Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is at noon tomorrow (although I’ve been told that my surgeon likes to move things up when possible which I experienced with my EGD) and I am SO excited! I’ve got to go finish some shopping today, finish packing my overnight bag and then do the Hibicleans showers. sleep tonight and then it’s time for my VSG!

The only part I’m dreading is the pain and nausea after surgery. Perhaps I’ll get more nervous as the day rolls on but for now I could just jump up and down with happiness!

HW: 311

CW: 257

SW: We’ll see on May 10!

First goal weight: 191 lbs

Second goal weight: 159 lbs

Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

My surgery is tomorrow as well...RNY.

I am scared and nervous but also excited lol. I am just hoping for no complications.

sucks but I also started my period but that’s whatever...the pain meds will help with my cramps as well lol

Best wishes to you both for smooth surgeries and speedy recoveries!

Best wishes ladies! My surgery is tomorrow as well. I'm actually more nervous/concerned about having a catheter than having VSG, lol.

HW 357 lbs (11/21/17)
CW 314.2 lbs
SW pending

Good luck! You got this!

I am scared and nervous but also excited lol. I am just hoping for no complications.
sucks but I also started my period but that’s whatever...the pain meds will help with my cramps as well lol

Girl I’ve had mine for 8 days! I think it’s FINALLY stopping so I’ll be free and clear tomorrow. 🤞

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Best wishes ladies! My surgery is tomorrow as well. I'm actually more nervous/concerned about having a catheter than having VSG, lol.

HW 357 lbs (11/21/17)
CW 314.2 lbs
SW pending

I feel the same! I’m not sure they do a catheter at my hospital though. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Good luck! You got this!

Thank you!

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Good Luck all of you- Moondoggie all 4 paws pointing forward? Good, no more howling without,purpose at the moon, going to pray your surgery is so smooth. you won't have to whimper. They put collars sround dogs necks so they won't bite and chew at their wounds, do we have put a big plastic collar on you just below the chest? Maybe we should put mittens on your front paws?

I feel the same! I’m not sure they do a catheter at my hospital though. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Maybe so. Fingers crossed!

HW 357 lbs (11/21/17)
CW 314.2 lbs
SW pending

Bryn sorry about the💦, you know you may return from the OR,either on a blue-backed absorbent pad or a "granny pad: and mesh panties on. One of the detrimental joys of being female and being pre-menopausal. Aunt Flo would show up at the most incovenient times, like,most relatives drop in uninvited and overstay her welcome. I kept begging my gynecologist to help me murder the old broad, never would, I had to let her die off on her own, and typical sneaky broad, she sputtered many months until she,gave up and moved away. Last time was the morning my older grand-daughter was born, waiting for my son-on-law to call, thought well I'll tinkle one more time and surprise! Usually a little cramping before but not this time, afteriNaomis' s both my RD and I had granny pads on, she had a good excuse, me, didn't know if Aunt Flo was going to spit and sputter or vomit red all over my undies. And usually when she decided to do the letter not even tampons slower her down. I was 60 years 2 months and 10 days old, it was not fair! My mother started at 9, was over at 54 maybe 55, I started the week before my 13th birthday and was chugging along for that long. Couldn't catch a break!

My300lblife, you are my size sibling, so I'll be watching how your progress goes, both pre and post. Gosh I'm so envious, I'm. beseaching Heaven. I join you in June! Figure by now, the Holy Angels are flying in to say "Father God, please respond to her petition? She' s making so much noise down in Ohio we don't have time to intercede from someone else!" It is difficult to romp and stomp around while you're praying but I've had so much practice I'm getting proficient.😝

2 hours ago, moondoggie1983 said:

My surgery is at noon tomorrow (although I’ve been told that my surgeon likes to move things up when possible which I experienced with my EGD) and I am SO excited! I’ve got to go finish some shopping today, finish packing my overnight bag and then do the Hibicleans showers. sleep tonight and then it’s time for my VSG!

The only part I’m dreading is the pain and nausea after surgery. Perhaps I’ll get more nervous as the day rolls on but for now I could just jump up and down with happiness!

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

2 hours ago, Bryn910 said:

Good luck to both of you! I know you'll do great.

Girls don't worry too much about catheters, unless your surgery is prolonged, you might not even have one. Often if you do, if you're young and frisky they will d/c it soon,so you will be up and doing your "walkies". if not you just take Frankie the Foley along with you. Won't be the first one to do so.
Confess something to you all. After knee replayment #2 in February 2017 I DID NOT have one. Apparently Dr Doolittle, no telation to,the movie doctor, he was a vet anyway, was so proud of his speed and skill he didn't have one installed. Imagine if you will me, all 300+ lbs of dizzy me, being asked to stand on my knee and pivot to the bedside commode. I only pray they didn't have a camera up on the wall taping it. If so I made America's Most Funny Medical Videos hands down. Right then I prayed for a catheter so they would leave me alone. Better yet, bring me a Foley Kit, perhaps he forgot,I had been to nursing school, got an A plus in catheter placement. FYI my school practices on Downy bottles befor we venture out to do the real thing, and a male catherization, takes a little longer, at this point he was lucky he has on another floor because I had fire in my eyes. The red hair on my head is not chemically enduced!😵

PS without a doubt I would have used lubricant, although I was feeling mean at that point, even I am not THAT NASTY and besides I've always taken pride in my work, no matter what👸👍😀