Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, jennypenny1998 said:

I have a bunch to get rid of too... For those of you that use Ebay, has it been successful? How much do items usually go for?

The best way to determine if and for how much an item will sell is to go on eBay and search an item you have (brand,size,) and look on there. For example, Lane Bryant Jeans 20. You can also search for sold listings and/or completed listings to see if the item actually sold and for how much.

I do this when I am selling stuff and it helps me decide whether to sell or donate. I usually start all my auctions at $2.99 to $4.99 plus buyer pays shipping since that generates more bids. You also have an option to place a "Buy It Now" option for someone that does not want to wait a week for an auction to end. If I use Buy It Now it is usually for higher end and/or new with tags items. Shoes and purses also sell well.

Good luck!! I am listing a bunch of stuff this weekend!!

35 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

The best way to determine if and for how much an item will sell is to go on eBay and search an item you have (brand,size,) and look on there. For example, Lane Bryant Jeans 20. You can also search for sold listings and/or completed listings to see if the item actually sold and for how much.

I do this when I am selling stuff and it helps me decide whether to sell or donate. I usually start all my auctions at $2.99 to $4.99 plus buyer pays shipping since that generates more bids. You also have an option to place a "Buy It Now" option for someone that does not want to wait a week for an auction to end. If I use Buy It Now it is usually for higher end and/or new with tags items. Shoes and purses also sell well.

Good luck!! I am listing a bunch of stuff this weekend!!

Thank you!!

Sell them to your "vulture friends" instead and use the money to buy new, smaller clothes! Then you won't feel so sad! :) I feel you, though . . . I have gotten rid of some awesome pieces that just don't fit anymore!!

On 16/05/2018 at 2:37 AM, Syntax_Attack said:

I suppose I will just take the bad with the good. I fully intend to do everything the doctors tell me to in order to ensure I am successful in my weight loss. The negatives of staying overweight are much worse than not being able to scarf down a big meal.

I have a birthday booking 4 weeks post my surgery at my favourite restaurant. I know I won’t be able to indulge like I used to, but I also won’t look like a split sausage in my jumpsuit either! It’s going to be really tough as they serve the best oysters and I doubt I’ll be able to eat even one at that stage. I am mourning that loss.

I'm 11 days away from the sleeve - I have a small pile of "going to goodwill" cloths already. but I know what you mean. It's hard to let them go. I have another few that I know I will not be able to wear in a while, bums me out. But I try to focus on all of the TJ Maxx gift cards I've been getting from friends and family, because they know i'll need to get new stuff! I try to think of my 'fat clothes' as helping someone else in my position who need something to wear until their WLS comes along. Stay positive!

Ha! I'm the same way. My sister was at my place and basically started claiming clothes! And this was preop... I told her no and all she said was you won't fit them in two months anyways... she left empty handed but I know she is still eyeing things when she comes over.

I have a birthday booking 4 weeks post my surgery at my favourite restaurant. I know I won’t be able to indulge like I used to, but I also won’t look like a split sausage in my jumpsuit either! It’s going to be really tough as they serve the best oysters and I doubt I’ll be able to eat even one at that stage. I am mourning that loss.

You are going to have that post surgery glow baby, all the toxins out of your system you are going to look like a new person promise no one will be able to keep their eyes off of you in a good way , food will not be the focus , so live it up and happy pre surgery and pre birthday !!!!

HW270 SW238 CW176 VSG11/7/17
[emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956][emoji956]

Like many previous posters, I sell and buy clothing on eBay. It’s been expensive rebuilding my casual and work wardrobes now that I’m at goal, but I’ve managed to save a lot finding new/gently used items on eBay.

45 is still a pretty healthy amount, but happy you've been brutal and weeded out the " That's not going to work anymore!", maybe I'll get that inspiration too!👕👚👗🎽👖👙👜💼🎀

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Well its done. I have a capsule wardrobe. 45 items.

LOL. Are you bored this am? Why are you necroposting all your old posts? :lol:

Cleaned out my whole closet and drawers this weekend. Tried on some capris I wore a week before surgery at Universal...they were so big on me. Def made me see the results even more that way. I wasn’t sad getting rid of my big clothes.
Someone saw me today in Target who hasnt seen me in a while and asked if I was “ok” bc of the weight diff. Once she found out I was ok she said I looked great. Think it’s just that I look very diff. I don’t feel like I look sickly at all But guess when you see yourself in the mirror day after day it’s hard to see all the changes someone who doesn’t see you all the time sees.

Wish we had a Target here, bet Wally world wouldn't like it, they been our only source after the downtown department stores closed down, we had a Kresge , Woolworth, a very nice office supply store, Western Auto , gosh I miss them all. Folks one of the bad things about being older, you get nostalgic, One of my Grandgirls asked "Memaw were they really the Good Old Days?" Well they were and they weren't, you kids got immunized , Memaw had a Childhood disease every year of Elementary School, People were basically nicer but kids weren't always believed when we were molested, many of us hid the shame, because we thought it was our fault. So there you are much better off, I only mention it because something one of their friends encountered, Tiffany shared this to the proper people, that man is off the street. Didn't happen in my day, no laws for a minors protection, you didn't say anything , it was a dirty secret you had to submerge. But I'm digressing Folks, sorry about that.

It's crazy reading all of your posts about how you're reluctant to let your clothes go. Right now I'm over 300 lb and waiting patiently for my surgery date. There's absolutely not one piece of clothing in my closet that I am attached to that much. I cannot wait to be in your position with your "dilemma" lol

Sent from my moto e5 play using BariatricPal mobile app