Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

Today is Day 5 on real pre op diet, has been a difficult day. Today is my day off, and I felt tiredness and hunger for the first time after starting the diet. Can’t wait to get back to work and keep my mind occupied.

I’m going to Mexico, Dr. Reyes, June 22

"Let's get excited"? Sorry, that's just not me. I'm quite serene. I'm the calm in the eye of the storm. My wife is more worked up about this than I am. I didn't even sweat when I started teaching my daughter how to drive a few weeks ago.

I saw the surgical coordinator today and we confirmed my June 5th date and arrival time. He told me that despite the paperwork I'd been given by the hospital's nutritionist, my doctor only requires a day and a half of liquid diet before the surgery, so I'll get to have a Sunday brunch as my food funeral. No alcohol though He hold me I can have a drink tonight if I want, but that's it.

He made it clear that the doctor expects my post-op regimen to be two weeks of liquids, two weeks of puree and two weeks of soft foods. I'm prepared for that, I guess.

As for Vitamins, he gave me a few samples of Bariatric Fusion Pink Lemonade Stick Packs, then I ordered a box of 60 from Amazon when I got home. I'll also have to grind up my regular pills (Lipitor, etc.) and add the powder to that as well. If the taste is horrible I'll add half a stick of Wyler's Lemonade singles to Go.

I also learned that my doctor recommends being off work for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. I'm glad I've got a very good disability policy through my company.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, NativeTexan said:

June 4th , 2018 I am getting sleeved in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Ponce! I hope I can eventually stop most of my prescription drugs which have side effects.

Hey so great to find someone who is being sleeved by the same doc!! My date is June 28. I would love to keep in touch with you and ask you about your experience. May I PM you please? I’ve read very good reviews about him and just like most I am excited and nervous at the same time. Are you traveling alone? Please keep us updated. Best of luck to you. I will say a prayer for you.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, Pearldrop said:

I’m scheduled for 4th June and can’t wait! I am not sharing with friends or family that I’m having the procedure. My husband knows and that’s about it. I’ve had a few procedures over the last year, so am hoping people will assume the weight loss is part of all the changes I’ve been making for better health. I have quit smoking and have been opting out of morning tea cake by using the non smoking as the reason. You know, don’t want to swap cigarettes for cake/cookies. I’ve also bought some larger size clothes to get people use to seeing me in baggy clothes. By the time I’m back to my ideal body shape, no one will really notice it was quick

I’m also going to be a secret sleever with the exception of my husband knowing. I agree 100% with your decision to keep it quiet. We’ll be under enough stress without dealing with negativity.

The idea of the baggy clothes is genius. I’m going to start that myself although I don’t anticipate a dramatic weight loss at all. I’m starting at a BMI of 33-34 (being sleeved in Mexico) so I am prepared for a slow weight loss. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Edited by newlifeat41

June 18th for me! Just got approved but I've been scheduled for months. It's starting to feel real guys!

8 hours ago, Pete_A said:

Today is Day 5 on real pre op diet, has been a difficult day. Today is my day off, and I felt tiredness and hunger for the first time after starting the diet. Can’t wait to get back to work and keep my mind occupied.

It’s been tough for me too. I’ve been trying to drink as much Water and taking in as much Protein as I can. Almost there, one week to go

Ditto. It’s been tough. I’ve cheated a couple times so far on my pre-op diet by having a hard boiled egg every day How bad can that be?! Low calorie, Protein, no sugar. I’m drinking the protein drinks too but the extra egg has helped. I hope the Bariatric police don’t bust me. 9 days to go. Trying to stay the course.

On 05/26/2018 at 12:31, Hope2018 said:

Ditto. It’s been tough. I’ve cheated a couple times so far on my pre-op diet by having a hard boiled egg every day How bad can that be?! Low calorie, Protein, no sugar. I’m drinking the Protein Drinks too but the extra egg has helped. I hope the Bariatric police don’t bust me. 9 days to go. Trying to stay the course.

The bariatric police 😂

Ditto. It’s been tough. I’ve cheated a couple times so far on my pre-op diet by having a hard boiled egg every day How bad can that be?! Low calorie, Protein, no sugar. I’m drinking the Protein Drinks too but the extra egg has helped. I hope the Bariatric police don’t bust me. 9 days to go. Trying to stay the course.

This made me chuckle too

You'll be fine. Looking at all the differences between programs is relieving, I think. I ate one slice of ham on day 2. I am trying to avoid it now, more so that I can feel confident going into that OR. I am on day 5, 9 more to go ! Let's make it one day (or hour!) at the time :)

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

And every day in every way My Surgery grows closer and closer👍😜😷

Who has started their pre-op/liquid diet ? How is it going ? How are you holding up ?

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

I started my liquid diet on May 24th. It's going okay except that I am really tired. May 25th was my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and testing at the hospital. I got home about 11:30 and took a two-hour nap. Today is Saturday and even after a good night sleep, I took another nap today. Just not a lot of energy. Hope your day goes well

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app