Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the highest weight you would be happy at if you could easily maintain it given that you were successful initially but rebounded and regained it becomes a constant struggle to lose again?

I have been thinking about this a lot and this is not to prompt a debate on success or failure but really acceptance of a possible outcome.

I have not honestly given much thought to lowest weight yet so I need to do some soul searching on that end ...

I think my current weight would make me very happy if I could sustain it for life.

Anyone else?

My ultimate goal is to get down to 140, that is still about 80 pounds away. But if I could get down to about 160, I think I would be ok - I'm really not sure though. Honestly, I haven't been this happy in a long time even know. I can run again and exercise without feeling like I want to die. Excercise has become fun again for me, which I love. I keep up with my kids much better!

I am the same height as you and I think given my age I would be content around 175-180. Maybe I'll change my mind as I continue (hopefully) to lose weight. I just don't want my weight to start with a 2 and I don't want my clothing sizes to have an x in them.

I was told for my height and age that 165 lbs would be a good weight to stick to. But, honestly, if I gain again, I'd be okay with anywhere between 165-200, so long as I don't go over.

I was told for my height and age that 165 lbs would be a good weight to stick to. But, honestly, if I gain again, I'd be okay with anywhere between 165-200, so long as I don't go over.

I totally agree

I never want to see over 200 again

HW 270 SW 238 CW 176 VSG 11/7

Range 140-145lbs (5'4") = Highest acceptable for me, personally.
image.png.f856d9003bb42d6bd88edd29faaa4b7b.png

GET IT GIRL

My ultimate goal is to get down to 140, that is still about 80 pounds away. But if I could get down to about 160, I think I would be ok - I'm really not sure though. Honestly, I haven't been this happy in a long time even know. I can run again and exercise without feeling like I want to die. Excercise has become fun again for me, which I love. I keep up with my kids much better!

I'm glad you are happy, that is really important. I too have become friends with exercise lol

The lowest I've ever weighed as an adult was around 260. If I could weigh around 200 consistently, I think I'd be happy. Of course, I'd love to get and maintain at my goal weight, but as long as my weight isn't a hindrance, like it is now, I think I'd be happy.

1 hour ago, Tealael said:

I totally agree

I never want to see over 200 again

I don't either! Wishing us all luck on that front, it's a hard journey, that's for sure!

I am 5’5 and my goal weight is 140. I am sure my body has changed since the last time I weighed that amount. It isn’t so much the number as it is my mobility and ability to exercises without hurting myself. Getting in and out of my car is embarrassing now. Also I found out my heavy breathing from not much effort is from the hiatal hernia and they are fixing that when I have my surgery. Looking good in jeans would be nice too though...

I'd be happy at 140. I've gotten pass my goal I'd be happy if stayed the weight I am now and not even gain at all but... Guess I'll see.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-124
GW-130
Size- 2, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

I'm just shy of 5'9" and had once gotten myself down to 205 and was thrilled with that. I weighed about 180 in high school, so I'm shooting for somewhere in between. If I could get down to 180 and stay there, that would be great, but if that isn't in the cards I'd be ok with a few more pounds.

When I was getting prepared for my surgery I wanted to be small just because all my friends were but if I were anywhere between 140-160 I think I’d be content because at my heaviest I was 298 and I feel if I hit that 300 mark I would have a nervous break down. I’m at 210 now and I’m hoping to get through this stall and lose more. Goodluck!