Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Relationships and WLS

This turned out so scary. I'm glad you're all right and moving on with your new, healthier (physically & mentally) life. He didn't have the right stuff to be part of that. Congrats on the 5K!

Here’s my advice: Date someone who didn’t know you before your weight loss! A man who only sees the NEW you. A SECURE guy who isn’t threatened by your attractiveness.

So glad you are free of him!

Congratulations and keep Going! Take care of you and the right man will come along.

Cut him out.

Lex2387 so glad you've evicted him from your life. At least you didn't have to die,like my late friend Kathi in Columbus, hers tortured and killed her while her 3 year old daughter slept in the next room. We, her friends, tried to warn her but she "loved" him, thought it was her duty to stay with him. She was a sweet beautiful,32 year old, after he got through mutilating and killing her, she was a closed casket. Not even the most skilled mortician could fix what he did. I still mourn her, I felt so for her little Amanda Joan who lost both parents that day. Kathy's parents stepped in, raised her, saw her college graduation picture and she is the image of Kathi, only,thing she inherited from that price of corrupt flesh that fathered her was her hair shade, and a good dye would change that!
Sorry I went off on a rant but I'm so grateful you didn't share Kathi's path.
Sending a loving hug, only wish things had been different and I still had Kathi to hug!💦

Congratulations on standing up and doing what you needed to do for yourself. You are stronger than you think- you’ve got this.
Glad you are moving in a positive direction

On 4/29/2018 at 7:49 PM, lex2287 said:

Thank you. I was feeling good about myself until he started acting the way he is... he hasn’t tried to sabotage my weight loss just makes fun of me for exercising and eating healthy. I just don’t feel pretty now.

He doesn’t get to do that to you. He’s definitely against you in this, and you didn’t take this huge step in your life to let some guy’s sabotage hinder your progress. The right guy that will support you is waiting. Don’t allow this person to diminish you. *hugs*

Total loser. Drop that fool. You made a Life changing decision that was the best thing you could do for your health. If people can't see that, they are not worth your time. I am lucky that my Wife, kids and close friends have been so supportive. Those that have been judgemental or negative have been dropped from my Life. Best of luck to you!

Edited by Jdesmond73

Don’t sign up for an emotionally abusive relationship with him. He will tear down your self esteem and you will lose yourself. DTMFA

On 04/29/2018 at 16:49, lex2287 said:

I just feel like I’m never going to find someone now... feel hopeless :-/

Good guys are out there. Know your worth, and don’t waste time finding mr right, but staying with him. Organize your life and move on.

Lex2287 you settled for Mr Better than Nothing, so glad you freed yourself. Now remember you are quality merchandise, never sell yourself that short again! And I am very proud of you, you are one of my favorite Bariatric Godchildren👵🏆

Honestly, Lex, there is only one thing wrong with you...very low self esteem that leads you to pick real asshats. I could never in a million years be emotionally invested with a man who even came close to calling me anything close to repulsive or a man who said I looked like a hooker. Until you get some counseling to feel better about yourself, you will attract men like these. You deserve so much more.

Oh my goodness! I’m so glad you are getting him out of your life. You mentioned that your previous relationship was with someone who verbally abused you. I know that I have just started this road in May 2018, but I think a lot of emotional stuff comes up with weight loss. Maybe seeing a therapist to help you through all the dramatic changes and help you see that you deserve to be treated well would be a good thing. I hope you continue to gain confidence in yourself and find someone who will not denigrate you, but who will treat you with the care you deserve.

Sent from my EML-L09 using BariatricPal mobile app

FOR all of you following this thread.. I am the OP. I had a hearing today about this abusive ex boyfriend today and he had to be present telephonically because he is currently in jail for his actions. The judge recommended him 1+ year of protection (no contact with me, etc.) and he admitted to all the charges, however, when asked if he had firearms he asked for an attorney and now our hearing will be continued on July 2. I have the order in effect right now and he’s currently in jail pending 4 felony charges (not related to our incident) but he went on an alcohol bender after he hit me and got himself in some serious trouble with law enforcement. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I have met with a counselor and things are starting to work out.