Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight stalled third week post op

Hi everyone I am in my third week post op and my weight loss has stalled.

I weighed 339llbs 5 weeks ago on my last way in before the two week diet. After the 2 week diet and before the operation I was 316llbs and last Thursday I was down to 306llbs but I have not dropped 1 pound in the last week.

I know there is plateaus but I did not expect one this early has anyone else experienced the same and is there something I can do to help get weight loss going again?

im in my 4th wk post op & have lost 30lbs since 1 wk preop & now the scale is not moving.im working out & not eating more than i should,so frustrating this early on.i have heard stay w it or up ur carbs for a day or try to drink 100oz of Water or switch up ur workout,& even up ur calories or decrease them.so i guess i will try a couple things til it breaks.hang in there,supposedly its normal & will eventually pass.

The 3rd week stall is pretty famous. It usually coincides with the transition to soft or pureed foods. You just need to keep on doing what you're doing and it will move. Sucks, though :(

Weight loss stalls are very common with all of us, however, you have other good things going on the scale will not represent. My blood pressure plummeted after surgery and came off the meds that controlled that, along with my cholesterol medicine, in just 30 days my levels went from 210 to 145 within just a short time span. Finally, the weight stalls are good for your over health in my opinion as your body restores itself as you lose the weight, sticking to the diet and an exercise program you enjoy, not what someone tells you to do is always my advice to the beginners.

1 hour ago, nyguy28 said:

I weighed 339llbs 5 weeks ago on my last way in before the two week diet. After the 2 week diet and before the operation I was 316llbs and last Thursday I was down to 306llbs but I have not dropped 1 pound in the last week.

I know there is plateaus but I did not expect one this early has anyone else experienced the same and is there something I can do to help get weight loss going again?

Stalls are common. You just have to ride them out. I had one that lasted a week and a half and then, all of a sudden, I started losing again. In fact just overnight I dropped 2 pounds.

6 hours ago, nyguy28 said:

Three weeks out! Don’t even bother weighing yourself until 2 or 3 months out. It takes time.

I lost 30 pounds in the 3 weeks after surgery. Then I didn’t lose a pound for over 2 weeks. I tried not to panic. I was exercising and not eating too much. I was drinking as much Water as I could. This is my first stall and I know it will happen again. It partially coincided with the move from liquid diet to puree. I had trouble adjusting to the new diet and wasn’t eating enough. My liquid multi (MVI) was grossing me out. I waited it out and eventually I was eventually able to get used to the diet and up my Protein and calories and drink more water. I’m doing better with my MVI. I didn’t weigh myself for one week. Today, I am down another 5 pounds. Our bodies are going through a lot. I’m trying to take everyone’s advice and give myself and my body a break. I’m trying not to stress out. As long as I am following my program, exercising and making good choices, I think I’m doing okay. It’s definitely discouraging to stall. And frustrating! We know what a valuable time this is and want to make the most of it. I’m just trying to stay positive and tentatively confident [emoji846]

3 week stall is super common. Google it.

I stalled after 1 week post op. Gained 7 lbs I just kept eating according to my diet plan and the next week I dropped 6lb overnight and about a pound e eryday since then. I'm 3.5 weeks post op. Walk as much as you can. Pee and poop as well. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes, I stalled on my 3rd week out and didn’t loose not 1lbs. But when I hit week 4 I lost a pound a day. I’m 5 weeks out now and I have only lost 4lbs this week so I see it kind of fluctuatesIm just being patient as long as the pounds keep going down I’m ok. Patience is everything....You got this!

i haven't lost much since surgery compared to others around my weight, I am 3 months out went from 323.4 to 286.4 (37lbs)

I stall very often but I do find that I lose more inches when i stall vs when I do shed the pounds. As long as you keep it with the plan you will lose weight. :)

In the same boat, Have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks but down is down... I have noticed a difference in my shape as my fat clothing attire is real loose now so wearing things i hadn't worn in a while.

Need to make a few modifications to my diet, and go to the Gym Consistently (Once in 10 days isn't going to cut it lol) Make a few changes to your daily routine and im sure it will translate to the scale.

Keep it going one day at a time.