Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric haul! What have you bought for your journey or plan to buy?

Yeah @Chrisb428 I've tasted your Roaring Springs Water, pleasant as bottled water usually isn't. I usually buy Aquafina because,it is easily accessible,in my area.😛

1 hour ago, Yo-yo girl said:

Deff buying those to measure my Water sips. As much as I dislike drinking Water I’m already anticipating it to be a chore.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

Yo-Yo Girl, i hope after surgery u give us a detailed play by play...lol. I wanna know everything before its my turn.. How your feeling, what u are and arent using. Tips and tricks....everything! Lol

Hi, Monday is almost here!!! I feel like this week the days are longer this week in anticipation of the 21st. How’s your week going?

Hey! Lol I know.. there’s definitely more than 24 hours in every day of this week so far [emoji23] I’m thinking of packing my hospital bag tonight or tomorrow to feel like I’m that much closer.

I was told that I could switch doctors because I haven't been certified for the surgery yet. Since nothing has been submitted I can just have my records sent to my new doctor and have him send the paperwork in for certification. No seminars yet but my EGD is done, 3 months with the surgeon done, nutrition and exercise appointment done as well.

O wow so you are really well on your way.. I’m happy for you. Now that I think about it during my entire process I just didn’t give it much thought there was no anticipation. I was eager to do all my clearances and put all my energy into that. I started in oct and by November I was finished with all my clearances just needed to log my weight for 6 months and get a letter from my doc. As soon as all that was done that’s when I started freaking out and feeling like omg will insurance accept me is this really happening and I felt every emotion at once. Keep me updated.

Yo-Yo Girl, i hope after surgery u give us a detailed play by play...lol. I wanna know everything before its my turn.. How your feeling, what u are and arent using. Tips and tricks....everything! Lol

Haha [emoji38] I’ll deff be in my little room all woozy from my anesthesia trying to do speech to text to keep everyone on the know lol.. I’ll document it every step of the way.

Haha [emoji38] I’ll deff be in my little room all woozy from my anesthesia trying to do speech to text to keep everyone on the know lol.. I’ll document it every step of the way.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

You are going to do so well... I'm excited for you!!

HW: 256
SW: 238(4/25/18)
CW: 226
GW: 165

You are going to do so well... I'm excited for you!!

HW: 256
SW: 238(4/25/18)
CW: 226
GW: 165

Thank you [emoji3]

First, I love this thread. SO many great ideas. I haven't purchased anything yet, but my Amazon cart is filling up like crazy. My dietitian gave me samples of the Bariatric Advantage Multi-Vitamin and calcium chews. They were both yummy so I'll be buying those for sure. I love Water, but have heard others say after surgery there is only so much plain water they can drink before getting sick of it. So I'll be buying some sugar free flavorings and I've also found several flavors of Powerade Zero that I love.

Second and most importantly, I've collected several binders from my surgeon and some prospective surgeons. I'm attaching it here for any one interested.

_Gastric Sleeve Binder.pdf

Gastric Bypass Binder.pdf

Gastric Sleeve Handbook 2.pdf

First, I love this thread. SO many great ideas. I haven't purchased anything yet, but my Amazon cart is filling up like crazy. My dietitian gave me samples of the Bariatric Advantage Multi-Vitamin and calcium chews. They were both yummy so I'll be buying those for sure. I love Water, but have heard others say after surgery there is only so much plain Water they can drink before getting sick of it. So I'll be buying some sugar free flavorings and I've also found several flavors of Powerade Zero that I love.
Second and most importantly, I've collected several binders from my surgeon and some prospective surgeons. I'm attaching it here for any one interested.
_Gastric Sleeve Binder.pdf
Gastric Bypass Binder.pdf
Gastric Sleeve Handbook 2.pdf

I need to stay away from Amazon because I just been shopping for the entirety of my liquid diet [emoji30] I tried the Bariatric Advantage chewable and didn’t like it and I deff didn’t like having to take 4. Instead I found a one per day bariatric capsule which I plan to take 2 of. The Calcium I take is BariMelts omg soo delicious it taste like sweet tarts. For Iron I have Proferrin heme iron. Thanks for the PDF’s I’m checking it out now[emoji106]

So far I have bought my kitchen scale, New measuring cups, small 4 oz containers to prepare and freeze portions of Soups etc. A vitamix blender, a mini chopper. I bought sampler packs of Protein Drinks from 2 different companies. A few 4 packs of different brands and flavors of ready to drink Protein. Silicone molds for broth and soups. Still have a list of items to pick up (overkill, I know) Oh and 2 books.< br>

Can you please tell me about the silicone molds for broths and soups? I feel like a dummy in the area of broths and soups.

5 minutes ago, deardraya said:

Can you please tell me about the silicone molds for broths and Soups? I feel like a dummy in the area of broths and soups.

I bought silicone ice cube trays. Im going to make homemadr Bone Broth and cream or puree soups and since portion sizes will be so small at first, i will freeze them into cubes and store in a gallon ziploc bag so I can just pull out a few at a time and warm up.

Edited by Chrisb428
Mistyped

Thanks for replying! Do you have naynlinks to Bone Broth recipes or cream Soups?

2 hours ago, deardraya said:

Thanks for replying! Do you have naynlinks to bone broth recipes or cream Soups?

There are tons on Pinterest, that's where I have found most of mine. As far as Bone Broth goes, you can just put your meaty bones and any combo of herbs spices and chopped veggies that you like in Water and slow simmer all day. I do mine just as if I were making a base for chicken Soup. Can do beef as well.

Edited by Chrisb428
Brain fog

We also have core life restaraunt which has Bone Broth too it’s pretty good comes in a cup

22 minutes ago, Lynnp44 said:

We also have core life restaraunt which has bone broth too it’s pretty good comes in a cup

I had never heard of that. Just googled it and some of their Soups sound really good! The Tomato basil and broccoli cheese, yum!!! There r recipes similar to both on pinterest.