Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Congratulations, Grandma Denise!!!

yummie Marjon .. Thanks That Recipe Sounds Delish! I Will Have To Try It This Weekend. It Looks Kind Of High In Fat Though, Is It Band Friendly? Will It Make My Tickler To Go Higher?

Fried tripe is band friendly. In fact, the last tripe I bought actually came with a lap band on it. I guess the rancher was trying to slim down the cattle to make that popular 7% fat hamburger meat, so all the cattle were fitted with lap bands. They were feeding the cows with Protein drinks made from that same cow's milk, so it was really a low-cost operation. Unfortunately they forgot to remove the bovine lap bands from the tripe before they sold it. It was pretty startling to find the lap band in my fried tripe. I thought to myself, "wait a menudo, this tripe is tough." Let's just say the whole experience gave a new meaning to the phrase "chew, chew, chew."

I hate not knowing if I will be able to tolerate my experimental recipes ... I am a cook by hobby and some schoolin ...

I still want to know what NMU means. Wah!

I wanna know too!!!

wait wait wait I know I know I know

Non Masticating Unicorn ...

yup .. thats it .... *snort*

No rant. Just wanted to post.

Carol! You kill me sometimes! :tongue: BTW...how R U feeling since surgery? (Sorry...I couldn't resist! I NEVER use "R U"! :) My kids do that and it is truly annoying.)

I don't know why IOW and OTOH and stuff like that isn't annoying but U and UR is. But it just is! :)

The abbreviations I Like are DD and DH. We can't keep track of everyone's DD or DH's name, but we know who we are talking about.

My DD make me a grandma last night. It was the most beautiful experience!:tt1::thumbup:

Congratulations Denise!!!!!!!! Have fun watching that little one grow. :smile:

Fried tripe is band friendly. In fact, the last tripe I bought actually came with a lap band on it. I guess the rancher was trying to slim down the cattle to make that popular 7% fat hamburger meat, so all the cattle were fitted with lap bands. They were feeding the cows with Protein Drinks made from that same cow's milk, so it was really a low-cost operation. Unfortunately they forgot to remove the bovine lap bands from the tripe before they sold it. It was pretty startling to find the lap band in my fried tripe. I thought to myself, "wait a menudo, this tripe is tough." Let's just say the whole experience gave a new meaning to the phrase "chew, chew, chew."

but did you count the calories in the lapband? You have to put it on the scales, and fish have scales, and I hate fish, except for the kind that is in Water.< /p>

It's one of those replies... Not Much, U?

It actually hurt me to type it out. You should be extremely sorry for making me do that. hahahaha. Juuuuuuuuuust kidding.

Oh, and in reference to the banded cow...*blinks a little* I've got nothing... lol.

Oh, and in reference to the banded cow...*blinks a little* I've got nothing... lol.

oh i have a response to that but it's totally inappropriate and even though i'd be talking about myself, someone would find offense to it ... :thumbup:

oh i have a response to that but it's totally inappropriate and even though i'd be talking about myself, someone would find offense to it ... :thumbup:

No one here is sensitive:tt2: