Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

I’m scheduled for 4th June and can’t wait! I am not sharing with friends or family that I’m having the procedure. My husband knows and that’s about it. I’ve had a few procedures over the last year, so am hoping people will assume the weight loss is part of all the changes I’ve been making for better health. I have quit smoking and have been opting out of morning tea cake by using the non smoking as the reason. You know, don’t want to swap cigarettes for cake/cookies. I’ve also bought some larger size clothes to get people use to seeing me in baggy clothes. By the time I’m back to my ideal body shape, no one will really notice it was quick

2 hours ago, Pearldrop said:

I’m scheduled for 4th June and can’t wait! I am not sharing with friends or family that I’m having the procedure. My husband knows and that’s about it. I’ve had a few procedures over the last year, so am hoping people will assume the weight loss is part of all the changes I’ve been making for better health. I have quit smoking and have been opting out of morning tea cake by using the non smoking as the reason. You know, don’t want to swap cigarettes for cake/cookies. I’ve also bought some larger size clothes to get people use to seeing me in baggy clothes. By the time I’m back to my ideal body shape, no one will really notice it was quick

I’m not telling others either! Only 3 people know. My husband, friend whose mom had it and my best friends mom who is my vault lol!! It’s better the less people know.

I’m not telling others either! Only 3 people know. My husband, friend whose mom had it and my best friends mom who is my vault lol!! It’s better the less people know.

Same here. My husband and three close friends that experienced it or their family member had the procedure. Not sure how to handle explaining the weight loss after surgery but I’ll jump that bridge when I get there.

8 minutes ago, MrsLingo said:

Same here. My husband and three close friends that experienced it or their family member had the procedure. Not sure how to handle explaining the weight loss after surgery but I’ll jump that bridge when I get there.

Haha same here! I’ll just say I cut down my portions! Which isn’t a lie lol I just won’t say it’s forced!!

Not me! Im June 4th too - and I tell everybody I’m having bariatric surgery. Ive shared with Family and friends and coworkers and in my other circles. I don’t announce to strangers lol but I’ve been very open. I’m excited about it, looking forward to sharing my experience and results, and don’t care what anyone thinks!

On 5/15/2018 at 8:50 AM, MrsLingo said:

Congrats. You’re close and I’m cheering for you. When do you start your preop diet? I noticed some people are lucky and only have to do 7 days. I have to complete 14 days

Seeeee. My doctor doesn’t require any pre-op diet. He just doesn’t want me to weigh more than I did at my initial appointment. I’ve lost 16lbs on my own by just trying to do right and get myself together mentally for the changes to come. Hugs to everyone.

Hey, I’m scheduled for the 8th June 2018 in the uk. 224lbs before pre op diet x

I have the 2 week pre-op starting on Monday. I think it’s part for the liver reduction and part to retrain my brain to prepare for less food. Seems to be the standard in Aust to do 2 weeks on Optifast

how much time post surgery are people tayoff? I’ve planned for 2 weeks, I’m lucky cause I can take paid leave.

Hello everyone ! I am scheduled for June 5 and I am super excited but also super scared. I just learned 3 days ago that I will be having the surgery next month. I need to have 2 weeks of liquid diet on Optifast which does NOT make me happy but hey, I will survive :) I am starting it next Tuesday (May 22).

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone :) I started my journey back in November. Saw a nutritionist who referred me to my surgeon. I’ve done three visits with a dietician, a psychiatric evaluation, a sleep study, two surgery seminars (two-hour long orientations that go into every detail about lifestyle changes and surgery options), and i finally got a surgery date!!

Surgery June 13, pre ops June 5th (one with the surgeon, one with a bariatric nutritionist, and one with the hospital). I guess they want you to be REALLY prepared.

I’ve been overweight my whole life but really let myself go in the last five years. Im 5’2” and my highest weight was 260. I’ve lost 40 lbs since then. I took the phentermine prescribed by my nutritionist for a few months, but didn’t like how it made me feel so stopped. It did help me lose about 20 lbs.

Ive made huge changes to my diet and started going on 30 minute walks every day during my lunch hour. I recently added ankle weights to help build muscle. I’m tracking caloric intake carefully, as well as closely monitoring my Protein, fat and carb intake. I have been trying to sip Water to prepare for after surgery but am finding it challenging. Another thing I HATE is chewing my food thirty times. I don’t know why but that’s been a tough adjustment.

I’ve started taking hair skin and nail gummies to prevent Hair loss post op, and I’ve purchased some bariatric chew Vitamins for after surgery as well.

I only need to be on Clear Liquids for two days before surgery and I get two weeks off work.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on this journey! I’m sure we are all nervous and excited and ready to feel good about ourselves again.

Surgery date 6/11/18. I am in the tell everyone category as well, but respect other peoples choices to keep it private. I have today off for, lab, EKG, Chest X-Ray, and the much anticipated but dreaded nutrition appointment. So of course I woke up before the alarm went off. Husband is making an appointment today as well, he has COPD among other things and has finally admitted to feeling fatigued. It may be time for oxygen (at least at night). If my 3 kids and 47 years on this Earth have taught me anything, it is that if you don't take care of yourself, you cannot take care of everyone else.

I am a little anxious about the EKG. I have never had one and everyone on my Mom's side is obese and died of heart attacks in the age 50-65 range. Dad's side is obese too, but the women and him seem to have a magical longevity gene. He says we don't know about the men (except him) because they all died doing stupid stuff like getting shot. He will be 79 in June.

tHey fellow weight loss peeps, thought I'd come visit for a minute, nothing shaking over on the RnY side where I belong. Just watching the prelims for the Megan-Price Harry wedding. Got a question for all of you. Now that,you are in the final days of presurgery, do you find yourself looking at people in the crowd around you? I do and say to myself "hmm I wonder if they know about bariatric? " mind you I haven't said anything out loud because I might have resented someone getting in my face and preaching about it, now looking back I wish someone who lived me had and saved me the rapid arthritic breakdown and sorrow. My own family rationalized I was a lost cause, so just let her die 5he way she is. But them maybe my mindset was different than 5he woman or man on the street. Let me know what you all think!😙