Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggested Protein Powders Please

Hi all, I am trying to get my act together before the 16th and just need some recommendations for Protein powders. I think a non flavored one will work best for me, that way I can add to anything.

https://store.bariatricpal.com/pages/search-results-page?q=syntrax+nectar+protein+powder

THIS. It doesn't even taste like you're behaving yourself ..it also comes in an unflavored powder that you can put in Water if you don't want sweet/ mix in other foods for extra Protein.

For convenience, I typically use the RTD Premier Protein drinks.

But, I am a BIG fan of Unjury brand powdered Proteins. I always have a container of unflavored in my pantry and if I'm getting tired of the sweet-type Protein Drinks, I like the Unjury chicken Soup flavored. It is a little high in sodium, but I only drink it when I need a change.

I find that everyone has their own tastes in terms of Protein supplements. My advice: get a few before you need them and test them out. You may also find that your likes/dislikes change after surgery and you need to test them out again.

Unjury is very gentle. I like the chocolate and vanilla and chicken Soup. I would suggest the variety starter pack so you can taste them all. I used premiere Protein prior to surgery and my stomach can't handle it after surgery.

I use GENEPRO and its tasteless... I put it in Water with crystal light... it’s very good that way and I get the best of both worlds

Unjury .com are the best I’ve tried so far. They have recipes that are good too. I had a chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Drink today that was really delicious. With their ready made drinks I prefer the vanilla

Thanks for posting this topic. I too am curious on others takes on these Protein drinks/powders. I had my 1st Premier vanilla shake this morning and gotta say the initial taste was ok but VERY sweet and that fake sugar after taste is gonna be hard to get used to if I stick with them. Also a metallic -ish after taste as well. Have read and heard great things about Isopur but have not experienced it yet.

Thanks for the info ALL!!

nectar Medical is tasteless. It is really good in Crystal Light Water mixes.

I was given a container of Nestles Beneprotein unflavored. Putting it in everything, from Soups, V8, yogurt, hot Cereal, anything it will blend in with. I do not find it chalky and it doesn't seem to alter flavors. So I purchased a case of 6. I do not think it will mix in Clear Liquids, but I have yet to try it!

Sent from my XT1052 using BariatricPal mobile app

I LOVE the unflavored Unjury. I couldn’t stomach the Optifast bars and Soups, so my surgeon let me have a cup of strained low-fat Soup in place of a shake each day. He suggested the Unjury and I’ve never looked back. One scoop is 90 calories and gives you a whopping 21g of Protein. It doesn’t have a taste, but it does have a slight smell. This has not bothered me at all, but just letting you know. I also got a sample pack of Unjury flavors at my pre-op appt, so I’ll be trying those after surgery too. I just don’t want to buy too much prior to surgery since your tastes tend to change.

HW: 311
CW: 257
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Thank you all for your suggestions!