Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

tHey fellow weight loss peeps, thought I'd come visit for a minute, nothing shaking over on the RnY side where I belong. Just watching the prelims for the Megan-Price Harry wedding. Got a question for all of you. Now that,you are in the final days of presurgery, do you find yourself looking at people in the crowd around you? I do and say to myself "hmm I wonder if they know about bariatric? " mind you I haven't said anything out loud because I might have resented someone getting in my face and preaching about it, now looking back I wish someone who lived me had and saved me the rapid arthritic breakdown and sorrow. My own family rationalized I was a lost cause, so just let her die 5he way she is. But them maybe my mindset was different than 5he woman or man on the street. Let me know what you all think![emoji11]

Well, I was a bit anxious about my EKG. Then the overweight tech decided to give me a lecture on why she tells all of my surgeons patients how weight loss surgery isn’t the answer because it is going to cause a lifestyle changes. I just smiled and said you are mighty right. I didn’t really notice her weight until she decided to give me her medical advice. She wasn’t wrong about the lifestyle change...

I guess my heart is okay because they didn’t keep me there.

12 minutes ago, okayestmom said:

Well, I was a bit anxious about my EKG. Then the overweight tech decided to give me a lecture on why she tells all of my surgeons patients how weight loss surgery isn’t the answer because it is going to cause a lifestyle changes. I just smiled and said you are mighty right. I didn’t really notice her weight until she decided to give me her medical advice. She wasn’t wrong about the lifestyle change...

I guess my heart is okay because they didn’t keep me there.

I'm surprised you didn't go all out with a "Bless your heart!"

IM June 22 in Tiajuana! 5’2” 223. Nervous as heck!

I’m scheduled for 4th June and can’t wait! I am not sharing with friends or family that I’m having the procedure. My husband knows and that’s about it. I’ve had a few procedures over the last year, so am hoping people will assume the weight loss is part of all the changes I’ve been making for better health. I have quit smoking and have been opting out of morning tea cake by using the non smoking as the reason. You know, don’t want to swap cigarettes for cake/cookies. I’ve also bought some larger size clothes to get people use to seeing me in baggy clothes. By the time I’m back to my ideal body shape, no one will really notice it was quick

Me too...June 4th. I’ll be thinking about you!

June 4th , 2018 I am getting sleeved in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Ponce! I hope I can eventually stop most of my prescription drugs which have side effects.

I’m June 4th, too!!

12 hours ago, deardraya said:

Me too...June 4th. I’ll be thinking about you!

Thanks I’ll be thinking of you too! I’m sure both of our surgeries will go smoothly 😊

On 5/9/2018 at 11:30 AM, NativeTexan said:

June 4th , 2018 I am getting sleeved in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Ponce! I hope I can eventually stop most of my prescription drugs which have side effects.

I too am June 4th. There seems to be a few of us on the thread. No pre-op liquid diet, she just said to keep doing what I’m doing, (I’ve been steadily losing), and don’t gain any weight. I’m 5’3, 230, BMI 40.7. I’m doing very low carb, so my liver is probably pretty shrunken by now. However, I will probably do liquids my last week.

Good luck to all the June sleevers.

Edited by teddynola
Error

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, Beebee8 said:

Hello everyone! I am being sleeved on June 4th too. Nervous, apprehensive but mainly excited! My LRD starts next Monday but I seem to be eating everything in sight at the moment :-o
Happy that we can all support each other through this process!

I'm getting sleeved on June 4 as well! Lots of us summer sleevers! I, too, am eating all the foods. It's super ridiculous. I start my 2 week pre-op diet on Monday 5/21. This will be my second time. I was supposed to be sleeved on May 11 and my back went out 3 days before and I couldn't walk! So they rescheduled me. Blah! I feel like I am better prepared for the pre-op diet this time, though. I know my skin will dry out and my breath is gonna get stinky. The hunger headaches will be a real thing but, I am so ready for this surgery! It took me 15 years to make this decision and as odd as it sounds, I can't wait to have surgery! lol :-)

Boy there is a lot of 4th June surgeries here as well,as over on the bypass forum. Beginning,to think it's National Do A Patient Day. Best wishes to all the June 4 people everywhere😝

Starting Optifast Monday. During the day it will be ok cause I’ll be distracted by work. I’m a little worried about the weekends though. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks deardraya there will be a few of us going in on the same day.

I think you’re right! June 4 = National VGS day! Best of luck to everyone!

Today I start my two week pre-op diet. I have been worried about being able to be strong for the next two weeks but I saw someone on here posted “My attitude has shifted from “I can’t have that” to “I don’t want that.” Reading that inspired me so much & I think I’m going to be okay. Good luck to all of my fellow Surgery Day Twins & to everyone else on this life changing journey. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. ❤️

I would say a month, I don't know if that's something doctors test for, caffeine is a stimulant and I'm sure they want your nerves smooth and calm. Plus there can be withdrawal symptoms, do you want a headache on top of all the other things? coffee can do a number on your stomach lining, maybe they'll want to know,why your stomach lining looks red and irritated , is it just coffee usage or is there something else going on?These are just a few things that come to my mind.😛