Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

Today is the day, folks!!! I wish my Surgery Twins & everyone else the best of luck. I am incredibly nervous (even a bit scared) about everything from pain management to failure all the changes that await me. My thoughts and head are everywhere! May the 4th be with you, all! ❤️

Pearldrop, DearDraya and Mia. what a day for you all. Today is Your REBIRTHDAY, the literal start of the rest of your life. Gosh I am so jealous, envious, whatever word you want to use --I have the reassurance from my own Bariatric Center that my own day will come, should be no more than a month or so, but I do yearn to be where you all are today. Every bit of discomfort, say to yourself " it's okay because Frustr8 wants this too" Even if I regress temporarily to a walker, walk bent over, clutching. my Bariatric Stuffed Bear to my wounded tummy, I still want it. Set me a good example my ladies, that will assure me I can do this too. I already can talk the talk, show me by example how to walk the walk! Loving you all and sending my very best wishes. Your future veteran friend Frustr8😛

It’s here!!! June 4!!!! I’m at the hospital now and waiting to check in. Best wishes and good luck surgery twins!!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

5 hours ago, Pearldrop said:

I’m on the other side!! Surgery went well. I’m feeling no nausea so that’s a huge plus. I’m still on pain meds so it’s all hugs & puppies for now.

im allowed to have ice chips so that’s helping with the thirst. So far so good

how are the other 4 June peeps feeling?

I didnt have nausea or pain on the first or second day but today is the 3rd day and after a few sips of water... I had to throw up. :unsure:

But they just gave me more anti-nausea meds and I feel better. The key is to drink SLOW!

My date is the 21st of june i did not get much warrning.

I got a call on the 1st letting me know the date and i have my pre op apptments on the 6th and i will then start my pre op shakes on the 7th for the 2 weeks before my date.

All i have done since i got the call is search/read and watch youtube videos..

Am scared as well as excited for my journey to start.

OMG Laughing Bird, I didn't mean to leave you out of the 4th June group, you also are important. May your day, your surgery and your future recovery all go smoothly. Relax and face everything with joy in your ❤!

10 minutes ago, Lawnseed said:

I got a call on the 1st letting me know the date and i have my pre op apptments on the 6th and i will then start my pre op shakes on the 7th for the 2 weeks before my date.

Im the 21st as well, good luck to you. I have been doing the same thing since day one. I am even more nervous now since i have been told because i am doing it out of the country i may not get the post -op care from the VA unless something goes wrong. Not deterring me though, its time to make this happen.

Good luck and congrats to the June 4 peeps! Two more sleeps for me. Let us know how you all are doing!

31 minutes ago, Lawnseed said:

Welcome to the group. I’m also scheduled for the 21st, though still awaiting insurance approval hopefully this week. I have to start my 10 day presurgery diet in the middle of a 10 day vacation 🙄 crossing fingers I come back at least at same weight if not lower or my surgeon could cancel on me last minute :( then we move cross country 4 weeks after surgery. Needless to say, very nervous all around, but just constantly reading everything I can find online and stocking up on necessities ahead of time. We’ll get through this and be soooo much happier and healthier in the long run!!

@Frustr8 your words made me choke up a bit. What a great post to read as I drive in to my surgery, running “late” because the hospital called me at 8:15 to tell me to come in at 10-10:30 instead of 11:45. I live 1.75 hours away. Ahhhh!!!

Sounds like me, I live 48 m8les from Columbus, where my surgery will take place. This means approximately one hour unless I can travel the Interstate. This is not easy. Due to a snit fit,by the Democratic governor in office office at the time of its building, and to,punish my county, Knox, for being perpetually Republican I71 does not go through here. It comes as close as 6 miles away but there is no,interchange there. We have to drive 15 miles to the west into Morrow County or 23 miles into Delaware County to access the flippin' thing. Otherwise we drive the state and county roads sharing,our space with tractor-trailers, farm wagons loaded with Hay and all yippety Yahoo's anyone could wake for. This is the price one,pays for living in a picturesque scenic backwater. We don't have much crime out here because what criminal worth his salt would want to be here. Our last homegrown criminal, his nickname in my area, the Keebler Elf. He killed some people nearby and stuffed their bodies in a hollow tree. See, we don't even have normal criminals.
You may be talking to the only sane one in the bunch, of course I wasn't born here but in another nearby city, this could make me closer to normal. To quote Benjamin Franklin's ending to his own letter.
I remain your obedient servant
Frustr8.😛

Congratulations to all having surgery today ... wishing you peace& a quick recovery. Anyone tomorrow? June 5th ??? I am scheduled at 12:00 West Penn Pittsburgh tomorrow.... the nerves are kicking in- wander how you all coped :)

Hello all. I’m June 13th, rescheduled from May 30th. So this is week 3 of pre-op diet with 1 day break in between and it’s sucks so bad!!!

Good luck to everyone sleeving today!!

I am scheduled for June 15th and I am super excited. Pre-Op diet sucks thus far, but I am trying my best to stick to it.