Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

7 minutes ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

Okay I didn’t know that, yes I researched pricing but could never get exact cost doing it local. I just saw price in the US varied from 25k-35k. I was scared to go out of the country do at first but i researches drs for about 6-8 months before I settled on Dr. Alvarez. There was a bunch in Tijuana that charged less then half of his cost but I they had 50/50 reviews. Some people said they were great some said no. But most said the facilities were questionable. Dr. Alvarez was the only one with all stellar reviews and he’s very active on social media so you can see the brand new hospital. It made me feel a lot better.

How much is yours? I am paying $10,000. Which is pretty cheap for the US!

9 minutes ago, Pete_A said:

I am June 4. W 260 BMI 41

It’s coming soon!!! Any nerves kicking in?

5 minutes ago, Pete_A said:

Have your doctors prescribed 1 or two weeks of liquid diet pre op?

I actually have 2 week 1200 calorie pre op diet. Drink Protein Shakes or eat Protein Bars 2 times a day and then one lean meal. Lean meat and starchy veggies.

It’s coming soon!!! Any nerves kicking in?

Oh yes, but I know what I want and nothing will hold me back, not even myself. Hahaha

9 minutes ago, Pete_A said:

Same here but only one week, but I am already doing it just in case.

Very smart! I should start next week too!!

I am scheduled for June the 7th. I started the modified diet today and go to liquid on the 24th.

I woke up this morning pretty anxious. It wasn't really about the fact that I want the modified diet as much as it was about all the things that I need to do before June 7th.

Another thing I'm noticing is that changing my mental attitude about food is going to be a day-by-day hour-by-hour minute-by-minute process. Sounds silly but boy is it true.

HW 418
BMI 61

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, SAMorgan said:

I am scheduled for June the 7th. I started the modified diet today and go to liquid on the 24th.

I woke up this morning pretty anxious. It wasn't really about the fact that I want the modified diet as much as it was about all the things that I need to do before June 7th.

Another thing I'm noticing is that changing my mental attitude about food is going to be a day-by-day hour-by-hour minute-by-minute process. Sounds silly but boy is it true.

HW 418
BMI 61

I'm scheduled for June 7th as well, and start my liquid diet on May 24th as well!!

It's a big change, but you're taking the first step. It'll hopefully get easier. Good luck!

23 hours ago, gully90 said:

How much is yours? I am paying $10,000. Which is pretty cheap for the US!

Oh wow yea that is really low compared to most, I saw someone post they got an explanation of benefits showing 54k billed for the surgery. Mines pretty close in cost to yours it was $8900 but it’s what is considered all inclusive. So there is no additional hidden cost that includes web follow ups with the nutritionists, meds, anesthesiologist all of that so no after bills.

1 hour ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

Oh wow yea that is really low compared to most, I saw someone post they got an explanation of benefits showing 54k billed for the surgery. Mines pretty close in cost to yours it was $8900 but it’s what is considered all inclusive. So there is no additional hidden cost that includes web follow ups with the nutritionists, meds, anesthesiologist all of that so no after bills.

Yea mine is all inclusive too! No hidden fees! Hospital fee, anesthesiologist, meds, a years worth of follow ups and meeting with a nutritionist. It’s a steal honestly.

Hello All, I’m scheduled June 14th and I start my pre op on May 31st. I’ve already started my Bariatric multi Vitamins so my body can adjust to them. I’m super excited and scared. Not only that my nutritionist may use me as an example so the pressure to succeed is on.

SW: 272

CW: 264

GW: 165

I'm scheduled for June 7th as well, and start my liquid diet on May 24th as well!!
It's a big change, but you're taking the first step. It'll hopefully get easier. Good luck!

Very cool! We will be walking the same road on the same dates! [emoji4] I know that it's going to be kind of tough the end of this month and that surgery will be a little bit hard but I think it will be worth it. I have been heavy most of my life and have finally come to the place that I can't do this anymore. So many things I have missed out on because I wasn't physically able to do it. There's a whole world on the other side of this process! I know you're going to do great!!

2 hours ago, SAMorgan said:

Very cool! We will be walking the same road on the same dates! I know that it's going to be kind of tough the end of this month and that surgery will be a little bit hard but I think it will be worth it. I have been heavy most of my life and have finally come to the place that I can't do this anymore. So many things I have missed out on because I wasn't physically able to do it. There's a whole world on the other side of this process! I know you're going to do great!!

We should be surgery buddies!! What's going to be tough is saying no to food, especially since I work in an office that LOVES to eat. I'm excited for this process and ready to get it going. We're in this together and we got this!!

10 hours ago, gully90 said:

Yea mine is all inclusive too! No hidden fees! Hospital fee, anesthesiologist, meds, a years worth of follow ups and meeting with a nutritionist. It’s a steal honestly.

Yes that is a steal, I’m not going to tell my mom, the biggest problem she has had with this is me going to MX. She kept asking me why I couldn’t just do it here. I told her it would be 2 to 3 times the cost. That’s amazing I’m glad you found something that works for you and makes you feel comfortable at the same time!