Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

I'm Similar

Surgery 6/21

5'7

Sw 216

Current 196

Goal 150s

Haven't lost any weight in past week....

I've been on solids since week 2.

Hello Sleevers,

Update
Surgery date June 14th

HW 271
SW 264
CW 233.5
GW 165

Only eating Protein like eggs, Greek and shrimp.

I’m absolutely over and can’t stand premier shakes. 🤢

Hi fellow sleevers,

My surgery was 6/21. Sw was 253, cw 233. I haven't loss any weight in the last 2 weeks just fluctuating between 230 and 233. I got really sick with some big my 2nd week, nothing would stay down or in lol, was running a fever 102+. Much better now. I just hit solid foods but can only hold 3.5 oz. At a time any more and my stomach feel horrible. Yogurt has been a good friend to me.

6 minutes ago, blacklioness72 said:

Hi fellow sleevers,

My surgery was 6/21. Sw was 253, cw 233. I haven't loss any weight in the last 2 weeks just fluctuating between 230 and 233. I got really sick with some big my 2nd week, nothing would stay down or in lol, was running a fever 102+. Much better now. I just hit solid foods but can only hold 3.5 oz. At a time any more and my stomach feel horrible. Yogurt has been a good friend to me.

Hey twinsie, 6/21 too. I’ve also lost 20 lbs and been mostly stalled last two weeks. Dealing with Constipation right now (only issue at all so far, knock on wood). Taken Miralax last 3 days, gonna try Duralax stool softener tonight. If no luck by morning I have my 4 week followup at 9:15 tomorrow. Than we hit the road for 6 day scenic trip to our new home in Alabama. No pain or cramps so far but really hoping for some major #2 before hitting the open road 🙄

HW 304

SW 276

CW 256

GW150

13 minutes ago, Crash004 said:

Hey twinsie, 6/21 too. I’ve also lost 20 lbs and been mostly stalled last two weeks. Dealing with Constipation right now (only issue at all so far, knock on wood). Taken Miralax last 3 days, gonna try Duralax stool softener tonight. If no luck by morning I have my 4 week followup at 9:15 tomorrow. Than we hit the road for 6 day scenic trip to our new home in Alabama. No pain or cramps so far but really hoping for some major #2 before hitting the open road 🙄

HW 304

SW 276

CW 256

GW150

Let me know if you guys (crash and blacklioness) break your stall. All 3 of us down 20lbs with nothing last 2 weeks and all 3 surgery on 6/21

On 07/17/2018 at 16:00, MrsLingo said:

Hello Sleevers,

Update

Surgery date June 14th

HW 271

SW 264

CW 233.5

GW 165

Only eating Protein like eggs, Greek and shrimp.

I’m absolutely over and can’t stand premier shakes. 🤢

Isopure unflavored Protein Powder, you can make you own smoothies. You can get from Amazon. I mix this stuff with everything.

Hey MissB_fit_2018!

June 5th Sleever

Ht 5’3”

Surgery Wt 253

CW 225

Goal 155

I started back on “real food” Sunday 7/15 & to be honest, I’m scared to death! The first weeks after surgery I was dropping pounds every day! Now it’s like tenths of a pound. I even joined weight watchers to be held accountable and I only lost 2 lbs the first week. The thing is, I had absolutely no desire for any sweets or even carbs after surgery & now it’s all coming back! I was eating so simply & consciously post surgery - like just a container of yogurt or a Protein Shake would fill me right up! Now I feel like I should be making “meals” again & im so scared I’m going to go back to my old habits! I am still so excited about my progress - I feel great & my clothes are falling off of me! But I’m more afraid I’m going to blow it! Arghhhh ! I needed brain surgery instead of stomach I think!!😜😳

Blacklioness-You have to try Magnesium Citrate for constipation! Not just regular Magnesium. It’s a pill - dietary supplement- the same thing that’s in milk of magnesia & it has worked wonders for me!

1 hour ago, Pete_A said:

Isopure unflavored Protein Powder, you can make you own smoothies. You can get from Amazon. I mix this stuff with everything.

Thank you 🙏

13 minutes ago, churchgirl said:

Hey MissB_fit_2018!

June 5th Sleever

Ht 5’3”

Surgery Wt 253

CW 225

Goal 155

I started back on “real food” Sunday 7/15 & to be honest, I’m scared to death! The first weeks after surgery I was dropping pounds every day! Now it’s like tenths of a pound. I even joined weight watchers to be held accountable and I only lost 2 lbs the first week. The thing is, I had absolutely no desire for any sweets or even carbs after surgery & now it’s all coming back! I was eating so simply & consciously post surgery - like just a container of yogurt or a Protein Shake would fill me right up! Now I feel like I should be making “meals” again & im so scared I’m going to go back to my old habits! I am still so excited about my progress - I feel great & my clothes are falling off of me! But I’m more afraid I’m going to blow it! Arghhhh ! I needed brain surgery instead of stomach I think!!😜😳

I agree, started real food 1 week out per dr. Definitely mind game.

I was sleeved on 6/12 and I feel much better about the whole thing. I was sleeved because of an ulcer, so I got the rules after my emergency surgery. Now I'm eating about 1/2 a cup for meals (a little more if I streach the time out) and getting in my Protein. I'm not concerned about weight loss (well, it's a nice benefit, but I was perfectly healthy before surgery (except an ulcer, apparently) so I am trying new things, like watered down Gatorade. Everything agrees with me except vitamins! Can't keep them down. I do notice if I wait too long before eating I get very lightheaded.

SW 199

CW 178

Ht 5'5

GW ?

Favorite meal: tuna, shredded cheese, spices and an egg mixed up and cooked like patty. Tons of protein!

5'2"

HW 266

SW 199

CW 178

GW 135

Calorie limit of 800 cals until Sept. Can eat way more volume than I expected.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:27 PM, churchgirl said:

Hey MissB_fit_2018!

June 5th Sleever

Ht 5’3”

Surgery Wt 253

CW 225

Goal 155

Everything you said! Completely relate. But I'm following more the slimfast (not intentional) way of eating. shake for Breakfast, lunch and sensible dinner.... then comes midnight I'm starving and just dont care 4th meal.

Hey guys! I’m also on a weight loss stale, which I’m partially okay with. I’ve lost 17 lbs, since June 28th.

I’m starting my purée diet tomorrow which is a relief. I’m tired of Jello, popsicles, and broth.

I’m struggling because sorry if it’s TMI but I’m on my period for the second time this month! And goodness, this flow is heavy!!! I even got a yeast infection after taking antibiotics! Something I’ve never experienced. I’m also constipated. It’s a lot to go through for a person in one month.

Like I said, sorry for TMI but just checking in and hoping I’m not the only one going through this.