Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

Surgery is a week from today. Getting really nervous!

My surgery is on Monday June 25 and I honestly feel like backing out. Is this a normal feeling? I have my high and low moments and I’m afraid I might be making the worst decision of my life. I have been on a liquid diet for 8 days. I’m not sure if that’s starting to cloud my judgement, but I feel so conflicted at this moment.
Don't give up, your so close. Mines wens. I'm super grumpy, with no food. Lol. Finish line is almost there.

Sent from my Z982 using BariatricPal mobile app

@idongo you got this!! I had the same feeling put I turned to this support group, YouTube and Instagram success stories and I knew it was my turn to live a healthy lifestyle. It’s more than losing weight it’s about saving your life. My primary care doctor advised me that my weight was going to be the death of me and that frightened hell out of me.

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. My surgery went off without a hitch at 1:30 on the 21st. I feel pretty good, no real gas pains. Dr. Corvala is wonderful, his whole team has been extremely supportive.

20180621_100447.jpg

On 06/22/2018 at 08:35, blacklioness72 said:

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. My surgery went off without a hitch at 1:30 on the 21st. I feel pretty good, no real gas pains. Dr. Corvala is wonderful, his whole team has been extremely supportive.

20180621_100447.jpg

Welcome to the other side lol

3 hours ago, gully90 said:
3 hours ago, blacklioness72 said:

Hi everyone,

20180621_100447.jpg

Welcome to the other side lol

Hey twinsy, how you doing day 2? I’m very sore abdominally and fair amount of gas still but anxious to head home. Drinking Water slow but sure.

I emailed my NUT to see if I need to try to get some more calories. I definitely cannot do more than 1/4 cup of mushy food. I have tried to do a bit more a few times and was miserable. Let me know if your NUT changes anything for you. Wondering if I should be trying for a few more calories per day. I have lost about 11 pounds since surgery day and currently weigh 230.
I had my meeting with my nutritionnist this morning. She said 800 cals is fine, not too much, that it could be lower but not really to change anything major. The most important thing is to not eat food that is not nutritive or that we don't need.

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

4 minutes ago, charlotte0606 said:

I had my meeting with my nutritionnist this morning. She said 800 cals is fine, not too much, that it could be lower but not really to change anything major. The most important thing is to not eat food that is not nutritive or that we don't need.

I was able to get in touch with my NUT too. She said I’m right on track with calories. She said same about eating nutritional food. The goal is to get between 60-80g of Protein per day and my calories are fine for now. Though I must say I was closer to 600 calories yesterday and felt a little more energetic. I think I will shoot for 600 calories the next few days and see how that goes.

15 hours ago, elmatador said:

I was 6/1, at 500-600 calories per day, about 70g Protein, 48-72oz Water

I’m same with calories. I’m between 60-70g of Protein the last few days. Water I have increased to about 72oz.

Hi guys I was sleeved on 6/21. 1st two days were horrible. I coukdn even keep a sip of Water down. Had to go back to dr office for iv fluids. Feeling alot better today and im able to keep down sips of water. Going to try and get some Protein in today with the Isopure just hate the after tast!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

16 minutes ago, pacheka said:

Hi guys I was sleeved on 6/21. 1st two days were horrible. I coukdn even keep a sip of Water down. Had to go back to dr office for iv fluids. Feeling alot better today and im able to keep down sips of Water. Going to try and get some Protein in today with the Isopure just hate the after tast!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Raspberry was the only one I could drink...

i was 6/21 too and 2nd day was the worst. sleeping weird too, talking while im asleep and trying to reach for things while im asleep, very strange. Feel a little better today though..

5'7 and 215 lbs

My surgery was yesterday. I’ve had horrific pain, but they also made a 4 inch mid abdominal incision to fix a large hernia. They don’t like to use opioids where I am 😩 they finally added something stronger than toradol today! It helped alit. But before that did think I was going to get through. Only sips of ice/water so far and it hurts. Some of you are doing so great. It gives me hope!