Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

Lala 70!

I used to get a yeast infection any time I was put on amoxicillin! Let your doc know that happened & next time they can give you some other type of antibiotic. I like your idea about the “slim fast” type of diet. Gonna try to eat like I did just post surgery!

If you can tolerate pills, try magnesium citrate for Constipation - same stuff as in milk of magnesia. Works great!

Ghod luck with everything!

14 hours ago, Lala70 said:

Hey guys! I’m also on a weight loss stale, which I’m partially okay with. I’ve lost 17 lbs, since June 28th.

I’m starting my purée diet tomorrow which is a relief. I’m tired of Jello, popsicles, and broth.

I’m struggling because sorry if it’s TMI but I’m on my period for the second time this month! And goodness, this flow is heavy!!! I even got a yeast infection after taking antibiotics! Something I’ve never experienced. I’m also constipated. It’s a lot to go through for a person in one month.

Like I said, sorry for TMI but just checking in and hoping I’m not the only one going through this.

Hey Lala70, Nope your not the only one I had my cycle twice with in 30 days as well and it was not fun. I upped my bought some vita-melt Fiber pills and have been on them daily so that has helped keep me regular as well as the activa yogurt. I have one at least daily even i'm to afraid to stop taking either because i don't want to go back to the Constipation stage. Now that your on the puree stage maybe you can this to your daily diet see if it helps.

I haven't lost any weight since sunday but i was told to expect stalls while my body catches up with me so I won't worry to much. Going to try and attempt my first workout tomorrow and see if that helps push the scale some.

I see some of you are on a calorie restriction. I wasn't given one by my Dr., is this coming from your Dr. or nutritionist? I need to go see mine i haven't been yet.

2 hours ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

Hey Lala70, Nope your not the only one I had my cycle twice with in 30 days as well and it was not fun. I upped my bought some vita-melt Fiber pills and have been on them daily so that has helped keep me regular as well as the activa yogurt. I have one at least daily even i'm to afraid to stop taking either because i don't want to go back to the Constipation stage. Now that your on the puree stage maybe you can this to your daily diet see if it helps.

I haven't lost any weight since sunday but i was told to expect stalls while my body catches up with me so I won't worry to much. Going to try and attempt my first workout tomorrow and see if that helps push the scale some.

I see some of you are on a calorie restriction. I wasn't given one by my Dr., is this coming from your Dr. or nutritionist? I need to go see mine i haven't been yet.

Oh honey, your period. Horrible. I had to go off pill before, still off. Period is hay wire. My gyn said it would, the surgery is playing with your hormones too.

Calories, alls I was told was I need to get Protein. I’m lucky if I eat enough. The nutritionist would yell at me. I’m probably at about 600 calories a day. But if I don’t eat enough, I get naseaus.

Weird that we never realized that when we ate, we had food in our belly’s probably till the next time we ate. We never really had an EMPTY STOMACH

3 weeks post my late June surgery and have been disappointed by weight loss. But doctor assured me I was doing fine. But I need to step up the exercise. The most successful patients are the most active.

I know I need to push through the fatigue, the acid reflux, etc and head to the gym

Discipline, consistency. Sometimes dull, but given everything we have gone through, worth it.

1 minute ago, ConnieCoops said:

3 weeks post my late June surgery and have been disappointed by weight loss. But doctor assured me I was doing fine. But I need to step up the exercise. The most successful patients are the most active.

I know I need to push through the fatigue, the acid reflux, etc and head to the gym

Discipline, consistency. Sometimes dull, but given everything we have gone through, worth it.

Are you eating enough calories?

I feel that I am losing pretty slow as well. My surgery was 6/6. On surgery day, I weighed 241. I weighed this morning and I am 219. I saw the dietician a few days ago and she said that I need to eat more calories. I was eating between 500-600 and she wants me to eat between 700-1000 and start 30 mins of exercise everyday that includes some strength training. I was also not eating enough fat or carbs ... which she said contributed to my very low energy. So, I have eaten just over 700 the last two days and have added some healthy carbs and fats and I do feel a bit more energy overall. I think I am going to try the Aaptiv app for my workouts because getting myself get to the gym sounds like a lot right now. I have an elliptical machine and dumbbells so I want to try the app and see how I do.

I was getting disappointed by my slow weight loss, but finally the scale is moving slow and steady. Surgery on 6/4. Have lost a total of 20 pounds since surgery and a total of 30 pounds since the start of the pre-op diet. I decided to be happy about this! I’m staying around 800 calories per day. My doctor is pleased with my progress, but said to focus on the Protein first and not so much the calories.

Thanks for the info churchgirl, missb_fit_2018 and purple girl.

I am on a restricted diet for the first month of post op. Directed by dr and dietician. After next Thursday, I’ll be on a soft food diet, and after that I’m free to go.

It’s hard Protein Drinks aren’t so bad, I love chocolate Premier Protein. It’s just hard for dinner at social outings. It’s hard to finish a full glass of Water. Since the whole rule about waitin 30 mins before eating or after eating to drink water.

I went to the store to buy those magnesium pills. :) and I bought some activia yogurt.

I walk at the gym now. I’m still on my period! Gosh can’t it go away already!!! 😬

But I’ll keep trucking, it’s marathon, not a sprint I must remind myself this!

Let’s see some miniature progress pics from all my fellow June Sleevers! 😊

I’m 6 weeks out and 31 lbs down!! HW: 199...SW: 192...CW 168!!!!

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

@gully90You look great!!!!! Congrats

Edited by MrsLingo

On 07/22/2018 at 10:21, MrsLingo said:

@gully90You look great!!!!! Congrats

Thank you girly!

I was sleeved on the 30th June. I've lost 28lbs before the op and 25lbs since, and I'm happy with that.

However, sometimes I get up and I feel suddenly very weak and a dark circle encroaches on my vision. Occasionally, I feel nauseous with it. I never faint, and if I sit down again, it goes away within a minute or two. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've checked my blood pressure: its gone down but it isn't low - and I've never had a problem with blood sugar.

How have you guys broken past a wls stall? It’s goin to be 1 month post op on the 28th and I’m only 17 lbs down.

1 hour ago, Lala70 said:

How have you guys broken past a wls stall? It’s goin to be 1 month post op on the 28th and I’m only 17 lbs down.

I've been stalled for a week and gained 2 lbs this week! But in all honestly my eating was horrible this week. I'm down 23 pounds total, 17 lbs down since surgery. I did meal prep this week so I hope that keeps me making better choices and helps move the stall. I still have not made it to a work out today is Monday though so no motivation like a Monday start lol.

How long have you had your stall? My Dr. said two to 3 weeks stalls would be normal in between large amounts of weight coming off as your body catches up with the weight loss so not to worry. He recommended just staying on track with good habits such as protien first, then veggies, then carbs when eating and stopping when full and my body would do the rest. My problem is i'm a bored eater. I eat just to have something to do. So i'm drinking Water to try and replace that habit. Like i said i did not do good last week and I gained 2lbs sooooo i need to get better habits lol.

On that note if anyone else is bored eater and just uses food to fill your time let me know what tips you have done to help curb that habit. Look forward to hearing suggestions. Also if anyone wants to post what your daily food intake looks like that would be helpful.... not sure if i'm eating to much some days i feel like i could eat a house other days i can only eat an egg....

On 7/22/2018 at 9:16 AM, gully90 said:

Let’s see some miniature progress pics from all my fellow June Sleevers! 😊

I’m 6 weeks out and 31 lbs down!! HW: 199...SW: 192...CW 168!!!!

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

Woo Woo Gully90!!! Your post gives me motivation to get it! You're progress is awesome! have you started working out yet or are you just sticking to the good eating habits? I was sleeved a week or so after you i'm over here trying to get on your level!

1 hour ago, Lala70 said:

Had almost 2 week stall. Lost 22lbs since 6/21 surgery. I started to make sure i was getting 60 protien, under 30 carbs and trying more Water but the water part is hard. Started losing again with more protien less carbs.

Edited by Gypsyvangirl