Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I have bulletproof coffee

Hi got operated April 10th read my post operation papers from and back no mention of coffee and I hate tea and I’m freezing its cold as f in April in nyc... crazy.

Yes or no please

brrrrrr

Edited by Marissa37

You probably can (always check with your doctors on such questions, rather than someone else's) but do you really want to be letting junk food back into your diet so soon? It may be Keto, but it is still basically empty calories, and liquid calories tend to be the best way to eat around your WLS. Not good to be getting into such habits so soon.

Are you morbidly obese?

If that sounds like a smart ass question, it is.

We are MO. Period. End of story. I can NOT think of ONE scenario where our fat bodies actually NEED an influx of the amount of exogenous dietary fat from relatively nutritionless liquids. We get almost all the fat we need from the fat liberation that is hopefully going on inside our bodies! ALL post surgery patients in the initial weight loss phases are by-proxy on VLCDs (very low calorie diets). Why would you want to sabotage those few calories you CAN have on BS liquids like bulletproof fat laced, fat bomb coffee?

And btw? I'm a low carb Keto proponent, but I think the latest evolution of fat obsessed ketoneers is totally loony bins crazy! We are not epileptics. And if we're MO, there is no way you need a diet 80-85% fat.

I'm not fat phobic. I'm a dietary pragmatist and realist.

(BTW, if you are lost in an Antarctica expedition and have 9% body fat, my response to you will be entirely different. Come talk to me then...we will discuss Ericksonn and rabbit starvation.)

Edited by FluffyChix

Too many cals right? Ditch the liquid cals while you can

On another note about trying new things outside, i had espresso around two weeks out from surgery to mix with my Protein Shake. It was a poor decision. I left me shakey etc. My program allowed for Decaf but i forgot to order it.

Any reason not to have just plain coffee?

Ask your NUT and if you do have it, best in a controlled environment just incase it does not agree with you.

Speedy recovery!

Edited by Tealael

True But I’m not drink a whole coffee it’s like 4 sips

4 minutes ago, RickM said:

You probably can (always check with your doctors on such questions, rather than someone else's) but do you really want to be letting junk food back into your diet so soon? It may be Keto, but it is still basically empty calories, and liquid calories tend to be the best way to eat around your WLS. Not good to be getting into such habits so soon.

Very true thanks for bringing me back to the light. Darn those liquid calories.

1 minute ago, Marissa37 said:

True But I’m not drink a whole coffee it’s like 4 sips

How about four sips of Coke, or only half a Twinkie?

It's habits that got us into needing WLS, and it is changing those habits, with the help of our WLS, that helps us recover and learn to control our weight long term.

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Are you morbidly obese?

If that sounds like a smart ass question, it is.

We are MO. Period. End of story. I can NOT think of ONE scenario where our fat bodies actually NEED an influx of the amount of exogenous dietary fat from relatively nutritionless liquids. We get almost all the fat we need from the fat liberation that is hopefully going on inside our bodies! ALL post surgery patients in the initial weight loss phases are by-proxy on VLCDs (very low calorie diets). Why would you want to sabotage that on BS liquids like bulletproof fat laced, fat bomb coffee?

And btw? I'm a low carb Keto proponent, but I think the latest evolution of fat obsessed ketoneers is totally luny bins crazy! We are not epileptics. And if we're MO, there is no way you need a diet 80-85% fat.

I'm not fat phobic. I'm a dietary pragmatist and realist.

Someone needs to get laid. Does that sound like a smartass answer sorry it is.

Im not offended. But it was disrespectful.

Have a blessed day.

So ur a giver not a taker lol got it some people are like that.

image.png.b45af7d2b7b9083264337021e9c5fb0a.png

More often than I care to admit

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

You should go back and read my question and then read your answer doc. Not u rick

Edited by Marissa37

2 minutes ago, Marissa37 said:

Very true thanks for bringing me back to the light. Darn those liquid calories.

You'r welcomed. While the BP coffee, and the Keto movement in general may be debatable, the liquid calories are one of the Cardinal no-no's of WLS, (or at least a big red flag,) no matter how healthy and nutritious that liquid may be. Some surgeons are even really down on the Protein Shakes because of them being liquid calories, though most are accepting of them for their necessity during the immediate to intermediate post op times to ensure adequate Protein intake.

Yeah I’m not allowed to drink Protein Shakes anymore but I’m allowed tea Snapple all this crap with Splenda I stick to Water and eat eggs, cottage cheese, and ricotta and blended Soups only 2 a week I do drink a Isopure a day.