Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most embarrassing diet/exercise product you've ever bought?

The Gazelle! Sounds fun, doesn't it? I mean...look at that guy smiling! I had one. God help me.
Gazelle.jpg.ad63eebd9f7af75d40b5b1bbe46307cd.jpg

Me too! I was in college and saved for MONTHS. Then barely used it.

HW: 282.2 lbs
SW: 256.4 lbs
CW: 169.6 lbs

I always wondered if those inversion machines and tables made your nose bleed? Also the guy on that Gazelle is Tony Little. Saw him a while back on either QVC or HSN selling something so he's still vibrantly alive!😉

6 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I remember doing some weird powder that you were supposed to sprinkle on your food...there were different kinds for sweet stuff and savory stuff....and it was supposed to make you fill up faster and feel fuller?

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? LOLOLOL. I can't remember!

You were supposed to lose 30 pounds in six months.

The government got a big fraud settlement and paid the people who bought it....I got a settlement check in the mail like two years after I tried it.

sensa-ad.jpg?resize=630,870&ssl=1

@Creekimp13 is this it? Get a gym body without the gym...Sensa..lol

Link about their law suit https://www.nutritionunplugged.com/2014/01/sensa-set-back-ftc-takes-action-sprinkle-diet/

5 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Well I didn't actually buy it, my mama did. She's been dead 15 years so it doesn't hurt to rat her out. Back in the late 50s-60s there was an item called Ayds. It was a caramel type diet candy. You chewed 1 up, after 20 minutes you drank a cup of warmish, almost hot Water, no tea, no coffee, just warm bland water.After 30 more minutes you could eat a meal. The theory was the candy expanded in your stomach and you wouldn't eat as much. She spent,$10 of Daddy's hard earned money on this, a box about the size of a candy covered cherry box. Made the manufacturers pockets full and a lot of people's wallets thinner.😭

I am laughing so hard at the commercial for this product.

14 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

The Gazelle! Sounds fun, doesn't it? I mean...look at that guy smiling! I had one. God help me.

Gazelle.jpg

Don't knock the Gazelle... :)

I still use mine to get in some exercise since I don't have room in my house for a treadmill.

I remember working out to Sweatin' to the Oldies with my mom when I was younger. Wonderful times! Any time I hear some of those oldies songs, it makes me think of STTO. "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"....I still remember some of the moves! :)

Edited by kordie

I have a confession. I went to a clinic where were given appetite suppressants and some injection that we were supposed to inject ourselves every week. Supposedly it contained some hormone that was supposed to aid in boosting metabolism. The appetite suppressants worked for a while but I stayed awake all night, every night. The injection was useless and I kept gaining weight.

My walk of shame was the phen/phen diet.

8 hours ago, jenn1 said:
15 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I remember doing some weird powder that you were supposed to sprinkle on your food...there were different kinds for sweet stuff and savory stuff....and it was supposed to make you fill up faster and feel fuller?

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? LOLOLOL. I can't remember!

You were supposed to lose 30 pounds in six months.

The government got a big fraud settlement and paid the people who bought it....I got a settlement check in the mail like two years after I tried it.

sensa-ad.jpg?resize=630,870&ssl=1

@Creekimp13 is this it? Get a gym body without the gym...Sensa..lol

Yep....that's it.

*hangs head and shakes it in shame* LOL:)

1 hour ago, Mattymatt said:

My walk of shame was the phen/phen diet.

Me too. It was nice while the weight was off, but man a person didn't sleep at night.

Since the statue of limitations has long expired, I admit to trying speed (Black Betties, I think) back in my 20s to control my appetite. They did nothing for me. However, if marijuana were legal where I live, that might be my go to. Not only do I not get the munchies, I don't care if I never eat again! Oh, for the days of my wayward youth!

I did the "Special K" diet, what in the world made me think eating Cereal for 3 meals a day was going to help me loose weight?

Also, I bought one of those waist slimming belts. At the time it had me sold on "Sweat off the pounds while you workout, sit at your desk, or wear it around the house" or "traps body heat while compressing fat cells in the body using high-tech synthetic polymer to promote weight loss".....

Yep... walk of shame.

OMG here we go:

PEN/PEN

HealthFast ( a liquid diet, 3 shakes a day nothing else) I did this for 7 months and lost 60 pounds and most of my hair and gained it all back, ok my hair took awhile.

I went to a clinic where they wrap you in saran wrap and you sweat then they compare your measurements before and after and they tell you that you lost inches....I thought so LOL

HCG Shots - yep took these damn shots everyday for months along with a 500 calorie diet, yes I lost weight but guess what, yep gained it all back.

Oh yay my mom bought me those Ayds chewable's to.....

What have I done to myself????

My late MIL was a pusher for the Grapefruit diet, she was certain the grapefuit cells got in your bloodstream, and just like Pac Man they went around chomping up cholesterol particles. Grapefruit juice is a diuretic, sure she lost some weight, she peed constantly, it was all Water. Also, she believed you would never gain weight if you stood up while eating. Calories go out the soles of your feet? She stood over us all at family dinners, a 5ft2in vulture nearly dumping food, on top of an unsuspecting family member. I lived in fear of spaghetti,or beef and,noodles as a bath when I least wanted it. The Ayds I mentioned before? We lost the first box when my cousin came to visit, decided weight loss might be good for her also, chopped down the rest of the box and threw up all over the bathroom. Guess who got to clean it up? If exercise is good for weight loss I lost a couple pounds that day! I also was on an oatmeal diet, 3 big bowls a day,with saccharin, wonder I can stand the sight of it. It also got rid of everything in your bowels, over and over again. Tried the push up diet and I realized portions of me hit the ground first, sort of a dangle-skmoosh motion.

This thread is hilarious! I used to do sweating to the oldies with my mom, but I'm super uncoordinated and couldn't keep up with most of Richard's moves! Sizzle, I could do. Haha :) I get most of my cardio on the treadmill these days. I suppose the silliest things I used to think were healthy choices include drinking loads of diet coke and taking a stroll ... to the ice cream parlor.