Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op Aunt Flo is the devil 😈

I knew it was inevitable. Aunt Flo had an extended stop over somewhere on her latest round trip, being due more the a week pre op but waiting until just over a week post op to arrive and decimate my abdomen.

I had been so happy needing no pain killers these last few days and buzzing about doing my Mummy duties like normal since I came back from hospital. Then I had a little spotting two days ago as a pre warning, before the flood gates opened late yesterday.

I have ALWAYS had really heavy painful periods (except when moderated a bit by the hormonal pill) and was knocked off guard by it not hurting too badly yesterday and overnight, though I did take my prescription 1000mg paracetamol/acimetophen with 60mg codeine before going to bed.

This morning an hour after I got up though, the devil started throwing a party in my abdomen and I was doubled over in pain. I've now taken my prescription pain killers and one of my few remaining post op endone tablets and an curled back up in bed feeling sorry for myself.

I am really really hoping that as I lose weight and have less adipose tissue contributing to my oestrogen load that the monthly pain lessens. Have any other experienced sleevers found this to be the case??? I had a terrible experience with the Mirena IUD triggering massive anxiety and worsening depression, and hubby had the snip once we decided 2 kids completed our family so I no longer need to take hormonal contraception and didn't want to continue it and risk other long term pill use complications (it's possible that taking the pill from age 12 because of excessive pain and Migraines contributed to my ballooning weight as a teen).

I need to get this pain under control as I'm hosting an early mother's Day dinner for my husband's mum and older sister tonight (since we are at my mum's house tomorrow on Mother's Day). As I'm still on liquids I didn't want us taking them out to a restaurant as that'd be too difficult/awkward for me, plus at home I don't have to worry about the kids running riot somewhere. Thankfully dinner will be simple roast chicken wings, steamed veggies and a potato and pumpkin mash so nothing too fancy or complicated.

Thanks for anyone who made it all the way to the end of my whinging rant. *Hugz*

I use to be a bad menstrual suffer. Right before my surgery, I got the depo-prova shot. Some people say it increases your weight but I don't have the space in my pouch for junk food. So I don't gave any issue. No period since January, thank goodness. The IUD nor pills worked for me. No two are alike, they say.

Show someone a little kindness each day~Miss Tee

Ah Sweet Taoz, if I could get,to Aussie land I'd give you a big hug and kiss on the cheek. I do recall somebody saying the more weight She lost the more scrawnier dear Aunt Flo got to where they were both normal. Now this was clear back maybe last December,forgot her name but maybe a cause for hope? Oh I hope she moves out for at least a month. I would have answered sooner but another posted me a PM, no not the Prime Minister,a private message, wanted an ecplaination of all my non- surgical trials, so I tried to tell her all about it. I lived it and st8ll sounds crazy to me.
Bryan my son,is complainng I've been on Bariatric Pal too long today. I'm still at 80% power, and like the lady,who told her bank she can't be overdrawn when she has a book of cheques left, it didn't seem that bad to me.

I am sorry , I had hellish periods after my gall bladder was removed but they lightened up over time hopefully this is the case for you. Everyone has a different body but this may make you feel better about later on.

Taoz I am right there with you! 3 days post op and Aunt Flo came 2 weeks early. This suuuuucks!!!!

I'm on the depo shot and I'm not suppose to see Aunt Flo. I chose the depo-prova because my cramps were created by the devil. It could just be my body reaction from the surgery or if its just a side effect feom the shot.

Show someone a little kindness each day~Miss Tee

I am just ending mine and this has been my heaviest and clumpiest (sry gross!) since my cycles right after giving birth. I am wiped.

Flower Drum Song was wrong, there are days when you don't Enjoy Being A Girl😪