Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bias against weed.. so tired of it.

Pre-surgery I never smoked and definitely stopped drinking... but post surgery, once I was where I needed to be I added in a glass of red wine here and there, but it definitely hit me a lot harder post surgery.. so it is very seldom that I do that. I was just shy of 2 years post op last December when my anxiety began to get so much worse and I was having panic attacks, I usually combat that by trail running...but even that wasn't helping. SO, I began exploring making my own cannabutter and from there used that and made healthy edibles (which I still make and use). I do smoke once in a while, but it is all for medicinal purposes.

I definitely understand quitting all of that pre-surgery as it can help lead to ulcers and other post-op issues that nobody wants to deal with. I think everyone handles their anxiety, depression, and other stuff in their own ways. My goal is to not add to my plethora of Vitamins and supplements I take daily, so it was important to explore more holistic options for handling my rising anxiety. I found a dosage that works for me and I have felt so much better in the past 6 months.

I am working towards my MPH to be a registered dietician in my state so I can help bariatric patients long term, the lack of long term support and education kinda drives me nuts. So I am looking forward to working with the local weight loss clinics in my small forest town to set up a positive environment for patients to ask questions and get any help they may need,

On 06/07/2018 at 01:50, BlueBongo said:

Pre-surgery I never smoked and definitely stopped drinking... but post surgery, once I was where I needed to be I added in a glass of red wine here and there, but it definitely hit me a lot harder post surgery.. so it is very seldom that I do that. I was just shy of 2 years post op last December when my anxiety began to get so much worse and I was having panic attacks, I usually combat that by trail running...but even that wasn't helping. SO, I began exploring making my own cannabutter and from there used that and made healthy edibles (which I still make and use). I do smoke once in a while, but it is all for medicinal purposes.

I definitely understand quitting all of that pre-surgery as it can help lead to ulcers and other post-op issues that nobody wants to deal with. I think everyone handles their anxiety, depression, and other stuff in their own ways. My goal is to not add to my plethora of Vitamins and supplements I take daily, so it was important to explore more holistic options for handling my rising anxiety. I found a dosage that works for me and I have felt so much better in the past 6 months.

I am working towards my MPH to be a registered dietician in my state so I can help bariatric patients long term, the lack of long term support and education kinda drives me nuts. So I am looking forward to working with the local weight loss clinics in my small forest town to set up a positive environment for patients to ask questions and get any help they may need,

thank you so much for your response, i’m also into educating myself on more holistic and natural alternatives, though i do take anxiety medication. but for example, i will be purchasing some cbd lotion and oil for post op, i refuse to take any painkillers. cbd and all forms of marijuana are legal here in MA and i don’t see why i cant use that to my advantage. i prefer it over drinking, which quite frankly is 10x worse for you and i don’t understand why it’s such a taboo subject.

Until it is fedrally recognized and taken off the narcotics list, it will sadly remain taboo. Post surgery my anxiety increased dramatically and I don't like the massive head fog from anti-depressants or neurological meds. I havd found doses of thc and cbd that work well to control my anxieties. I know how to measure it out for infusion and use both in my daily cooking and liquids. I prefer ingesting them than smoking.

Just have to find what works for you and learn how to properly use/dose it.