Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I don't know MacMadame. I would love to be in your place right now; I'm just starting and I wish I had this surgery yesterday! Sorry it's not as fun though.

PJTP: I kicked DDR butt today! I was on basic, level 6 and 7 and completed three hard venues! WHOO go me!

PJTP: Consoler tomorrow! Then I have a pre meeting with people for the band on MONDAY!!!*RUNS AROUND HOUSE JUMPING FOR JOY*

PJTP: Can you tell I'm super tired? Ya. I'm going to bed people. Night-night!:)

Ugh, I keep eating too fast. Mushies isn't turning out to be as much fun as I thought it would be.

Sucks @ first, until you figure it out Mac. Luckily the learning curve is fairly steep.

Sucks @ first, until you figure it out Mac. Luckily the learning curve is fairly steep.

Yeah, I told my surgeon I was going to have problems with this. But then I forgot all about it. Until it happened.

I'm not one that responds well to negative reinforcement so I think that's part of the problem.

Mac I am glad you are around so I can ask you questions as you get farther away from surgery. I am considering at some point having my band removed and getting a sleeve. Having a band around my stomach scares me. (Especially if I go into the complications section of he board) I actually talked a friend out of getting the band and getting a sleeve.

Posting to post

My bf bought a huge mr.goodbar home from the store...not the king sized the giant one....WTF? I can't believe him...I gave it to my son....

Mac I am glad you are around so I can ask you questions as you get farther away from surgery. I am considering at some point having my band removed and getting a sleeve. Having a band around my stomach scares me. (Especially if I go into the complications section of he board) I actually talked a friend out of getting the band and getting a sleeve.

Wha wha wha?!? You're a moderator on LBT and are scared of having a band? Ack, I don't need to hear this days before surgery!

Wha wha wha?!? You're a moderator on LBT and are scared of having a band? Ack, I don't need to hear this days before surgery!

Sick, I have no desire to ever sleeve if that helps you! :thumbup:

Sick, I have no desire to ever sleeve if that helps you! :smile2:

Thank you, BBK! I don't need to panic this close to surgery!!!!

I went to Wally World for supplies today. I am so not a fan of that place! I got 3 different brands of Protein Shakes, SF popsicles, Gas X, wirefree bra, liquid Tylenol, and turlet paper b/c yanno, I'm weird and prefer TP over sandpaper. :thumbup:

Mac I am glad you are around so I can ask you questions as you get farther away from surgery. I am considering at some point having my band removed and getting a sleeve. Having a band around my stomach scares me.

But if it continues to work for you....

Even in that scary Swedish study-- that I find suspect --where they had 40% requiring re-surgery by the 10 year mark, that means 60% didn't. So more than half were fine. Plus I think that the real number is probably closer to 25%.

Plus, once you have a band, it's really slippage and erosion that are the biggies. Those rates are much lower. They were high enough that I didn't want one put in, but are definitely not high enough to take out a functioning band IMO.

I am sorry if I scared you SickNTired. My band is just fine. I am just a worry wart. It's like Mac said, slippage and erosion are possible and I am sure you must know that. I should stay out of the complications section of this board.

I had just never heard of the sleeve when I got my band. I just like the idea of never having to worry about a fill ever again.

I should stay out of the complications section of this board.

Everyone should. Well, except when you are first researching to get an idea what kind of complications are possible. But after that...

I had just never heard of the sleeve when I got my band.

That's why people who have them bring them up. It's one thing to look into it and say "that's not for me", but it's another to find out *afterwards* that there are more surgery types than RnY and Lap Band. That really sucks.

Geez it was quiet around here the last couple of days! Are you people out having lives or something??

I'm posting to say I'm back from Sydney! Hi all!!

I totally agree. I knew the RNY was just too scary for me, but I never even knew a sleeve was an option.

I had just never heard of the sleeve when I got my band. I just like the idea of never having to worry about a fill ever again.

Do people with sleeves have the same issue as RNY'ers that the stomach can expand if you push it? My gf that had RNY is definitely gaining weight and she's 3-4 years out. I guess I like that I can continue to have fills if I start gaining years out. Is that naive?

(PS - MommaMac - I am, in no way, berating your decision. I just know nothing about the sleeve!)

Geez it was quiet around here the last couple of days! Are you people out having lives or something??

I'm posting to say I'm back from Sydney! Hi all!!

Hiiiiiii She! Did you have fun? Did you get in trouble for drooling on said 'spensive vehicles?

Did I tell you that my brother is in Perth? Typical geographically challenged American - I looked it up and found that it couldn't be farther from Sydney! The trip is for work so he's getting a free trip which makes him very happy! :thumbup: