Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Yeah it was good fun. None of the REAL fancy dealers let you near their cars, they're all roped off (lamborghini, ferarri, maserati etc) and the nicer cars I like (Audi, Mercedes and BMW) weren't there this year, which was a big let down. So it was mostly just run of the mill "see them on the street every day" kind they had. But it was a nice weekend away all the same.

And yes! Perth is days away from where I am. Polar ends of the country in fact! I've never been to Perth, but I have heard it is an amazingly beautiful city, I bet your brother is loving it! (and even with an American husband, I still have to ask where is "this" US state? Geography was NEVER a strong point for me haha)

Uh yeah, the sad thing is that I'm sure there are plenty of Americans that couldn't place all 50 states!!! A close gf is originally from Uruguay (but now a proud US citizen!) and laughs at how pathetic I am with world geography!!!

I can place all 50 states (though the northeast is tricky) but am not 100% that I could place all of the European countries I've been to! :thumbup: Oh well!

PS - it's 2:24am - why am I awake? Doh!

Edited by SickNTired
added PS

*waves at SNT* Where in Perth is your brother based? I'm a Perth girl and just have to say (especially to She Smiles) WEST IS BEST!! :thumbup: If you want, I can give him some recommendations for places to go, things to see.

Do people with sleeves have the same issue as RNY'ers that the stomach can expand if you push it?

It is my understanding that they use the part of the stomach that is not stretchy. We will find out how well that works as more people get the sleeve.

WOW!! You go away for three days and the thread grows by leaps and bounds! So, catching up on all the discussions:

LJM - Congrats on the bandiversary

Plain as a gun-toting Ken doll - the imagery is ... interesting.

Shopping at Target - alas no Target around me. Love going where there are Target stores.

Ding Dongs and HoHos - blech!

Happy Birthday to Alex.

Learning to eat, Mac? Hope you are healing well.

It's a beautiful Sunday morning - no traffic on the road, the sun is not yet up, the coffee is hot and (for a pleasant change) the cats are not decorating my lap or the desk.

How are the puppies, L? New pics to show?

Geography - I am always disgusted when I meet my fellow citizens who can't locate most of the states, or identify what our neighbors North or South have as geographic organizations (forget political structures or knowledge of their culture, etc). And as for international locations...sad, really. For a fun/depressing time, take any online geography test...

*waves at SNT* Where in Perth is your brother based? I'm a Perth girl and just have to say (especially to She Smiles) WEST IS BEST!! :crying: If you want, I can give him some recommendations for places to go, things to see.

He is actually working in Sydney but is visiting Perth for a business reason. I need to find out how long he will even been in Perth b/c I am not sure! I will definitely ask him though, thanks! :eek:

PS - MommaMac - I am, in no way, berating your decision. I just know nothing about the sleeve!)

You owe it to yourself to research ALL the surgery options. They are going to cut into your body and make some big changes. You need to be sure you picked the right surgery type for you.

It is my understanding that they use the part of the stomach that is not stretchy. We will find out how well that works as more people get the sleeve.

[/color]

Yeah, they cut off the greater curvature which is designed to stretch when you put food into it. The stuff that remains does stretch out a *tiny* bit over the first year from the size at surgery time. It goes from 3-4 oz. to about 4-5 oz. (Though in the beginning when everything is swollen, you are lucky to get in 1-2 oz.)

In the 5 year data that LapSF has been going around presenting to various groups, they have found that regain happens to about 10% of patients with a BMI under 55 and 15% for the higher BMI patients. Compared to about 25% with RnY.

Posting just to post... because I haven't in a couple days.

I am also voting for "That One".

:crying:

]I am also voting for "That One".

You idiot! Everyone knows "The Other One" is better! :crying:

You idiot! Everyone knows "The Other One" is better! :)

Please tell me you're kidding by calling Lil an "idiot"!!!

Edited by SickNTired

PJTP: *RUNS AROUND HOUSE* I got an appointment with the hospital people tomorrow! What should I wear? I think my corset with neon green lacing is out....how about my skull hoodie with bondage pants? I totally can slip in some weights in the pockets.:)

PJTP: Thinking of bleaching my hair again. I want to dye it dark red, but I hate when it turns pink. Purple might be nice. Had teal before, but washed out quickly. *PONDERING*

MacMadame and WASabubblebutt: I've been researching on different surgeries (RNY: no. I like innards. DS: Again, like innards and don't like being gassy.) I saw that I hadn't researched the sleeve, but I looked it up and got some info and now I'm wondering if I should get it. Since you had a band (and, I believe, WASabubblebutt) and got sleeved after, which one would you go with now that you've had both, if you could choose again.

Edited by joeyramonesgirl
cna't sepl

Thanks for that information Mac. This night time reflux makes me never want to get another fill so the band is not working up to it's maximum potential for me.