Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

18 hours ago, Lala70 said:

Man I cannot eat salads for the life of me! I wish I could! I absolutely loved salads before. If I have a bite or two, I immediately have the urge to vomit.

I’ve lost 20 lbs since the pre diet began. Nearly 2 months post op. Have stalled, again. I’m bruising like a sensitive banana! Need to look into Iron sups. Just not sure I can stomach more Vitamins.

Well, summer is nearly over, here’s to being fit and Healthy next summer 2019 :)

Don’t. U just love that u can eat something and want to vomit.

salad is rough. I would tackle introducing the items separate first. Then after while u may get used to. That’s why I did. Introduce a small whatever and let ur body get used to it first. I did that with a lot of foods, reintroducing.

This is crazy. VSG saved my life. I needed this surgery image-0.00798702239990234.thumb.jpg.4d18c2d3cdfcd300b569f75fdf8b76a0.jpg
You look amazing!

is anyone stalled? I had surgery 6/12. went a month without eating only on Water. lost 45 UNHEALTHY POUNDS as per my surgeon. started eating again august 6. I can keep down everything in 1 ounce 2-3 intervals. but I'm stalled haven't gained or lost anything in 2-4 weeks anyone know to break the stall without going back to liquids? I was thinking of intermittent fasting. eating for 8 hours and fasting for 16. any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, stephh6789 said:

is anyone stalled? I had surgery 6/12. went a month without eating only on Water. lost 45 UNHEALTHY POUNDS as per my surgeon. started eating again august 6. I can keep down everything in 1 ounce 2-3 intervals. but I'm stalled haven't gained or lost anything in 2-4 weeks anyone know to break the stall without going back to liquids? I was thinking of intermittent fasting. eating for 8 hours and fasting for 16. any suggestions?

I have a few questions so I might understand your predicament better.... So you had surgery on 6/12.... When did your Dr. have you go on the Water only diet? From what date to to what date did you lose the 45lbs?

Soooo I'm not a Dr. however I have had several stalls and my Dr. said they would be normal. He told me that my body would need time to adjust in between drops of weight. So ive lost 28 pounds since my surgery on 6/15. 17 of that weight came off the first month, After that i've averaged about 5lbs a month. Now i say averaged but in reality I have stalled for 2-3 weeks then had movement in the scale of a few lbs for 1-2 weeks. Then I will stall again for 2-3 weeks then the scale moves again. I definitely have noticed when i eat more Protein rich foods and drink lots of water i get movement in my scale..... The problem is the reason I had the surgery to begin with I LOOOOOVEEE carbs!!! So while i try to have more good days with my eating I don't always stick to the protein first rule!

My recommendation would be to not cut out eating.... I think that might make you stall more since when you reintroduce food your body is probably going to try and keep as much nutrients as it can. I have heard a lot of people have success with the intermittent fasting but i think you have to start with smaller hours so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and try and keep everything put in it. I know MrsLingo on here was staying low carb or Keto and she had looks amazing. A lot of people in my Dr.'s group have also gone low carb and have had success with keeping the stalls short. I know stalls can be frustrating trust me i feel like I've been in stalls more then I've had movement on the scale.

If you get a chance check out Ask Dr. A on Youtube. Dr. Alvarez was my doctor and watching his videos has helped me so much. He answers questions other VSGers send in and you would be surprised how many of us have the exact same issues. His videos give you so much information and they help put me at ease about some of the issues or stalls I hit.

8 minutes ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

I have a few questions so I might understand your predicament better.... So you had surgery on 6/12.... When did your Dr. have you go on the Water only diet? From what date to to what date did you lose the 45lbs?

Soooo I'm not a Dr. however I have had several stalls and my Dr. said they would be normal. He told me that my body would need time to adjust in between drops of weight. So ive lost 28 pounds since my surgery on 6/15. 17 of that weight came off the first month, After that i've averaged about 5lbs a month. Now i say averaged but in reality I have stalled for 2-3 weeks then had movement in the scale of a few lbs for 1-2 weeks. Then I will stall again for 2-3 weeks then the scale moves again. I definitely have noticed when i eat more Protein rich foods and drink lots of Water i get movement in my scale..... The problem is the reason I had the surgery to begin with I LOOOOOVEEE carbs!!! So while i try to have more good days with my eating I don't always stick to the Protein first rule!

My recommendation would be to not cut out eating.... I think that might make you stall more since when you reintroduce food your body is probably going to try and keep as much nutrients as it can. I have heard a lot of people have success with the intermittent fasting but i think you have to start with smaller hours so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and try and keep everything put in it. I know MrsLingo on here was staying low carb or Keto and she had looks amazing. A lot of people in my Dr.'s group have also gone low carb and have had success with keeping the stalls short. I know stalls can be frustrating trust me i feel like I've been in stalls more then I've had movement on the scale.

If you get a chance check out Ask Dr. A on Youtube. Dr. Alvarez was my doctor and watching his videos has helped me so much. He answers questions other VSGers send in and you would be surprised how many of us have the exact same issues. His videos give you so much information and they help put me at ease about some of the issues or stalls I hit.

my "water only diet" was involuntary , I was really sick after my surgery I was hospitalized due to dehydration, unable to keep anything down not even water I was throwing up all day. lost 45 pounds from june 12-july 30th.

I was told not to do keto after the surgery because of the high fat, can cause ulcers and possible gallbladder removal. no idea how those two work together but that's what I was told by a nurse right before my surgery lol. my husband is on keto he didn't get surgery and looks amazing so it works I'm just worried because of what that nurse told me.

thank you for you response!!

Edited by stephh6789

8 minutes ago, stephh6789 said:

my "water only diet" was involuntary , I was really sick after my surgery I was hospitalized due to dehydration, unable to keep anything down not even Water I was throwing up all day. lost 45 pounds from june 12-july 30th.

I was told not to do Keto after the surgery because of the high fat, can cause ulcers and possible gallbladder removal. no idea how those two work together but that's what I was told by a nurse right before my surgery lol. my husband is on keto he didn't get surgery and looks amazing so it works I'm just worried because of what that nurse told me.

thank you for you response!!

Oh No sorry to hear that you were so sick, I'm glad your doing better now and are able to keep things down.... The keto thing makes sense with the high fat causing gallbladder issues. I recently learned that the gallbladder helps break down fatty tissue. So maybe a high fat diet can overload your gallbladder... that my doctoring for the day lol.

I did the keto thing for a while before surgery but as i stated before I'm in love with carbs and we have a bad relationship its one sided... I get all the bad stuff out of it. Anyways I really hope those videos help and you get past your stall soon.

Hey guys just stopping by to see how is everybody doing and to share something I just realized.

You know how everyone says to eat Protein protein protein, so I did. I had several stalls( supposedly normal) and a drop rate of 1lb per week some times less.

That been said, I started to notice for several weeks now, that every time I ate carbs the next day I dropped weight like a whole pound overnight or even more.

I am not saying to eat only carbs of course but I think that by doing one day of carb load is making my body let go of the love for fat.

food for thought.

I do weight myself daily so I can analyze the fluctuations and how my body is responding.

Lost 4 lbs in the last 3 days which does not consist whit patterns until now. Hopefully I am going into a new stage. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is doing great.

5 7
HW 280
SW 250
CW 216
GW 175

I am 6 week post-surgery and am still having problems eating and getting 64 oz of liquid a day. Every time is eat I have a pain in my stomach. Is anyone else still having problems eating this far out?

1 hour ago, PositiveAction said:

I am 6 week post-surgery and am still having problems eating and getting 64 oz of liquid a day. Every time is eat I have a pain in my stomach. Is anyone else still having problems eating this far out?

What do u mean by pain?? Describe. I know I feel sick if I go straight to Protein in morning. I need the shake and some sort of carb..like a few saltines. Here’s the thing......we aren’t normal anymore. We go to bed and wake up with 0 in stomach, nothing digesting. So when we go to eat, putting anything in can be uncomfortable....that’s when I was told to eat crackers ..it’s a solid, and soaks up gastric juices.

Now this is just me and some people I’ve talked to. Discovered eveyone is different, but hearing other stories can help realize what tweaks u need to make.

For me protein digesting is hard on belly. Remember it’s harder for your stomach to digest protein. It has to work harder. Solids not the Protein Shake.

hope that helps u

@Malcy/@Isabel you ladies look AMAZING!!!!! Love love the smiles!!!! Question: What vitamins/supplements are you taking? What brands are working for you? Can stand the chalky taste of the fusion multi-vitamins! I want to double check just in case I am missing a specific vitamin...

Hey, how is everyone doing? My surgery was 6/20 and I'm finally losing again and am at 221 which is a 51# weight loss for me! I'm super happy and just hope and pray this continues. And, what's the most amazing to me is how much better I feel and how much energy I now have.

I'd love to hear how you all are doing. Hugs to you all! :)