Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help with regain

Having problems with regain several years post-op. Lost 72lb. Was 160 at lowest point but have gained 20 over past 2 years regardless of exercise, adequate Protein intake, Water consumption, following the program!! Very frustrated and clothing too tight (refuse to get bigger size from what I was wearing).....What can I do to lose this or at least STOP the gain!!!

1 hour ago, packldr said:

Having problems with regain several years post-op. Lost 72lb. Was 160 at lowest point but have gained 20 over past 2 years regardless of exercise, adequate Protein intake, Water consumption, following the program!! Very frustrated and clothing too tight (refuse to get bigger size from what I was wearing).....What can I do to lose this or at least STOP the gain!!!

Gains are frustrating!

Some options to think about.

Make an appointment with your surgeons team. Great time for a check up. (blood labs and all) ask it there is a medical reason for not having weight loss.

Your dietician. They should help you dial in your diet where your body starts losing weight again.(its different for each of us years out)

My personal experience with weight gain years out:

My restriction is not the same. it's a normal experience for my type of surgery. My weight starting going up and it was harder and slow to lose

I had to weigh and log food again. I found what calories and Protein goal puts me back into weight loss mode. Painfully slow.... at best 2 pounds a month..But I will take it.

I'm back up again..uggg mine was indulgence of food..Takes nothing for me to gain now...I know I can get it back to where I'm comfortable. it's just at a snail's pace.

2 hours ago, Tealael said:

SO its possible to do everything right and still regain?

Yep.

Possible? Yeah...

Common or likely? No. It’s usually not being aware and creep of choices or portions.

NOT saying this is true of the OP, just what’s more typical.

Tracking and weighing or measuring will usually help ya find the culprit. Eyeballing portions can be accurate when we’ve been weighing but when we haven’t it’s not as accurate.

Oh also it takes fewer and fewer calories to maintain as we loss. A 150lb body may maintain at 1200 calories while a 200lb body loses. So constant course correction is necessary

Ok because it sounds like even on plan there is just regain , so I was puzzled
Is that not really likely?
Can someone please have a real open discussion about regain and prevention. Pretty please ?

HW 270
SW 238
CW 188
VSG 11/7
[emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Sure go ahead and start one I don’t want to hijack the OP’s thread

Sure go ahead and start one I don’t want to hijack the OP’s thread

Yes
Apologies to the OP
I hope you receive helpful responses

HW 270 SW 238 CW 176 VSG 11/7