Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

On 7/5/2018 at 1:10 AM, Fallinfast said:

I ate way more than I thought was possible. Maybe it was that it took me over an hour but I ate over a cup and a half of food.

I discovered the same thing about 2 weeks ago (sleeved 6.5.18) and it really scared me. Then someone from this forum explained to me that there is a catch to this surgery and the reason it is not as easy as everyone thinks! The catch is that, as you learn to eat more slowly and consciously, you leave enough time to make more room in your stomach. So, if you are a grazer like I have always been, you will be able to eat more if you don't get away from food and find something else to do right away! I discovered that this surgery was a tool for me to lose some weight pretty quickly (down 27 lbs since 6/5) but I am forever going to have to be careful, journal what I eat, make Protein a priority, and exercise. This is not a magic cure but I have also experienced more than once what happens when I don't eat slowly, drink while eating, and graze - not fun! Hoping that knowledge will help me be a success at this!

I've lost 8 pounds sleeved on 6/20

Don't feel comfortable sharing stats Sry (I was sleeved at a lower weight than most) but I'm 5"4 and have been eating around 700 calories.

@churchgirl You have the mindset and your new "tool" , make it a habit and your new way of eating and you will be fine. I had my initial VSG 10/2012 and years out. I too was a grazer. I say "was" because I am less than 2 weeks away from my revision and I'm not looking back. Something that was written in my hospital program and holds testament, "eat to live, don't live to eat". I just need to convince my brain to get happy neurons somewhere else-_-

Edited by Jodi1980
mispelling

On 7/7/2018 at 10:36 PM, Sparkle&Storm said:

Thank you!! It's been awful, so this was a win for me! I was sleeved 6/13

Mine was 6/13 as well

12 hours ago, Jodi1980 said:

@churchgirl You have the mindset and your new "tool" , make it a habit and your new way of eating and you will be fine. I had my initial VSG 10/2012 and years out. I too was a grazer. I say "was" because I am less than 2 weeks away from my revision and I'm not looking back. Something that was written in my hospital program and holds testament, "eat to live, don't live to eat". I just need to convince my brain to get happy neurons somewhere else-_-

I haven't really been able to eat anything of substance until this week and I blew it big time. Not on calories >650 but I ate the wrong stuff and can't help myself. I'm fine until bedtime and the willpower is gone.

@Jodi1980 - Sorry I'm so confused... Can you clarify - you had initial VSG 2012 and "less than 2 weeks away from my revision and I'm not looking back." What does this mean? Did you re-gain all the weight you lost?

31 minutes ago, Smylegirl said:

@Jodi1980 - Sorry I'm so confused... Can you clarify - you had initial VSG 2012 and "less than 2 weeks away from my revision and I'm not looking back." What does this mean? Did you re-gain all the weight you lost?

About 70 lbs of the 97 I had initially lost. :44_frowning2:

On 7/1/2018 at 4:32 PM, Sparkle&Storm said:

How long did it take everyone for the super tight inner stitch to finally dissolve or pop?! My doc said it could happen anytime, but I'm miserable!!! I just want it to happen so bad so I can get some relief!! I'm so over being in pain! And I want to sleep on my side again dang it. Right now, it is way too painful.

To answer my own question... About a month! Hallelujah!!!! It dissolved/popped about 3 days ago and my pain instantly went away, and my stomach flattened back out. No more deep, indent and painful bulge. Now if I can get rid of the swallowing problems, I'll be golden. Headed back to work on Monday... 😜

I had my VSG on Wednesday 6/20/2018. Is anybody else post op posting?

QUESTION: Did anybody's Surgeon put a STITCH on the inside STOMACH? I am on day 24 and that interior stitch hurts.

4 hours ago, somegirlsrbiggerthanother said:

QUESTION: Did anybody's Surgeon put a STITCH on the inside STOMACH? I am on day 24 and that interior stitch hurts.

Well don’t they need to to close stomach

I don’t know

describe the pain

5 hours ago, somegirlsrbiggerthanother said:

I had my VSG on Wednesday 6/20/2018. Is anybody else post op posting?

June 1 here

how are u doing

Hi all. Sleeved 6/6. Going well so far.

8 hours ago, somegirlsrbiggerthanother said:

Yes, hun! The worst pain ever! My doc said it could take up to 8 weeks to disintegrate or "pop" and mine did almost exactly 4 weeks out. I just posted about it a couple posts up because it was the best day ever when that pain finally vanished! 😁 Hang in there!!

Mine stitch still here, day 37. Doesn’t bother me anymore, I am afraid I will missed when it decides to leave me. 🙃