Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virginia Nov Chat

Hey VA pals, thought I'd try to combine some of our VA sites, so we can all join in here together.

Diane should be back with us tomorrow all banded and on her way to a healthier person.

It doesn't matter where you're banded, VA or not, stop on in and chat a spell :D

Diane, now that's dedication to your LB friends, thinking about us at 3 in the morning, LOL.

I noticed by your ticker, it looks like you're already doing quite well with the weight loss, WTG.

Don't over do it today!

Welcome Al, drop in anytime.

hey there harley nana! thanks for starting this thread...wide open invitation to all, from VA or elsewhere!

Yep, just entered bandland yesterday ;) everyting went great, just sore at the incision sites and some occasional nausea. I'm starting to geat real good at squats and pleayes(sp), can't bend at the waist yet, sore.

welcome aboard illdeal! what do you think your biggest challenge has been so far?

Thankyou for starting this new thread! I always want to post, but never know where to do it, so I usually just dont. I enjoy reading what you all have to say though.

Anyways, I found out today that my insurance has approved my surgery! YEAH!!! BUT... the surgeons office is apparently not scheduling anymore surgeries this year. :) I guess it is "crunch time" whatever that means. Oh well, I guess I'll be a newly banded person for the new year. She said I should be one of the first in January. Meanwhile, I will just focus on eating right and getting more exercise and hopefully lose a few pounds.

Hey Mama, congratulations on the approval. Go ahead and get your pretesting done, then ask your doctor's office to put you on a cancellation list.

Are you a VA girl? Whether you are or not, jump on in here, also you'd feel right at home VA or not at the NJ Nov chat thread.

Best wishes and stop in anytime, we love chatting.

Yes I do live in Virginia but I dont know that I would call myself a VA girl. HAHAHA I moved here about a year and a half ago after living my whole life in Colorado. I'm trying hard to adjust to the changes, like humidity, UGH! Right now I live west of Richmond. My surgeon is Dr. Brengman at Richmond Surgical Group. I am SO excited about this surgery. Even if I have to wait til January, I know it will be worth the wait. But I will do what you suggested and see about getting myself on a "cancellation list". I have my nutrition class on the 19th. Everything went along really fast and smooth except for a surgery date! Go figure.

hey mamato! you're approved! Don't worry, you'll get a date soon. I was offered a sooner date than the one I had, but hubby couldn't rearrange his schedule, so we kept the original date. They offered me the sooner date knowing that I had completed the nutrition class. I think thats a definate pre-requisite. I just got banded and all is well. Although I live in williamsburg, the hospital I had my surgery done at is in hampton. Good luck to you!

Mamato3, January will be here before you know it, with all the holidays ahead, time will fly, especially with three kids, LOL.

Diane, how's the belly? Are you hungry yet? When I got to the point I missed having something to chew, I kept a cup of ice, helped with the urge for something to crunch on.

Hugs

HarleyN, so far so good. I'm rapidly running out of the starter pack of liquid choices that have high protien content, so I'll probably start scouring on line sites for some replacements during this liquids only phase. This phase is until Nov. 13 (my first pre-op appt.) I hope after that date my dr. will let me start mushies. Hunger so far is manageable. I bought a big bag of wonderfully crunchy Sonic bagged ice, as you said...great for filling that need to chew!!! Hope you're doing well!

Hey there! How is everybody doing this morning? <br /> Hey Donnajade and Bandedmomx6 whats up today.......other than laundry, LOL! I still have "port area soreness" wonder how long that takes to go away! Otherwise for day 4, not too bad at all.<br /> <br /> I've been cooking, just to illustrate to my DH that it's not going to bother me if he cooks or eats in front of me. Don't want him feeling like he has to hide. <br /> <br /> Can't wait till the mushie stage. I'm guessing that'll be after my post-op appt. Nov. 13. When's yours Donnajade?<br /> <br /> Well, time to get busy with a little housework so it doesn't snowball!!!!!!

Bandedmomx6, oh my, I must have missed your post, welcome!

Somebody have a birthday yesterday, WITHOUT cake?

Happy BDAY Diane!

:rolleyes:awwwwwwwwwwwww shucks, HarlyN ...thank you!!!!!! I didn't do anything in particular. i decided to listen to all the veteran bandsters and take it easy. I usually do 80% of my christmas shopping on my B'Day, but being it was only day 3 post band....no shopping.

Funny, first birthday with no cake.....first time not caring about cake!

Hey everyone. It's a beautiful day today huh? Hubby just went out on a Toys For Tots ride with others from Hampton Roads Harley Davidson. Wish I could have gone but didn't want to get half way there and have to turn around.

Diane - happy birthday! Belated. Not much going on - just the laundry and house cleaning. uggh. So your doing OK on the liquid diet? I go on Wednesday for my 2 week check up with Dr. T. I guess he'll let me know at that time if I can go to mushies or not.

Mamato3 - congrats on your approval. I was also offered an earlier surgery date but couldn't because of work. If you ask to be put on the cancelation list - it might happen earlier. Either way, it's gonna happen for you and what a great way to start the new year.

HarlyN - what are your plans for today? I told Diane I do laundry on sundays - along with house cleaning - which I hate! :)

Speaking of which - I have to get back to.

Talk to ya soon.