they do when the cortisone shots wear off, which has taken longer last time than previously. Accident or weight loss? Don't know.

But numbers are just a fantasy game in a way . . . I'm currently just trying to get under 300. Then I'll see if I can get to, say, 250. If I get there, then I'll focus on getting under 200. I can't even imagine what I'd look like. I have no idea what size clothes I'd wear. So I'm kind of open to re-evaluating along the way, rather than shooting for a number that kind of seems ludicrously out of reach now.

Bottom line, I'm still working on changing my eating habits for the next however many years there are. I kind of think I'm getting that figured out, surprisingly.

12 hours ago, Greensleevie said:

I do think people should try to go as low as they can possibly go, because there will be some gain. Statistically, 10-20% bounce weight occures around year 3-4 as our body tries to find its metabolic set point and our metabolisms change as time goes by.

I've recently put on 12. Guess how many years out I am? Four :blink:. Right on schedule!

Thank you for that. I’ll guess adjust mine to 140 then, cause 160 is what I’m good with. Guess I’ve got 43 lbs to go! 😊

This is some really great info thanks !

HW270 SW238 CW176 VSG11/7/17
[emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956]

I have put a goal weight of 140 but I'm not terribly convinced I'm going to get there. I change my mind from time to time about what would be acceptable--I'm not that crazy about the massive skin sagging and wrinkling, but I am happy that I can occasionally glimpse my collarbone for the first time in decades.
I'd really like to have my diabetes go into remission instead of simply taking less medication (which I am now, and which is great, but . . .). I'd like my knees not to hurt horribly, which they do when the cortisone shots wear off, which has taken longer last time than previously. Accident or weight loss? Don't know.
But numbers are just a fantasy game in a way . . . I'm currently just trying to get under 300. Then I'll see if I can get to, say, 250. If I get there, then I'll focus on getting under 200. I can't even imagine what I'd look like. I have no idea what size clothes I'd wear. So I'm kind of open to re-evaluating along the way, rather than shooting for a number that kind of seems ludicrously out of reach now.
Bottom line, I'm still working on changing my eating habits for the next however many years there are. I kind of think I'm getting that figured out, surprisingly.

Incremental goals sound reasonable as well !

[emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956]

Thanks everyone
You guys are so helpful and honest I really appreciate it
I now know that I REALLY need to decide on my lowest weight so I can bounce up comfortably , I like contingency planning

How does someone find out what their lowest possible weight can be (I saw something about bone density and such) ?
BMI chart just does not seem super accurate ... Like most one size fits all things

I think if you find out your body fat amount and then lose most of that, but not all because we are women and need a certain percent of body fat, it will help to know where you should be.

I care not all about a certain number on the scale.

For me, I’m aiming for a particular clothes size. If a can become and maintain size 16R (I’m 5’ 11”) - by this I mean a linen dress from banana Republic 16R - and be able to wear a bra from Victoria Secret, I’d dance in the streets.

2 minutes ago, Blondietex said:

I care not all about a certain number on the scale.

For me, I’m aiming for a particular clothes size. If a can become and maintain size 16R (I’m 5’ 11”) - by this I mean a linen dress from banana Republic 16R - and be able to wear a bra from Victoria Secret, I’d dance in the streets.

We think alike! My definition of "success" is size 14 Levis. No other brand. Levis. (and not stretchy ones, either!)