Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers, where ya at?

How's everything going December Sleevers?

2 hours ago, watsongirl17 said:

Everything is going great!
Here’s my stats

SW-264
CW-187
GW-160

That's wonderful...keep up the good work....woohoo:)

Hi. My progress has been going well. Still focusing on reaching daily Protein and fluid goals. I live with chronic pain & fatigue I take naps which decreases the amount of time available to get protein & Fluid in.

SW: 287 lbs

CW: 231

GW: 130-140

Hello!

Glad to see everyone is doing great! I'm down around 65lbs so far

8 hours ago, Betty32 said:

Going great! Stats are:
SW: 238
CW: 180
GW: 150

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

That's good to hear....keep up the good work!!!!:)

Sleeved on 12/18. Feeling awesome!!!!!

Feeling Awesome

Here are my stats

SW (12/4/17) - 252
CW - 188
GW - 138

Doing great, enjoying life:) hair shed like crazy for a couple of months, kinda freaked me out, but it's much better now, can see little sprigs of new growth at my hairline. Feeling incredible and have a ton of energy:) LOVING my sleeve:)

i'm doing wonderful.

small regain past few months

not "too" upset - working on

taking excess lbs off ASAP

sleeved December 2011 (6+ years ago!)

GOAL reached one year PO

congrats to me:)

kathy

On 5/17/2018 at 12:51 PM, Creekimp13 said:

Doing great, enjoying life:) hair shed like crazy for a couple of months, kinda freaked me out,

I expected this to happen shortly after surgery and by March, when it didn't, I thought "whewww! Dodged that one!" However, I did start shedding massive amounts within the last few weeks. :P Seems like it will be okay though.

All is well here, albeit a little slower than what I hoped for. (I wanted to be one of those 100 in 6 months kind of people).

Sleeved 12/22

SW: 265

CW: 203

GW: 130

Doing well and feeling great. Dr. told me I was loosing too fast and need to eat more carbs to slow things down. First time a Dr ever told me that!

HW-325 (before liquid diet)

SW-295

CW-222

GW-205

Doing well, though loss has slowed / stalled, partially because I’m eating more. Getting lots of exercise and feeling great. No Hair loss that I’ve noticed. Just laser focused now on the last ~30 lbs, which I can tell is going to be slow going!

Down 86 lbs (78 from surgery)

Posted (edited)

So glad to see my fellow December sleevers doing so well. :)

I'm doing okay - the Hair loss was extreme for me especially between March and April. It stopped coming out in May and dermatologist is taking blood this week to make sure all levels are good for it coming back - already seeing some regrowth. Also at issue is my hair that is left doesn't look or feel like my hair but hoping that will change soon enough...

I also wanted to be further along in my weight loss but breaking a bone in my foot took 2 1/2 months of gym time and that's huge for me. So I'm happy I was still able to lose 60 so far with that setback and a cut back of one of my 3 thyroid pills I was taking daily which has slowed down my metabolism too.

I go for my 6 month surgeon checkup on Monday...hard to believe I used to wear some of the clothes I've been donating! Keep up the great work all! :)

Edited by Jeannie49

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• GreenTealael

Creating a small Nov hydration challenge in MFP, details soon...
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CrankyMagpie

I'm going to hit my stall now. I can tell, because 1) almost everybody stalls when they start moving on to real foods, in addition to the liquids, and 2) I'm at 302 pounds, lol, and the scale knows I want to see the 2 in the first digit.
      I'm fine. It's not going to freak me out or really even upset me. Honestly, I could stand the reconfiguration of inches that always comes with a stall, for me.
      I'm posting here in between bites of refried beans, which (knock on wood) seem to be going pretty well for me, so far. I'm so happy. Between ricotta (with a little sauce and a little seasoning) and refried beans (with a very small amount of low-fat cheese melted in), I can live without chewable foods for a pretty long time. (I'm also eating yogurt and ricotta cheese.) I do want to upgrade to the ricotta bake, because it has better protein and might cut down the number of protein shakes I need in a day. It's probably a bit more firm than ricotta alone, so I held off at first, but I think it's time, don't you? Plus, my spouse can put it over pasta and enjoy it with me.
      I'm eating 2.5 ounces of ricotta in a serving and maybe that much in beans? (this is my first attempt, but that's how much I served myself) I can eat 4 ounces of Greek yogurt in half an hour, which feels like a lot before the 2 week anniversary of my surgery. But I still haven't really figured out my body's "full" signal. I felt a little sick and stopped eating, one time, which made me think I'd overdone it. Other times, I just take tiny bites, sometimes a few minutes apart, for half an hour. And then I refrigerate or throw out what's left, because that was the guidance the nutritionists gave me. But other people talk about a sore shoulder or something as their signal, and I haven't found that yet.
      I guess it'll come with time and practice.
      · 4 replies
      1. CrankyMagpie

Prediction: ACCURATE! I was up .2 this morning. Here's hoping my thighs are smaller after this stall, so I can finally wear smaller pants. (The waists of pants that "fit" are too loose, but the thighs are still tight. And belts are uncomfortable on my incisions.)

2. Orchids&Dragons

Don't talk yourself into a stall. They're common, but not everyone has them early on. I honestly haven't had one yet. I've only had 3 "up" weeks in almost 8 months and none of them was from a stall. (One was from vacation, two were recovering from losing 13 lbs in 10 days because I was prescribed too much diuretic and ended up dehydrated in the er ☹️) You're unique, just let it go.

It is early for you to recognize a "full" signal. Pretty much all the foods you're eating right now are sliders that just pass through your pouch. Other than the refried beans, most of them won't stay long enough to trigger a "fullness" feeling. Don't worry, it will come. You're doing great!

3. CrankyMagpie

If it's a stall, it's only in comparison to the ridiculous speed with which I lost during immediate pre- and post-op. I'm still down like half a pound from when I posted this. (Half a pound in four days is slow for this stage of the journey, but it's still good!)

Thanks for the reassurance! It's good to be told I'm doing well. ❤️

4. Orchids&Dragons

Yeah, we love that non-linear weight loss when we have a 4-pound week. Not so much with a 1/2-pound week. I only weigh twice a week (and only write it down on Saturday) in an attempt to keep the insecurity monster at bay 😉

• Leia

211!!! Randomly super excited to have read that on the scale this morning! It almost doesn't feel real!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • AshMarie794

Haven't hit a stall but this week with only a 2 lbs loss after hitting the gym for 5 days is really getting to me.
      · 2 replies
      1. GB in CA

I had a stall for 2 weeks, lost a couple pounds, then started the gym and now I'm stalled again!

2. GreenTealael

Think of your gym time not for weightloss but as preplastic surgery. I promise the more you work out (whether you lose fat or gain muscle through it) the better your skin tone, tightness and elasticity will look in the long run... (Learning that now, too late after taking a break from the gym during a recent very active losing phase, I HAVE TO GO BACK)...

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!

• GreenTealael

Alright. No more adulting. Burned my nose, broke my espresso maker (officially), stubbed my toe, and cracked my phone screen all before 8am.
      Going back to bed.
      · 3 replies
      1. TakingABreak

Ouchhhhh. Virtual hugs for sure!

2. sillykitty

I'd definitely be done for the day! Back under the covers and Netflix for sure!

3. johnsons13

At least you didn't break your nose and burn your espresso maker.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs