Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

10 hours ago, Skinnygirl04 said:

Anyone have sleeve and hernia repair together??

I had both done together, added a little more time to the procedure, but I was up walking the morning after. My hernia wasn’t sizeable, dr said it was small. I don’t know if size matters.

Yes I did. The first day I had gas pains in my diaphragm and was hard to breathe in deep but went away after first day

I just had my sleeve done on June 5th! I couldn’t be more excited for what is to come. My only concern is keeping track of Protein and Water and getting enough of each! I really have zero desire to eat, but other than that the pain is tolerable and I am getting better every day!

My surgery is at 11:45 tomorrow. As long as my surgeon doesn’t cancel it. As of my pre-op appointment last Monday I had lost zero pounds on the first week of pre-op diet. Same on Friday so my nutritionist advised I cut carbs and add Fiber. I get 3shakes, 1 Lean Cuisine and a cup of veggies. I did and this morning I was down two pounds. Probably will be OK but I’m a champion worrier.

Trying to stay busy cleaning and prepping ice pops and Jello to quell the anxiety.

Good luck to all the 6/11’s tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Skinnygirl04 said:

Anyone have sleeve and hernia repair together??

I did. They weren’t aware of the hernia until they got in, and that’s where the majority of my pain has come from. It was difficult to breathe at first, but day 3 post- op and everything is starting to feel better.

After reading all the early June post op sleevers it’s making me more excited for June 14th

Please help with these gas pains. Gas x not working

Gay Man here ready to have sleeve on June 27th, 2018, nervous as to how I will feel after but ready for this change! I quit soda, on Water, eating more vegetables and reducing carbs. Protein is the goal! Anyone had the surgery done and can tell me how they felt interacting in the gay community afterward!

Wow @ttuckrn great job. I had surgery June 6 but was so full of gas I left the OR heavier than when I went in! Yesterday i was back to my sleeve weight. Any pointers?

I’m June 22nd!!

7 hours ago, MzFocus said:

Please help with these gas pains. Gas x not working

Try walking more, deep breathing, and if you’re up to it maybe dance in your lounge room. Movement help.

sitting up with good posture may help too.

Heating pad! I was having a heck of a time with gas pains while in the hospital (thought for sure I was having a heart attack). The nurse came in and cut my pain med dose in half (WTH???) and gave me two warm blankets. I decided then and there I didn’t like this nurse, until the warm blankets all but wiped out my gas pain. So heating blankets, sit up straight and lots of deep breathing. I’m on day 6 and they are gone and have been for a couple days.

I had my sleeve done on June 4th! The first few days suck, but it gets easier and you’ll start feeling better by day four. Good luck