Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Heartfire, I had an unfortunate experience after camping where my son left the car window open and a racoon got in the car. It was eating Cookies and had dumped a kerosene latern in the car. I had a hard time getting it out (open the door and running, lol). It took more than a year of cleanings before the car lost that oh so fragrant kerosene scent.

If I am in the same room with my baby and sneeze she is awake for an hour or more, lol. It makes me nuts :0)

Yep, gotta be careful with the raccoons. They use dog and cat doors to get in the house! Hasn't happened to us but grandpa used to have frequent visitors. At our old house I had the entire deck covered with flower pots and I had a 3 tiered fountain amongst some of the plants. Came out one AM to find the damn 'coons had up-rooted just about every pot I had and "washed" them off in the fountain! Good thing the fountain wasn't running or it would've mucked up the system. Most of the plants survived b/c they were sitting in water! But damn what a mess!

This one last night was a good 20-25 lbs! HUGE. They usually run about 10-15 or so on average.

DD is 3 and in our room b/c her's is downstairs and it's all torn up in a very long remodel process. It amazes me what she WILL sleep thru. The dog had been going at it off and on for awhile so I knew it was just a matter of time before she woke up.

OK I'm confused. Why in the world would we want to post onto a HUGE thread that has such goings on previously; esp when it can load very slowly b/c of its size? Why would Alex want anyone to be able to read all that? :(

Well he doesn't want everyone to read ALL of it b/c a couple of my more brash posts from the other night are missing. Go figure!

Ok folks, I'm back... missed you all too much to stay away long. I just had the most wonderful romantic night for my birthday!

I'm so glad you're back, Fanny. And your b-day celebration sounds absolutely wonderful!

Michelle~ Racoons are scary - mean little buggers! They love Cheez-its and tried to attack DH and I many years ago when we were camping. Glad you and DD were able to sleep in a little.

PJTP: I am planning on a 5-6 mile run tomorrow. See how the weather is and what direction the smoke is blowing. We have been getting heavy smoke from a fire south of us, no fun to run and breathe that in!

Yep, gotta watch 'em. Especially in camping areas and/or National Parks. They are REALLY used to people and the food and have no fear. Very dangerous when that happens. Kinda like our bears here in the Park.

Hope you have a good run. Be careful with the smoke tho! Hadn't heard about any fires near you. Where abouts?

Crazy. PJTP isn't the same....

I get it Sick. I really do. And actually the whole site doesn't seem to be the same. I'm struggling right now.

I think I understand how you feel, SNT - for me, it's not the same either without all my other friends, but I'm not quite ready to leave LBT yet, and I'm hoping that having PJTP here again will help some others that may not be ready to leave either.

What she said. We'll have to see tho.

PJTP: Starting to develop some cold sores on my lower lip. Very painful! Stress on the ol' body/mind will do that to me every time. Between the trip and getting the flu, band area getting too swollen, not eating or really even drinking for a whole week, then the drama on here, the drama at work when I got back (btw, the safe is open now!), etc., it's no wonder I'm starting these things. Actually haven't had any for awhile but darn if they aren't trying now! Too much in too little time!

Seems like I've been home a lot longer than just a week!

DD and I had a quiet day today. I actually let her watch cartoons ALL day/evening! Except for 1/2 an hour at 5 so I could catch the news. I don't let her do that too often but we've been going so much lately and there's been so much going on, I figure it wouldn't hurt. We didn't go anywhere or do anything! Very nice!

Tomorrow a local Alpaca Farm is having it's annual open house and I've not been able to go as of yet, so I think we're going to go over to that. There's also a craft's fair at the lake that we might wander thru. Low key day none the less. Tho I do need to throw a load of laundry in at some point.

Have a good night everyone!

hey y'all-----I'll be back, but it is midnight here, and I have a long day of cutting and hauling firewood tomorrow, so I am off to bed.

See ya soon.

If you are waiting for info on G4E from me, please PM me and let me know I have not got you informed yet please....I should have made a list of who I contacted and who I didn't.....but I didn't! So now I have no clue.

Let me know!

Good morning. Hoping for a very low key day! A little bit of mowing and house cleaning, but nothing else on the agenda.

DS is off with his best buddy to watch the Oregon game today. They should have fun! DD will be at the OSU game today. Hope she has a blast, it is their first Pac 10 game and all the kids are back at school - should be fun for her!

Woke up to a ton of smoke, wish the wind would change directions. It is really annoying! I want to run, so I will see if the wind changes directions this afternoon and maybe head up to the mountains. Michelle - not sure exactly where the fire is, but it is coming from the south, think it is in the Gilchrist area.

hey y'all-----I'll be back, but it is midnight here, and I have a long day of cutting and hauling firewood tomorrow, so I am off to bed.

See ya soon.

If you are waiting for info on G4E from me, please PM me and let me know I have not got you informed yet please....I should have made a list of who I contacted and who I didn't.....but I didn't! So now I have no clue.

Let me know!

Kat, sent you a PM. Hope this trip is uneventful but productive!

Good morning. Hoping for a very low key day! A little bit of mowing and house cleaning, but nothing else on the agenda.

DS is off with his best buddy to watch the Oregon game today. They should have fun! DD will be at the OSU game today. Hope she has a blast, it is their first Pac 10 game and all the kids are back at school - should be fun for her!

Woke up to a ton of smoke, wish the wind would change directions. It is really annoying! I want to run, so I will see if the wind changes directions this afternoon and maybe head up to the mountains. Michelle - not sure exactly where the fire is, but it is coming from the south, think it is in the Gilchrist area.

Kristen, LOVE the low-key days! Hopefully the wind changes direction and you can get out for your run.

PJTP: Woke up with itchy eyes this AM. I think it's the weather.

BBL

Ebony -- maybe we could post a note on this thread what the new thread name is and then have Alex close this one again. It does take a long time to load and that would let anyone who wanted to find the new thread the opportunity?? I don't know.....

Suzy, you might have a good point. It just doesn't seem the same anymore. Maybe we just need to move on from THIS thread.

I've left the one open that I started in R&R in case we want to move over there. I've had the offer of closing it but am holding off til we ALL decide what we want to do.

Ebony?

Others?

What do you all think?

PJTP: Looking like another lazy day!

Just checking in for the day, dinner was wonderful!! The lasagna went over quite nice along with the 2 dump cakes I made. I sent a ton of left overs home with everyone.

As far as the hair goes I ran out of time yesterday to do it and today I'm just plain pooped! I guess I will have to wait and do it tomarrow. I don't know why but I have no energy at all today, oh well I'm on vacation so I guess its okay.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Bernadette:cool:

Bernadette, I am so glad your dinner went well. As far as the tiredness, you are probably just worn out from the stress of yesterday. Get some rest.:(

Just checking in for the day, dinner was wonderful!! The lasagna went over quite nice along with the 2 dump cakes I made. I sent a ton of left overs home with everyone.

As far as the hair goes I ran out of time yesterday to do it and today I'm just plain pooped! I guess I will have to wait and do it tomarrow. I don't know why but I have no energy at all today, oh well I'm on vacation so I guess its okay.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Bernadette:cool:

Glad to hear it was wonderful! Sorry you didn't get a chance at your hair. Rest, you deserve it!

Bernadette, I am so glad your dinner went well. As far as the tiredness, you are probably just worn out from the stress of yesterday. Get some rest.:tongue2:

What she said!

PJTP: Another low key day. I have a load of laundry in the wash and that's all I've gotten done today! We didn't even get to the Alpaca Farm. We'll try again next year.

My mom is coming to visit tomorrow. :( She'll leave on Tuesday afternoon.

Have a good night!

Krtork

Hey I just noticed that you are from Bend, I work for Les Schwab. I actually work in Bellevue, I have been with them over 10 years, love it!!

Bernadette

Bernadette, did you save any of that lasagna?

PJTP...

It's definately MONDAY! :frown2:

I'm not feeling my best today - too much outside activity on the weekend, perhaps? I have a headache, sore throat, and body aches...just hoping it's not the flu!

Had a wonderful day Saturday - went to NYC for the day. A football game in the early part of the day, walked around the city and had dinner, then went to see Cedric the Entertainer with DH at the Beacon Theatre.

The Beacon Theatre is GORGEOUS! Lots of gold leaf, intricate carvings, kind of an egyptian motif. I'll see if I can get a pic off my iPhone and post it...

My DH had the most interesting (yet gross to me) appetizer - Octopus! He thought it was wonderful...I couldn't get past the LOOK of it!

I had the chicken Alfredo - now I know why they call it a heart-attack-on-a-plate! I try to eat fairly clean, but you could just see the butter and cream oozing out of this dish - the chicken was good though, and since I have "Jillian" my band to help keep me in control, I ate mostly chicken and only a little of the pasta:

All in all, it was a wonderful day - a belated anniversary celebration (our actual anniversary is August 23 - 19 years). We had a good time, didn't get home until 2 am, and had to get up at 7 am for church!

Taking it easy today - I guess this little cold virus (or whatever it is) is my body telling me I've over-done it a bit and time to sit down for a while. Luckily, I have tons of homework to do and exams to prepare for, plus loads of laundry to get done...off to get started.

Everyone have a wonderful day!:smile2:

P.S. Regarding moving on to a new PJTP thread...I'm up for whatever - if the majority of posters here want to move on, I'll definately go with ya! You're a part of my online family, so whither thou goest, there go I!:smile2:

post-246008-13813138755007_thumb.jpg

post-246008-1381313875546_thumb.jpg

post-246008-13813138755901_thumb.jpg

PJTP: I will catch with all of you later.

I had a very, very sad morning. I woke up to find our oldest dog had passed away! Very sad, going home from school at lunch to drop her off for cremation. Trying to figure out how to tell DD since she is off at school and I know that she will be a mess when she finds out - I don't want to ruin her first week!

BBL!

So sorry for your loss... :sleep:

Hey Pooly, my FB game playing buddy, hehehe

Plain my Mafia buddy,

Know what you mean, I got a nasty message the other day from someone who friended me on FB just to have me as a neighbor or sister for FB apps. She wanted to know wth I was. I had to set her straight... gave her ample time to figure out who I was. Now tonight when I go home I'll have the awesome pleasure of removing her and deleting her from my apps. :smile2:

Did I also mention that I colored my hair yesterday? Well I have always been a red head so I tried a new brand and voila!!! I have purplish colored hair, never and I do mean NEVER change brands! I'm going to re-color it again today before the troops get here!

Have a great day!!

Bernadette

Got a deep conditioner on hand? Do the color, put the conditioner in, put a plastic cap on (or a grocery bag in a pinch), let it sit for 30 minutes while you do other stuff, then rinse it out and style as usual. Try to go easy on heat until it has a chance to recover...I would air-dry if you have time...

Good luck with the dinner party! :smile2:

I was just going to suggest this. I always do a deep conditioning a few days after coloring and I was my hair. I use L'Oreal Deep conditioner with Sunflower oil. It works great.

I'm so glad we are back in business!! Good to see everyone!!

Yes it is very nice!

We just have to remind ourselves why we are here. For support. I hate what happened, but I will try not to let it get in the way of this website that it was designed for. I was in no way directly involved in any of it, and I do not share the views of any one. Therefore I won't be punished by missing out on something I really enjoy! Just thought I'd get it out there.

I'd thought long about just vacating LBT because it got so very ugly here. I was really offended by alot that happened even though it was not happening to me personally. It was happening to people who I considered friends for a long time, and I've been here since Sept. of 2007! I've gotten to know many people over the last two years.

However, if I were to just run off that would be wrong of me. Many people look for me when I'm absent and they look to me for support just as much as I look to them.

I just really hope we can move on and forget what happened. Take this as a learning experience on what NOT to do.

PJTP: Completely forgot an NSV from the dr appt the other day. Haven't been able to take my BP med all week so figured it'd be a little high when they took it on Wed. Well, it was 101/72!!!!! WhooHoo! I'll keep monitoring it but I'm going to e-mail my PCP and let him know I'm off of it and don't plan to restart it any time soon! Eventually I'll probably have to go back on it b/c of BOTH sides of my family history but hopefully not for a good long time!

Great NSV!! Just make sure you tell your doctor right away though. I tried to do this and my Doc had my hyde. She told me you're supposed to regressively (is this even a word???) stop BP medication...

Well he doesn't want everyone to read ALL of it b/c a couple of my more brash posts from the other night are missing. Go figure!

I'm so glad you're back, Fanny. And your b-day celebration sounds absolutely wonderful!

PJTP: Starting to develop some cold sores on my lower lip. Very painful! Stress on the ol' body/mind will do that to me every time. Between the trip and getting the flu, band area getting too swollen, not eating or really even drinking for a whole week, then the drama on here, the drama at work when I got back (btw, the safe is open now!), etc., it's no wonder I'm starting these things. Actually haven't had any for awhile but darn if they aren't trying now! Too much in too little time!

Seems like I've been home a lot longer than just a week!

I think it's best to delete all those posts. They aren't serving any good purpose for the website really and it would be fantastic if we could all play nicely from here on.

Also, just a simple request from all my friends here, *please* anything personal, take it to PM's. Thanks.

I second that! Glad you're back Fanny!! Glad you had a wonderful Birthday. :angry:

Heartfire I hope you get well soon! Coldsores... ouch!!

Ebony -- maybe we could post a note on this thread what the new thread name is and then have Alex close this one again. It does take a long time to load and that would let anyone who wanted to find the new thread the opportunity?? I don't know.....

Well, as long as people are still posting here, I'll post here too. I don't come around all that much, but still. If everyone posts somewhere else, I'll go there too! Wherever the wind blows!!

PJTP...

It's definately MONDAY! :frown2: <<<Hehe!! I took the liberty of changing your emoticon!!~ ;-)

I'm not feeling my best today - too much outside activity on the weekend, perhaps? I have a headache, sore throat, and body aches...just hoping it's not the flu!

Had a wonderful day Saturday - went to NYC for the day. A football game in the early part of the day, walked around the city and had dinner, then went to see Cedric the Entertainer with DH at the Beacon Theatre.

The Beacon Theatre is GORGEOUS! Lots of gold leaf, intricate carvings, kind of an egyptian motif. I'll see if I can get a pic off my iPhone and post it...

[ATTACH]17737[/ATTACH]

My DH had the most interesting (yet gross to me) appetizer - Octopus! He thought it was wonderful...I couldn't get past the LOOK of it!

[ATTACH]17736[/ATTACH]

I had the chicken Alfredo - now I know why they call it a heart-attack-on-a-plate! I try to eat fairly clean, but you could just see the butter and cream oozing out of this dish - the chicken was good though, and since I have "Jillian" my band to help keep me in control, I ate mostly chicken and only a little of the pasta:

[ATTACH]17735[/ATTACH]

All in all, it was a wonderful day - a belated anniversary celebration (our actual anniversary is August 23 - 19 years). We had a good time, didn't get home until 2 am, and had to get up at 7 am for church!

Taking it easy today - I guess this little cold virus (or whatever it is) is my body telling me I've over-done it a bit and time to sit down for a while. Luckily, I have tons of homework to do and exams to prepare for, plus loads of laundry to get done...off to get started.

Everyone have a wonderful day!:unsure:

P.S. Regarding moving on to a new PJTP thread...I'm up for whatever - if the majority of posters here want to move on, I'll definately go with ya! You're a part of my online family, so whither thou goest, there go I!:crying:

Those all look delish!! :rant: