Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Nazz,
Yes, I do not understand well too. On my rest day I still burn 2k calories and I only took 1k but I gained 1 pound on that day but it could be Water retained due to lack of sweating during my rest day then again I believe it is something to do with our metabolism. I think at the initial phase, we take very less calories vs normal person calories needed so we lose weight easily by burning fats and then as our body and metabolism get used to our daily intake it will not burn fats so we have to exercise to burn fats and the intensity keeps increasing as our body metabolism keeps up. I have talked to many normal active friends and they did a lot of exercise to burn their calories just to maintain their weight. I am 5 - 6 to my target weight so I am pushing hard and how I want to continue after reaching that, If I want to just stop at 10k steps and maintain my weight or to do more intense exercise to lose even more weight.

Hi Nazz, I am in a situation too. I gained weight after going back to my work exercise plan for weekdays. I am really at a loss what to do. I have emailed my nutritionist and hope she replies me soon. Meanwhile I am taking 2 days rest as I have strained my back due to the intense exercise I have imposed last week. I am just keen to maintain my weight now but not sure how.

Ya seems slow going right now I’m using Fitbit and. Other apps with a Fitbit scale. I figure I have about 35 pounds to go and just started using the Fitbit scale we’ll see how it goes on Monday when I weigh in. Supposedly I’m losing 1000 calories a day so should be 2 pounds week we’ll see

So it’s been a week and I lost 2.5 pounds on the current diet and exercise it’s about what I figured Fitbit’s calorie burned number is way higher than what I am probably losing. It says I avg 3400-4000 a day I think it’s closer to 2500-2800 because if u do the math I’m avg about 1500 calories a day with 90-100g of Protein I don’t get the Water in that I need to. But if I lose 2500 ish a day and eat 1500 it’s Aprox losing about 1000-1200 calories a day which comes out to about 2-2.5 pounds. I am about to start some strength training this far I have only put in time walking about 7-10k steps a day. Fitbit with MyFitnessPal has been very helpful.

Hi Nazz,
How are you doing.
I have reached my personal target weight but still trying to lose more ( 30 pounds ) so I will be closer to my ideal weight. After my saga of being injured I tried to reduce my walking and everything is back to normal. Everyone around me was amazed by my results and I went from 6XL to XL or L for my shirts and 54” size jeans to 38”. I am really enjoying the result and have started with weights training and walking interval.

Nazz, I’m female but 6’ tall with a large skeletal structure as well. I was sleeved 1-9-18 and went from 324 to 241. My goal weight as a female is 200. So maybe 225-240 for a guy would seemingly be appropriate since the muscle mass of a male would be more substantial. My husband is 6’1, has huge bones (hands, head, feet etc), is strong and looks great at 230.

Ya I’m down to 265 right now and according to surgeon am prob carrying 10 to 15 pounds of skin so in reality I’m about 250 ish so I’m thinking 15 more pounds of loss and I’ll be good. Best thing is I feel great now and should only get better so I really could live with where I’m at now and be fine.

I am 216 now but I am shorter (5.7) so I will be really happy to lose another 30 in the coming 6 months and yes I do feel better with myself in terms of health, looks and sizing. My BP medication is reduced to half of what I am taking and my BP daily is normal range. Going to try to reduce progressively. However I had blood test recently and I have Lower than normal blood count and higher than normal Iron. Quite strange... but no need for any additional supplements except my daily doze of Multivitamins. Still getting injuries on and off but I have done weights training for arms and stilling for my lower body. Also started picking up cycling to maintain activity during weekends and it’s fun.

I had some progress keeping with everything I been doing I am now down to 257.9 and I have my consultation with a plastic surgeon for the skin and stuff. I have begun getting rashes from the skin rubbing. I prob won’t get the skin removal till oct November that will be about a year. I want to lose about 20 more and then with the skin remova should put me about 230 ish.

Hi Nazz,
How are you doing?
Skin removal is costly where I am and not covered by insurance so I Guess I have to work it out to burn those excess skin back to normal. I am still losing ~4 lb weekly so is this normal? Because my hospital told me the weight loss will get less and slower. I am 30 lb to my ideal weight based on BMI.
I have been doing walking every day 5 miles in total together with weights training every night. I go Cycling on the road every weekends for ~12 miles and increasing.

I hav kinda hit a plateau I think I’m losing a little at a time I’m down to 255 atm and I’m 6 foot. I feel good so if I lose another 15-20 over them next 6 months I’m good with that. I have increased my calories to 1600-1800 a day now. My insurance will cover the skin removal but I don’t think I meet the requirements apparently one of the requirements is the skin hangs to your thighs and I’m not there.

Hi Nazz,
You can do it, 6 months is a Long time. From where I am, the hospital told me usually we have 12 months to lose ( vs what I checked online which is 12-18 months ). So I am left with 4 months based on the hospital’s feedback. For myself I have reduced my calories intake. I should be around 700. I started taking only Protein Drinks for dinner to aid my weight lifting and nothing else but I still take considerable lunch ( 2-3 portions of meat , some carbo and veg ). My arm muscles looks better now thanks to weight lifting and I plan to move to my back and leg muscles in coming months. Not that I ignore my leg muscles but not focusing too much but still I put leg weights when I walk on my treadmil at night and I am trying to gain some through Cycling during weekends. For the skin hanging, I can see it hanging on my arm and lost of them on my stomach but not thighs....it’s tough to see skin hanging on thighs I guess.