Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everytime someone calls me now they ask so how much weight you lost?

Surgery check so far so good no side effects keeping up with my H20 and Protein goals.

Mentally I feel the same good, happy, cheerful, aggressive but that's just me.

Physically since I had cancer last year I still have side effects from chemo and radiation but even that is getting better a lot faster. I have more energy walk 10,000 steps and the most unbelievable thing EVER i sleep 8-10 hours. Since I was 15 I've only slept 5 hours exactly like i had some internal alarm.

Relationship with spouse same awesome supportive, sex 3-5 times a week.

Socially ummmmm this is the sh*t that gets me I screamed my surgery from the rooftops because I didn't want my social groups family, friends etc there's too many to think I was dieing because I was all of a sudden getting thinner. Now every single time 9 out of 10 people see me its like so how many pounds you lost, how about now and NOW like a small child asking are we there yet annoying as f*ck. How can I tell them f* off without telling them to f* off :) I tried a reversal with my friend and ask her how much she weighs she shut up real quick lol I don't mind saying it not ashamed of it but its just annoying.

So how do YOU guys feel (surgery, mentally, physically, relationships, socially) and what do you do when someone ask you that question?

This is what I dreaded telling people about my surgery. I am in for answers as well because I am already getting these questions 4 days into my pre-op diet

i just told one friend “why don’t you try this pre-op diet for 2 weeks and tell me how much you lose.”

i hate being rude but honestly...

I did the same thing! I told everyone. During my preop diet everyone was on me about my weight loss and 1 week after surgery I've gotten texts about it. I understand they're curious but... dang.

I just tell them I try not to weigh myself too frequently. Maybe about one every 2weeks. Which is a lie Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

You told everyone about your surgery, which I think is great. By doing that, you controlled your narrative. But now everyone's asking you about it & it's bugging you. What do you do about it? The same thing you did the first time: Control your own narrative. Tell people what you want them to say to you. Teach them to be supportive but not invasive. You did this once & you can do it again! Good luck. You are not alone.

People knew I was thinking about surgery, but I didn't go on Facebook about it directly and said "I'm having surgery and it's this day" or that I have had the surgery. Not so much about the people asking how much weight I lost, the negative a$$ people (ok, my mom's family mostly) who have an opinion on why or how you could've done things differently. I say that because my mom had a bypass and she had a lot of nasty stuff said or just dumb crap said. Believe me, I have thick skin, but I'm focused on me and my support network now. When I see people later and they ask me how much I lost, I'll say "a lot" or "a Backstreet Boy"

16 hours ago, Marissa37 said:

Socially ummmmm this is the sh*t that gets me I screamed my surgery from the rooftops because I didn't want my social groups family, friends etc there's too many to think I was dieing because I was all of a sudden getting thinner. Now every single time 9 out of 10 people see me its like so how many pounds you lost, how about now and NOW like a small child asking are we there yet annoying as f*ck. How can I tell them f* off without telling them to f* off :) I tried a reversal with my friend and ask her how much she weighs she shut up real quick lol I don't mind saying it not ashamed of it but its just annoying.

So how do YOU guys feel (surgery, mentally, physically, relationships, socially) and what do you do when someone ask you that question?

I have this problem too with certain people. Its rough because you don't always lose a significant amount every week. My mom asks me ALL THE TIME, "what is your number?".... It can be rewarding and defeating, it just depends on what that number is. Finally, I just told her... it makes me feel bad when I don't have something big to report to you. She explained it is her way of showing support and staying engaged with my journey.

But I think your weight loss can be such a sensitive issue, and I wouldn't feel bad telling people that you aren't comfortable sharing specifics.

Hang in there!