Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fell off my wagon :/

I’m less than halfway through and fell off my healthy habits .. I’m thinking about just giving up at this point. I am having a hard time getting back on with the good eating habits... I’ve been under a lot of stress and haven’t had much time to redirect my head hunger towards something positive like working out.

Been debating on calling the nutritionist and telling her what’s been going on and if I should just put things on hold for now

•5’6

•Beginning W/378

•CW/268

•GW/140

•Surgery date is still unknown

•RNY

•From CT

5 minutes ago, 1Mila said:

I’m less than halfway through and fell off my healthy habits .. I’m thinking about just giving up at this point. I am having a hard time getting back on with the good eating habits... I’ve been under a lot of stress and haven’t had much time to redirect my head hunger towards something positive like working out.

Been debating on calling the nutritionist and telling her what’s been going on and if I should just put things on hold for now

•5’6

•Beginning W/378

•CW/268

•GW/140

•RNY

•From CT

Give yourself credit for 110 pounds of weight loss.

I'm sorry your struggling. None of us are perfect at this. Don't give up just because you had a setback. This is worth fighting for.

Stress can get us back to old habits. Nothing about surgery is easy. The mental battles have to be fought and overcome. If you fall off the wagon you can brush yourself off and get back to your plan. Head hunger can be redirected by removing temptation foods from your home. Buying healthy options for sweet and salty cravings. Keep a veggie try in the refrigerator..If you try to bargain with yourself for unhealthy options....then you know its head hunger...Find your discipline. Be consistent not perfect.

If you need a nutrition consult call them. If you need to figure out how to stay on the wagon counseling may help.

I'm confused your stats say sleeve...In your post it says RNY. Your surgery date unknown.

Are you halfway through pre op weight loss or post op weight loss?

2 hours ago, jenn1 said:

2 hours ago, jenn1 said:

Be consistent not perfect.

Two really good pieces of advice.

One screw up, one week of screw up....doesn't sabotage you.

What sabotages you...are feelings of hopelessness and not getting up and doingyour best again.

Rise to the setback. Keep fighting. You can do this.

Wishing you the best.

I'm sorry your struggling. None of us are perfect at this. Don't give up just because you had a setback. This is worth fighting for.
Stress can get us back to old habits. Nothing about surgery is easy. The mental battles have to be fought and overcome. If you fall off the wagon you can brush yourself off and get back to your plan. Head hunger can be redirected by removing temptation foods from your home. Buying healthy options for sweet and salty cravings. Keep a veggie try in the refrigerator..If you try to bargain with yourself for unhealthy options....then you know its head hunger...Find your discipline. Be consistent not perfect.
If you need a nutrition consult call them. If you need to figure out how to stay on the wagon counseling may help.
I'm confused your stats say sleeve...In your post it says RNY. Your surgery date unknown.
Are you halfway through pre op weight loss or post op weight loss?

I don’t know how to change the sleeve to RNY. When I created the account that’s what I was going for but later found out that the RNY would be better option due to my hiatal hernia. I’m a little more than halfway through the process, my surgery date isn’t scheduled until after my fifth nutritional visit (in June)
Just dealing with my 8 yr old having kidney problems has taken an emotional and mental toll on me..
kidney problems run in my family and I’ve already lost a nephew at the age of 10 due to kidney failure so it’s beyond stressful hearing she’s got issues with her kidneys.

•5’6
•Beginning W/378
•CW/268
•GW/140
•RNY
•From CT

16 minutes ago, 1Mila said:

I don’t know how to change the sleeve to RNY. When I created the account that’s what I was going for but later found out that the RNY would be better option due to my hiatal hernia. I’m a little more than halfway through the process, my surgery date isn’t scheduled until after my fifth nutritional visit (in June)
Just dealing with my 8 yr old having kidney problems has taken an emotional and mental toll on me..
kidney problems run in my family and I’ve already lost a nephew at the age of 10 due to kidney failure so it’s beyond stressful hearing she’s got issues with her kidneys.

•5’6
•Beginning W/378
•CW/268
•GW/140
•RNY
•From CT

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters health issues. My heart goes out to you.

Halfway through the process of having surgery and dealing with a major life stress. I can understand why you are considering putting off surgery. I'm sure you will do what's best for you and your family.

Wishing you the best,

Jenn

Your daughter needs her mommy to be strong and healthy. Relax and take a deep breath, you didn't so,much fall as slid off that wagon. Please,don' t give up on yourself now, you have done so good, I have enjoyed hearing such good reports in the past. Maybe they can help your daughter better,there are many new and b etter treatments everyday.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's medical issues -- I'm sure you are beyond stressed! I would encourage you to not drop out now. You can always revisit your decision right up until scheduling. All the best to both of you.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's medical issues -- I'm sure you are beyond stressed! I would encourage you to not drop out now. You can always revisit your decision right up until scheduling. All the best to both of you.

I had a long talk with my doctor about what’s been going on with my daughter’s health and he understands the amount of stress especially having to deal with the requirements for this procedure to even be possible. He said to hang in there and just go through the whole process and if it’s something that I can’t do because of my daughter’s health he said he can at least submit and get a prior authorization from insurance and just have it for the allotted time they give you to use it. I think it’s 30 days? I could be wrong.

We’ll see. She’s definitely doing better, however I need to travel an hr away to get her tested and checked for her kidneys..

I did increase my workout and get out of the house a lot more while she’s at school to keep my mind distracted... trying really hard to stay focused (manage to lose another 5 lbs) which is nice because the nutritionist wants to see some loss on the diet she’s got me on.

•5’6
•Beginning W/378
•CW/268
•GW/140
•RNY
•From CT

Your daughter needs her mommy to be strong and healthy. Relax and take a deep breath, you didn't so,much fall as slid off that wagon. Please,don' t give up on yourself now, you have done so good, I have enjoyed hearing such good reports in the past. Maybe they can help your daughter better,there are many new and b etter treatments everyday.

Thank you! I appreciate your support

I have faith that things will be ok.. she’s doing so much better now .. I still am going to take her to the Urologist children’s hospital (about an hr away from home) they have to do additional tests and screenings.

As for me? I did increase more steps in my day working out long during the day when she’s at school... which helps keep me distracted and manage to lose 5 lbs since I posted the original post on this thread..

My upcoming nutritionist appt is the 22nd so it’s a good thing I lost as she likes to see some progress. (Shows her that I’m doing what I’m told)to get the clearance from her) it’s hard though.. very hard..

Staying focus, none the less!

•5’6
•Beginning W/378
•CW/268
•GW/140
•RNY
•From CT

It looks like you are back on the wagon now, another 5lb loss is great progress. Be kind to yourself as you work your way through this and provide love & care to your daughter.