Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing - buy stuff and it doesn't fit

On 5/6/2018 at 4:01 PM, Orchids&Dragons said:

I bought a couple pairs of capris on sale that are too small right now. Made me smile to do it. They're size 18s.

hehe. Can I borrow them for a couple of weeks? ;) LOL. Seriously I had a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in 18 years. Jean shorts. Cute. Totes cute! I waited and waited and waited to button and zip em. Nope. Too tight. Waited some more. Put 'em on to wear this weekend for a road trip. Too big. Wah wah wahhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for playing! *cue song from loser's Price is Right game*

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

hehe. Can I borrow them for a couple of weeks? ;) LOL. Seriously I had a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in 18 years. Jean shorts. Cute. Totes cute! I waited and waited and waited to button and zip em. Nope. Too tight. Waited some more. Put 'em on to wear this weekend for a road trip. Too big. Wah wah wahhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for playing! *cue song from loser's Price is Right game*

Really, you missed your window? I don't know whether to commiserate or congratulate!

IKR?! I totes wore em anyway. I put 2 safety pins in at the darts in back. :) I'll get maybe another size out of the waste with a baggy butt and legs which isn't a bad thing. :) I tucked in front and let it out in back. :)

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

IKR?! I totes wore em anyway. I put 2 safety pins in at the darts in back. :) I'll get maybe another size out of the waste with a baggy butt and legs which isn't a bad thing. :) I tucked in front and let it out in back. :)

Girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do! ;)

I do the thrift store thing for now :)

I wear mostly stretch pants or capris, tanks and open cardigans. I also have some work dresses that I wore 50 or more pounds ago and can still wear in case I need them. Jeans anywhere from size 12 to size 20W in the closet, mostly bought at Goodwill while gaining weight . Not buying anything in the forseeable future. I am lucky that I do not have to return to a full time job (worked locum tenens contracts for past 4 years). My BF and I love to hit up the big Goodwills in Austin.....I have found some phenomenal bargains!!

Right there with you.

I’m doing a couple of wrap dresses from EShakti down a couple of sizes from my start. I figure I can make them pass for a good long while as I have to dress fairly professionally daily and hate looking frumpy. Hoping I can skate thru my accelerated phase during the summer with dresses, skirts and maybe professional looking capris.

Suits I’m going to be hitting up a local plus size consignment shop. Let alone the lane Bryant clearance section in general. I’ve never had luck with thrift store pants cause I have a long inseam.

I discovered yesterday my work pants (Nordstrom’s house brand) don’t have belt loops. I about cried as they were my plan for a few more weeks.

I’m basically doing a clothing purge this weekend to see what I have at smaller sizes that I can salvage.

I've been to Goodwill 3 times--I'm going on a shopping spree after I get to goal and maintain it for at least a few months, but I can't justify spending too much money on clothes that fit for a month and that's it.

I never find much at local charity shops in plus sizes, most of the clothing they have is size 14 and under, so I haven't bothered looking there yes. I had to go to the shops yesterday to get a few essentials though as I was starting to really swim in my old size 24-26 shirts and jackets (it's almost winter here in Australia). I bought 3 long sleeve shirts in size *18!* for about $6 each, and a single $12 zip up hooded fleecy jacket in size 20. I already bought the size 20 track pants I@m now wearing when I shopped the week before my surgery, knowing ill fitting pants would fall down rather than look too baggy. I figure these should cover me for another month or two, even when a little oversized, and were cheap enough for me to be happy buying new.

Go pop some tags at Goodwill!