Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 5 Months post op and I’m looking for a good Protein Bar that obviously doesn’t have a lot of carbs or sugar. Any recommendations?

I like Pure Protein. 200 calories for 20 grams of protein.

They've got 16g of Carbs....but I eat carbs, so...

Best wishes finding your perfect protein bar. And be careful with protein bars...they're a hidden slider food. Easy to overindulge:)

I like the Medifast Crunch Bars. 110 calories, 11 g Protein, 13 g carbs

Yes definitely be careful, they can be sliders for many people.

I like Quest bars and Power Crunch. I also like the new costco ones that are similar to quest but the Kirkland brand.

And now that I’m at goal and eat more carb I like Perfect Bars and RX Bars.

I second Quest Bars for low carb/high Protein. Also, taste wise the are among the best

I like DNX bars and Epic Bars are good but not as good as DNX. They are made with meat and vegetables. Low carb and sugar but I don’t think they have as much Protein as the others described. The DNX bar I have been getting is the grass fed beef, sweet potato, fennel. It has 11 grams of protein, 160 calories, 5 grams sugar, 7 grams carb, 1 gram dietary Fiber - but made from food.

Grass Fed Beef, Organic Medjool Dates, Powdered Egg Whites, Organic Sweet Potato powder, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Dried Goji Berries, Organic Spices, Organic Ground Fennel Seed, Organic Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Organic Sacha Inchi Powder, Celery juice Powder (celery powder, sea salt), Organic Moringa Oleifera Powder.

Sounded so good until I saw the fennel. I loathe anything licorish or anise👎 ,👎 maketh me hurl!😖

Most Protein Bars are secretly loaded with carbs and sugars. And most taste crappy.

But i like the taste of pure Protein bars. I actually recently used their Cookies and cream flavor and broke it up and added it to halo top cookie dough ice cream for a treat. It was awesome and low calorie.

Most Protein Bars are secretly loaded with carbs and sugars. And most taste crappy.

But i like the taste of pure Protein bars. I actually recently used their Cookies and cream flavor and broke it up and added it to halo top cookie dough ice cream for a treat. It was awesome and low calorie.

Those have quite a few carbs as well, but maybe you count net carbs? Anyway the OP is on liquids and puréed foods do not quite there yet—

IMG_7674.JPG

Those have quite a few carbs as well, but maybe you count net carbs? Anyway the OP is on liquids and puréed foods do not quite there yet—

IMG_7674.JPG.ca343736d7798df101b9a251f885bb5e.JPG

Oh no to clarify i know it has carbs- i just don't care because the only time i eat them is when i put it in halo top ice cream as a rare treat. ( to me it just taste better than all the other ones i've tried) I don't eat Protein bars regularly, most of them taste awful to me, but whatever works for anyone else works too.