Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

I hate the gym haha I am uncomfortable there... But I need to go. I have 2 boxers that get me out and walking everyday so that is good.
I definitely need this tool I am so tired of being the fat one 🤷[emoji23]
130 is only 40 pounds away your so close! How tall are you?
I am sure you will get there! You are doing really well! Do you still have your gallbladder?

Oh girl I hate the gym too! lol I am 5 ft even and still have my gallbladder. I feel like it's a little harder to look like I've lost weight since I'm short but there is definitely a difference between pre op and post op. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? We seem to have a lot of the same stats.. :) we def could help each other!

Oh girl I hate the gym too! lol I am 5 ft even and still have my gallbladder. I feel like it's a little harder to look like I've lost weight since I'm short but there is definitely a difference between pre op and post op. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? We seem to have a lot of the same stats.. [emoji4] we def could help each other!

We do have similar stats! I still have mine too haha I just ask because I know some people have issues with it after surgery. Hoping I'm not one of them!
I am 5' 3" and I am 27, I'll be 28 in August [emoji4]
I am sure you look great I know it can be hard to see a change in yourself! You've lost a lot of weight! That is something to be proud of

Thank you! I'll be 20 in May. I recovered pretty quickly and I think you will too! You can do this [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! I'll be 20 in May. I recovered pretty quickly and I think you will too! You can do this [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Now I feel old [emoji23]
I'm excited to be post op. This process is taking forever but it will be worth it.

17 hours ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

Now I feel old [emoji23]
I'm excited to be post op. This process is taking forever but it will be worth it.

No not old at all! Which means you will recover faster! The process took forever for me too because I was having a hard time losing the preop weight. But it definitely is worth it!

Once I got back onto solids I was unaware of my limit and had a couple of moments where I just had that one mouthful too much and I felt sick for hours. My mouth would become all wet like I wanted to vomit, I felt dizzy, I felt a lot of pain in my stomach.

It sucked but it helped me realise what my new limit for food was quickly. Now I eat till I feel that fullness coming and stop. So it was worth it in the long run.

I don't know if these would be considered dumping:

1. I ate some yogurt with a spoonful of strawberry preserves that has a low sugar content. Fifteen minutes later, I felt nauseous with stomach cramping. I didn't have any other symptoms.

2. I had some cream of chicken and wild rice Soup. About 30 minutes later, I had severe stomach pain that made me double over.

So...I watch how much preserves I put in my yogurt, and I'll be staying away from rice for a while.

I have had dumping syndrome twice and I am 3 weeks post VGS. First time my wife had made Mongolian beef for dinner. I wasn't going to eat any but I tasted about a tablespoon of the sauce..which right after I ate it realized the sauce was just caramelized sugar and soy sauce.. I threw up, felt like crap, had the sweats, shakes, etc. Lasted a few hours (the feeling bad).
The second time was clearly my fault and a lack of willpower or smarts. I made homemade chicken noodle Soup for the family, and planned on having just some broth for my dinner. I snuck a dinner roll and crumbled it into the broth. That lasted two days of explosive liquid bowel movements, cramps, and wishing i was dead.

Live and learn.

Had anyone who had the sleeve had dumping syndrome?
If so do you know what caused it?
This is a fear of mine post surgery.

I had an episode
Sweats shakes nausea abdominal pain
Then the release
It happened VERY quickly after I ate the offending item, never again
High sugar content

HW 270
SW 238
CW 182
VSG 11/7

On 5/3/2018 at 1:14 PM, Tealael said:

I had an episode
Sweats shakes nausea abdominal pain
Then the release
It happened VERY quickly after I ate the offending item, never again
High sugar content

HW 270
SW 238
CW 182
VSG 11/7

As much as i am terrified to experience it i think it will also keep me in check!

Just diarrhea bad depending on what and how much you eat of it. Everyone has different systems so it's a matter of trial and error. Follow your diet from your nutritionist and ask as many questions as you can. Everyone on here is so helpful and ready to listen. Keep me on your list. I just passed my 2year in Jan. I feel great and look amazing, not to sound big headed in that. But I'm turning 55 on Friday and it's wonderful to have my body back. New boobs and a little Tummy Tuck and that goal bikini is rockin, lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Dumping syndrome is an untold misery. I start to sweat, shake, and get a rapid heart beat. Then there'd better be a throne nearby because lookout, she's gonna blow.