Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virginia Nov Chat

Hi!

I just stumbled upon this thread...I live in Newport News and I was banded last December. I feel like I have a pretty good fill finally. I think this was my third fill--I'm at 9cc in my 10cc band now. For those of you who are getting impatient, you will get there eventually, too!

Hang in there! :)

Welcome "transformer". Dr. T did my surgery in December too, but 2004. I was his first lapband patient. Stop in anytime! We'd love to have you in our little VA group here.

:welcome:transformer, good to have you here! Sounds like you're at that most desirable "sweet spot" :). I remember Dr. T saying, at a lap band presentation one night, that it usually takes at least three fills to get the right amount of restriction....not too much, not too little.

Hey Judy, let me know if you find any good sugar-free stuff. I just discovered Werthur's sugar-free carmel-coffee hard handies Yum!

Shoot, I forgot to check, I need to look again. Where did you find those btw, I love those darn things, would love to have it sugary free.

Welcome Brenda!:)

Oops, sorry so late in posting back, Brenda.....I got the werthers caramel cafe from food lion. been so busy lately, havn't even been online for a while.

Hope everybody's well....special hello to Pat and Donna too. :P

Hey VA girls, I'm "thinking about" having a Christmas get together for my band friends, at my home, AFTER, I get my decorating done. It would probably around the 1st of the month, would anyone be interested?

Hi, Group!

I was approved in the last week and am scheduled for surgery Jan. 21st. My doctor's office had nothing available til mid-Jan which is okay for me, I have a few days off then so won't have to use as much leave time and I won't have to start the pre-diet until after the holidays. I fluctuate between nervous and being okay with it. Once I attend the nutrition seminars I think I will feel much better, I just need to know that I can manage it.

One thing I've thought about is Mexican food, my kids favorite place to eat. Have any of your tried to eat it and been successful?

My mom and I ate at Azteca Plaza last week, we had to roll out of that place. I was ashamed of myself with all the chips and cheese dip I ate, I was very bad, but boy was it good.

When I was on mushies, Taco Bell was one of my fav places, refried Beans baby! One day I can eat cheese and nachos, the next day I can't, I think it just depends on that first bite.

Good luck and congratulations.

Hi HarleyNana,

This is my first time posting anything on this forum, but I seen the invitation for anyone from VA or beyond and I fit that category. I myself am a new bandster. I was banded on September 5th 2007. I live in Staunton, VA. I had my surgery in Mexico due to pricing being so much cheaper and paying for it out of pocket. My experience there was absolutely great. I have lost 20 pounds (yippee)! It is so great to actually be able to read how everyone is doing and know that there is so many people on the same journey as I to a more healthy and happy life.

Hey Cathy, you're welcomed to post here anytime, another place we hang out is the NJ Nov chat thread, changes month to month by the way, great group of ladies there, it's like we've all met and "hang out" together.

Awesome 20 lbs, that is great. Hope the band is working well with you.

Staunton, beautiful town and area, please take a picture of the trees and post it on here for all our gal pals to see the beauty where you live.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing those pictures.

hey all you va folks! where's everybody been?!

I have been trying to be good and not eat any carbs, get my Protein in and hardest of all....trying not to snack in between meals! well, made it two outta three! LOL! I'm still having moments where I have discomfort at or around the port site, I'm hoping that just needs more time to heal.

HarlyN, are you still

thinking about
having a get together?

welcome Cathy and Corey!

Donna and Judy, hope you're both doing well.

Hola to everyone in the Virginia Forum. I am in Berryville, and was banded on Sept. 11th. I will probably be having my third fill next week. Boy, it is weird learning to eat differently. I love it tho. This is quite a journey and I need all the help I can get.

I find that "The Work" of Byron Katie (www.thework.com) is the best way I have learned to work with the stressful thoughts that proceed my desire to overeat. It is remarkable, and it's free. I am hoping to start a group to do this work for Banded People in Virginia if anyone is interested.