Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy TGIF! Come Celebrate Yourself (and Friday-mostly Friday)!

1 hour ago, Biddy zz said:

Ok, thanks for this:

top photo, 169lbs and near-goal, close to normal and dressed in colour (a new thing),

versus bottom picture, at 210lbs - somber suit to hide fat arms, chin (and I cut out my idolised prime minister who I was chaperoning on this trip, she too slim so shame made me cut her out!)

I Celebrate the change from shame to ‘I don’t think people are staring in shops’

B7982102-5A1F-4E9F-8333-504C69CF8A6F.jpeg

5B3155BB-0D92-40DC-A441-A43DB0D05417.jpeg

Those collarbones!! You look wonderful!!

Happy Friday to you all!!

Woke up feeling really great today and am taking my first solo trip to the grocery store this AM. Husband offered to drive me but I really want to do something on my own....it is only a few blocks.

How crap, it was $42 for a pound of Maryland lump crab for tomorrow's Crab & Shrimp Louie -- ouch!!! U.S. changed the way temporary work visas are awarded to a lottery system, so there's nobody to pick the crabs. Its good for crab populations, so there is that...

BiddyNZ reminds me of the young man who after being forced to dance with cousin said. " Gee for a. Fat Girl you don't sweat much" , I too think you look merely curveful!😛💕😛

Wow @Biddy zz you look wonderful! What an inspiration!

I am fighting a slow down here as I reach a point where my weight was at for a long time it seems. Only lost about five pounds the last month and maintaining motivation is a struggle.

18 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Only lost about five pounds the last month and maintaining motivation is a struggle.

I had two five pound months.....then, this month, had a ten pound month. It's crazy. Stay the course:)

Today I am celebrating two weeks since my surgery and the go ahead to eat 3 oz of soft Protein as one of my meals. Oh joy of joys! I am also giddy to eat an actually egg! :D

I posted this in the February Sleevers already, but it seems appropriate here!

I have had a fantastic week!

My weight loss is finally becoming noticeable. Three colleagues I had not seen in over a year this week commented that I’ve lost a lot of weight. It was all separate meetings, so it’s not like they could discuss amongst themselves.

I’m finally getting too small for my clothes. First I had to get work slacks the next size down. This week I was on a trip and packed a couple of dresses and jeans that fit just a week or two ago. The jeans were way baggy and the shirt was too long. The dresses looked ok, but it were quite loose on me. I ordered some jeans in 1 and 2 sizes down. They were here when I got home, and the ones 2 sizes down are what fit! The only downside is the thought of the expense of replacing or altering my wardrobe.

I misconnected on my flight home and instead of getting my upgraded seat, I got stuck in a middle seat, exit row. Not only are middles always awkward. Exit rows have solid arm rests, instead of the moveable arm rests that can be raised and lowered. And because the seats have the solid arm rests with the tray table in them, it makes the seats even narrower. I usually avoid these seats at all cost, but today I had no choice. I was so surprised and happy when I fit in the seat and was completely comfortable!

It’s getting much easier to lie to people about WLS. I don’t know if lying is a good thing, but at least I’m not stressing about people asking why I’m not eating.

Oh, and this happened!

IMG_8635.thumb.JPG.cd1c752979a0d0e032493ec4882cda2f.JPG

Morning from Central IL,

Today I'm celebrating capability that has come with this weight loss. My better half hurt himself on the job about a month ago. He is usually the one to do anything strenuous around the house. But with him hurt, I have been picking up the brunt of the physical-type stuff. And I'm proud to say that I can actually do it without problems. I did hire someone to help me with the spring clean up in the back yard. We have a very wooded area and it needed some trimming and weeding, but I was able to keep up with the guy we paid. I didn't feel like a lazy piece of sh*t sitting on the porch watching. I was knee deep in brush with him. That makes me feel STRONG! :1350_muscle_tone1:

Happy Friday!

:780_sparkling_heart: Ash

Well finally found out why I was completely exhausted all the time. My Vitamins were lacking. So we added more Iron (I am anemic) and more Vitamin D to the mix. I feel alive again!!

3 hours ago, Biddy zz said:

Ok, thanks for this:

top photo, 169lbs and near-goal, close to normal and dressed in colour (a new thing),

versus bottom picture, at 210lbs - somber suit to hide fat arms, chin (and I cut out my idolised prime minister who I was chaperoning on this trip, she too slim so shame made me cut her out!)

I Celebrate the change from shame to ‘I don’t think people are staring in shops’

B7982102-5A1F-4E9F-8333-504C69CF8A6F.jpeg

5B3155BB-0D92-40DC-A441-A43DB0D05417.jpeg

Dayum shazam!!!! Woman! You look fabulous!!! And where did you ditch the old broad? :D LOVE your new look and funky doo!!! Lee Harvey, I wanna party with you!!! (that's right, I'm full of old movie quotes! ;) )

Wow! Happy TGIF everyone. What great reports from each of you!!!!!

(Except poor @Apple203 with her $42/lb thing of crab. :( I'm gonna check to see what my blue crab lump is. It was $14 about a couple of weeks ago!) Holy jehosaphat!

10 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I had two five pound months.....then, this month, had a ten pound month. It's crazy. Stay the course:)

I know, I know. I really am trying to be patient. It’s tough when I have another 90 pounds to lose to see the scale crawling down so slow. I try to remember I have lost over 100 pounds from my high weight and remain positive. I will get there, just not as quickly as my surgeon thinks I should be able to.

8 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

I know, I know. I really am trying to be patient. It’s tough when I have another 90 pounds to lose to see the scale crawling down so slow. I try to remember I have lost over 100 pounds from my high weight and remain positive. I will get there, just not as quickly as my surgeon thinks I should be able to.

You are doing super girl!!! Congrats on your 100lb loss!!!! This time next year you will look back with such pride of accomplishment!! ((hugs))

I know I’m a day late but never mind lol.

Friday was great, I worked 11 hours but managed to get a ton of work done which means I’m on top of everything for my holiday... I leave next Thursday for two and a half weeks in the sun... hurrah. I slept so well last night, a first for the past ten months or so which is fantastic.

18 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Dayum shazam!!!! Woman! You look fabulous!!! And where did you ditch the old broad? :D LOVE your new look and funky doo!!! Lee Harvey, I wanna party with you!!! (that's right, I'm full of old movie quotes! ;) )

What FluffyChix said !!!