Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

10 minutes ago, pacheka said:

Me too! Down 22lbs. How are u feeling. What are u eating at this point?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yogurt, clear broth, baby food like pureed fruit.

Tomorrow day 8, i can start eggs, fish, cheese, etx. Excited for tomorrow!!!

22!!thats a lot in 7 days, thats Awesome!

What are you eating.

Egg drop Soup a few times

Yogurt, clear broth, baby food like pureed fruit.
Tomorrow day 8, i can start eggs, fish, cheese, etx. Excited for tomorrow!!!
22!!thats a lot in 7 days, thats Awesome!
What are you eating.

I'm counting since my 2 week prep diet. Only 10 since surgery. Wow I can only have Clear Liquids and cream Soups until 1 more week.

So interested in what people are eating! I’m day 8 as well!

1 minute ago, pacheka said:

I'm counting since my 2 week prep diet. Only 10 since surgery. Wow I can only have Clear Liquids and cream Soups until 1 more week.

Yeah, my Dr. Is aggressive at starting new foods it seems compared to others, but hes been doing it 27 years and trained almost everyone. I didn't even do a preop diet, he told me it doesn't really shrink the liver like they thought.

I think preop is smart though, prepares you for reality. I went from eating steak the night before to only drinking Water, lol...

I live in Dallas.

Height 5.7

SW: 216

Now: 201

I’m down about 15 in two week pre op and one week post diet

Hey June Sleevers! I’m a little scared! I’m 3 week’s post op, lost 22 lbs but I’ve stopped loosing in the last four days. I’m still on soft foods - yogurt, Protein Shakes, tuna, applesauce, getting my Protein in okay & eating less than 1000 calories a day! I started out so great! Now I’m afraid I’m going to mess this up! Help’

Hey June Sleevers! I’m a little scared! I’m 3 week’s post op, lost 22 lbs but I’ve stopped loosing in the last four days. I’m still on soft foods - yogurt, Protein Shakes, tuna, applesauce, getting my Protein in okay & eating less than 1000 calories a day! I started out so great! Now I’m afraid I’m going to mess this up! Help’

Girl your doing everything right! It's just your body adjusting. It will start to come off again dont worry.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:08 AM, stephh6789 said:

hi everyone I'm new to the site. I had my gastric sleeve 6/12 still on liquids due to dehydration. I've gone from 222 (day of surgery) to now weighing in at 201. I'm very happy with the weight loss but it has been hell. I cant seem to drink enough Water, my urine is very dark so my surgeon is worried and that's why he kept me on liquids one more week. I haven't been drinking Vitamins as they are not needed yet. I cant drink the Premier Protein it doesn't sit well and it doesn't taste well. they told me about Isopure , I still haven't looked into that. I'm really going through and even regretting my surgery :( . some advice would be appreciated !

Hey, lady! Sounds like we have had a similar experience so far! I was sleeved 6/13. I am struggling to get in my fluids, too. I haven't really been tracking my Protein since my surgeon is more worried that I stay hydrated. I had a bit of a complication in that they tightened things too much at the top, so everything gets stuck going down and swallowing is painful. I have to go in 07/19 to have that opening dilated. For now, I'm getting IV fluids on Monday's and Friday's. I was super discouraged since I'm still in lots of pain, still on dilaudid, not getting Fluid or protein in, have to get IV fluids....... while other people are like "I'm 5 minutes post op, in ZERO pain, and just participated in my very first marathon!!" 😂 You know what?!? It is what it is! 🙃 Everyone's journey pre-op was different... So it makes sense that our journeys post-op would be different, too!

Either buy the Isopure, or get yourself some unflavored Protein Powder on Amazon... and shake it up in some diet ocean spray. I just started that yesterday, but I think it's going to help a ton! I'm really sensitive to all the over-sweet Protein Shakes. They are hard to choke down. I do have a favorite tho... IdealShape Mocha! It tastes great! 11g protein and only 1g sugar 😊

As far as regret, don't regret it, hun! Look at you! Down 21 lbs in only 17 days! You are almost in Onederland! 💃 That's incredible and the reason you did this, right?! Whenever I get discouraged (which is kind of often right now) I try to remember that! I'm down 17 lbs in 16 days! 234 on surgery day and 217 today! A pound a day?! What! That is so exciting!

We've got this! It's just a rocky start... But we will get into a groove and be ok soon. Message me anytime! 😘

June 1 here!!

Was sleeved on 6/18/18 down a total of 34 lbs since surgery. Overall down 61 lbs since I began the process back in April.

The scale started moving again! I have lost 1 pound each of the last two days! Whew! I’m down 14lbs since surgery on 6/6 and down a total of 27 pounds since preop diet. I’m about 3.5 weeks post op. I still have a tough time tolerating a scrambled egg, but egg whites are no problem. I’m still on mushy food. I had a Trader Joe’s meatless meatball (mashable with fork) with nf ricotta and a Tbs of sauce last night for dinner and it felt like a normal meal. I went back to work this last Thursday and I was so busy that I forgot to eat .... until I got dizzy and was like, “oh yes, I need to eat.” This is a huge difference from preop days. My life and days were planned around meals. I ❤️ My sleeve!