Hi everyone, I was banded 10 years ago and have been a member here since then. I am still maintaining my weight despite having the band removed which I know is unusual. As a result I have developed a real interest in what happens to people's identity following all types of bariatric surgery, so much so that I am formally researching this issue as a Masters level student pre PhD in Psychology. I experienced some really interesting changes as a result of my surgery and have seen many people have struggles and succeed over the years. I think understanding that process better may help others - including support services, to navigate their journeys, through what can be an exciting but equally as tough time personally and that's why I am doing this. Our very kind forum founder Alex Brecher has given his approval for me to carry out my research through this wonderful forum membership. I am looking for people who are willing to talk to me about their journey and answer a few questions just in a conversation. This is expected to take around 30 minutes and can happen in the most convenient way for you including Skype, phone call, messaging or email, wherever you may be in the world, all of which are at my cost of course. You can remain anonymous, the contributions will generate results which will result in an academic paper but no personal details will be divulged. I know I have received a great deal of help and information from this site over the years and I would like to pay back and contribute to that going forwards, it would be really great if some of you could help me to do that too by giving me half an hour of your time. Please respond to this post or message me directly if you are interested and I can give more information and organise some time to talk. Thanks so much for reading this and please do share your story with me. Rachel AKA Weightinggame.