Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

On 5/11/2018 at 10:37 PM, gully90 said:

Yea mine is all inclusive too! No hidden fees! Hospital fee, anesthesiologist, meds, a years worth of follow ups and meeting with a nutritionist. It’s a steal honestly.

Where are you going?

On 5/11/2018 at 8:59 PM, MissB_fit_2018 said:

Oh wow yea that is really low compared to most, I saw someone post they got an explanation of benefits showing 54k billed for the surgery. Mines pretty close in cost to yours it was $8900 but it’s what is considered all inclusive. So there is no additional hidden cost that includes web follow ups with the nutritionists, meds, anesthesiologist all of that so no after bills.

Where are you having yours?

Hello again June '18 sleevers!

It was my one year anniversary yesterday and I'm still very happy with my decision.

My weight loss has slowed right down. It takes about two to three weeks to lose a pound, but I'm still losing, so I'm happy. I've decided that slow is good, so I'm not going to sweat it. I've lost 104 lbs so far and I'd like to lose another 20ish lbs, but I'm going with the flow.

How are you getting on?

My surgiversary was 6/6. I’m down 85 pounds from my highest weight. I had A LOT of Hair loss in the first 6 months , but I now have a lot of growth! I weigh 169 now and want to get to 150 ... but I’m losing very slowly. I have been working out at Orange Theory Fitness 2-3 times per week and recently started running. I surprised myself and ran 3 miles without stopping yesterday! My pace was 10:30/mile .... back when I weighed at least 50 pounds more a few years ago, my pace was 13:57/mile. I could definitely feel the huge difference in how I felt running after losing all this weight so far. It felt AMZING!!!

I hope that everyone is doing well!

Hey June 18 Sleevers,

So happy for you both - excellent progress. You both must look & feel great.

Unfortunately, I’m a sleeve failure story. Started out great & the surgery was a piece of cake - no complications at all. But alas, life had its way of catching up with you & all of the emotional & mental problems connected with my eating were not solved with this tool either. I said from day one that it wasn’t my stomach but my brain that needed this operation because I knew all along I wasn’t strong enough. I just really hoped & prayed that I would finally be able to conquer this lifelong battle. I have learned a lot & I am seeing a psychiatrist. Some medication changes for anxiety have been made - I learned what I had been taking for over 10 years was actually causing increased appetite so that wasn’t helping! I also learned, at 63 years old that I am classic Attention Deficit Disorder. Not ADHD but it explains so much. Of course, this “syndrome” was not “invented” when I was a kid so I have a lot of work to do on that front.

People keep asking me why I just can’t accept myself for who I am? I guess I was just always hopeful that somehow I could conquer my demons. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. And most likely, as I head to my primary care physician next month, I will be back on diabetes meds. That & the shear humiliation I feel from failing in front of so many so publicly is the worst thing of all.

Sorry to be a such a bummer but I guess it’s important for people to know that there’s a lot more to all of this than just the surgery. And sometimes even some very useful tools and great intentions just aren’t enough.

I am happy for you and for the hundreds of people that have been helped by Bariatric surgery. I wouldn’t change having it done. But I wonder often if the eventual loss and gain - still down 20 pounds from original highest weight was really worth it.

continue to fight the good fight fellow June 2018 Sleevers.