Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Reminds me Rho... Just traded out my plate from when I was a teen.. Have them in the garage now...

Oregon plate "devlish" if anyone is looking for some customer plates here rofl.

I also have Brands since in the state of oregon you cannot have a plate that says Brandy as it promotes drinking and driving. Go figure.

PJTP...Catching up...this is gonna be a long one...:laugh:

Thanks guys. I had it checked about 2 months ago. It was 115/82 at that time with the medicine. I go back again next week to have it all evaluated again. They always ask me if I have felt bad after taking it. This is the first time that I can remember feeling like this though. I will watch it for the next day or so. If I continue to feel bad, I will see if I can be seen sooner than the 28th. Thanks both of you for caring.:wub:

Sounds like your meds need an adjustment...I haven't yet had to adjust my bp meds, but I think the time is coming. With my last fill I've been eating less and I think the meds might start making me loopy...

Well, we can't lose our Slim.

Is that a typical reaction to possibly having too much BP meds in the system? I don't know much about BP... I'm guessing the number you gave is high, which means the meds would bring you "down." If your numbers are now lower and you didn't know it, they would bring you "down" to the point of lethargy...? Do I pass? :biggrin:

That's pretty good, Beth...and I think it could be true in Slim's case...

Slims BP is close to normal. The systolic, (top number) is in fact normal. The diastolic )bottom number) is slightly elevated---WITH medication. So in my experience of years on BP meds, a change may be in order, they use different types of meds to alter each reading-------they can use beta blockers, or Calcium channel blockers, or simple diuretics---for example to lower certain aspects of the blood pressure.

Knew Kat would have the answer...she's good!

Mine was the same way, it was ALWAYS my diastolic reading that was high. As I lost my weight, I was eventually taken off of one pill, and remained on my diuretic for a long time. Finally even the diastolic dropped below the 75---and I got off the meds all together, and now with no medication it runs anywhere from 70-80.

We spent another day hauling wood. I am so tired, it is ridiculous, but it was excellent exercise I keep telling myself!

I hear ya on that...our wood guys deliver to the driveway, then we stack outside and bring a certain amount inside for ease of use. It's definately a workout - ranks pretty high on my Bodybugg's calorie burn rate!

We heat almost exclusively with wood through the winter, while it is cheaper, it is such a different heat, we both just like it better! We have a very nice wood stove, it has the catlytic converter thing in it, it burns its own smoke, there is hardly any ash, and very little if any smoke visible when it is burning.

I need to investigate that catalytic converter issue - ours is new to us - we installed it last year and love it, but the idea of making it more efficient (burning it's own smoke, reduction in ash) sounds really good - what model do you have? Do you know if the catalytic converter can be added to an existing fireplace/ wood stove?

Neither of our parents have such efficient burning stoves. My folks have an insert in a fireplace, and his have an old woodstove. So we haul a lot of wood for them. Plus our kids were out getting theirs.

It was a fun time, the kids all laughed and had fun....think there were times some of the in law kids felt they were laughing more than they were working!!!

I took a rotisserie chicken, along with all the food we all took out, and I snacked on chicken, and was so proud of myself, until someone opened the Doritos---there went my good intentions!

The chicken sounds really good - though with my recent fill, chicken is off the menu for a little while...

Now if the ice cream in the freezer would quit calling me I could relax......

Mmmm...ice cream....

I think Doritos are almost as bad as the Cheetos. I can't resist either but will always go for the Cheetos first!

For me, it's Bugles (regular flavor) or crunchy Cheetos...they both are sliders for me, so I have to stay away from them!

I've been wanting ice cream today too. Luckily we don't have any. Tho right now it probably wouldn't hurt since I don't have much of anything in my system.

Hope you're feeling better very soon - tell the doc what's going on, maybe they can squeeze you in?

~Tap, have a safe trip! We'll miss you!!

What she said!

Oh and we eat applesauce all the time. With anything and everything and all by itself too! I'd love to try Lu's mom's recipe w/the onions. I've never heard of it but it sounds good!

I LOVE applesauce - especially when I can make my own...haven't done that in a while...maybe this weekend!

PJTP: Tried one of my Protein Shakes earlier and gave up after an hour and only a 1/4 of it gone. UGH!

I'll call in the AM but probably won't be able to get in til Tuesday or Wednesday. They usually do surgeries on Mondays. Still calling tho!

Squeaky wheel gets the unfill / adjustment - squeek loudly and often!

I want ice cream. Bad. Maybe tomorrow! We have to go to the grocery store so I'm thinking a small carton of something yummy should come home with us. :smile2:

Be careful with that stuff...it's addictive!:smile2:

Well, I'm off to read a book. Been trying to get thru it for awhile now and I'm almost finished with it. Takes me forever to get thru a book these days. Just don't have the time or lack of interruptions to read like I used too! :smile:

I hear ya on the reading...I miss it...I'm thinking about getting myself an Amazon Kindle as a present for finishing my Associates degree...gotta find one at a decent price. The money just isn't here right now...:crying:

'Night all! Have a beautiful Monday!

Thanks - you too!

Well Glou - I am dandy!

I am going to a work conference next week and will work the 5 nights in a row right before I leave.

I need to go find a cocktail dress/semi-formal - for the awards gala night of the convention (never really enjoy shopping - but should be interesting since I've never been down at this weight shopping for a nice dress = bat wings will be the problem!)

I have a good friend who has a similar issue with her arms - wonder why they don't make Spanx for arms? I need a few of those...my arms are kinda big too!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their monday!

OH - and I'm contemplating getting an iphone - my pocket book is not going to be happy today.....

I LOVE my iPhone...don't know what I did without it...but then I'm a serious tech junkie...:laugh:

I've said it before, KC - you are a superhero. I don't know where you find your energy! You're amazing!!!

Dresses are fun! I love getting all dressed up every now and then...but then I end up barefoot by the time the night's over.

Anyone ever heard of that country song - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off? ...well, I relate to that song well.

That's too funny - I never heard that song until DH got into country music...now I know a LOT of them...

Don't know much about iAnything. DD's got an iPod and we struggle w/the software on it. I missed some boat somewhere between the technology age I grew up in and this new one where everything starts with "i".

Just take it slow, and it will come...

Morning all. I had to practically swim to work today. The storms are so bad that some schools had to close because it would be too dangerous for them to get to school.

Gosh - be careful out there, Slim...

Kat-I hope you feel better soon.

What Slim said!

Glouc-I hope your DH feels better soon.

What Slim said!

Heartfire-don't forget to call your doctor today.

Double what Slim said!

I will check in again in a little bit. I hope that everyone has a wonderful, safe Monday.

Good Morning All!

My youngest daughter has H1N1 flu. It stinks that she is 1800 miles away. :(

Oh, I feel for ya, CC - that would just about kill me...hope she's going to be much better very soon...is there such a thing as a "mild" case? Here's praying she's got a very mild case...

She is in Texas. I sent an email to her father but have heard nothing back from him. She has a band so I am thankful she has not been vomiting. She just got home from the ER - she had a 103.5 temp. She feels terrible. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

More prayers headed her way...I know you'd love nothing more than to be by her side...

Thanks for all the kudos on my Diabetes walk, guys, I really appreciate it. Back to my training today...walked DDog this morning, will run tomorrow...

Having fun trying to figure out what size clothes to buy...depending on the manufacturer / label, I wear anything from an 18 to a 16 to a 14W...it's confusing!

Have to go file a stack of papers...TTYL! :wub:

CC - scary! Sending good wishes your way and to your DD. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Yo to everyone! Happy Monday! I'm heading to the pool, BBL.

* ebony, you have some serious stride there. afraid my short legs wouldn't get me that far - that fast if i tried.

* cc - be thinking of chelle:)

* glouc, i missed your promo as well (hangs head in shame) sorry:)

* susan/mods - i could care less who you ban and why; not my role in this setting, but i will say that i have 2 points i'd like to make.

at least 4 times i have sent alex a PM about "stuff here" ... guess how many times i've gotten word back - goose egg (and that's not my lovely pup :biggrin:)

second - where are all the mods that were here constantly???? mac/denise/elisabeth/and well you susan for that matter.??? i realize ya'll got revised - but during that absence the only mods here regularly and i don't mean hrly - have been plain & kat.

they both have day jobs & family - understood. but during that lag time, many here self modd'ed (that a word?) good / bad whatever - that's what happened. not much control - then control comes in fast;

i'm sure you can appreciate why this may be a reason why there is a touch of "well issues"...... there got that off my double D's.

Ebony- How tall are you? I can't run 6mph let alone walk it.

I agree with Lu on the mod issue. I myself have tried over and over to get a response from a mod to no avail. I think 1 time I did get a response after multiple complaints in more public of forums.

The second issue I have is if all the mods have a sleev.e move them to modding the sleeve thread. I can't possibly be the only one that think that just because you were banded for a bit that you know the entire process.

My comparison in another thread was just that... I was pregant once before 14 years ago... I have forgotten most of what it's like so that doesn't make me qualified to mod there.

This is my opinion and not a personal attack on anyone as some might take it.

Edited by Brandy~
Because someone has the grand idea of changing my word slee.ve to a hyperlink.

PJTP...Taking a break from filing (YUK)...

Ebony- How tall are you? I can't run 6mph let alone walk it.

I'm 5' 11" tall - mostly leg...and I was really trying to stretch out during the faster periods...I have a great mix of music on my iPhone - keeps me going...

It frustrates me a bit that I can WALK faster than I can RUN...something about the motion of running makes me feel out of breath so much quicker. I can't quite figure it out...I also feel my heart pounding much more when I run - though according to my Bodybugg, the calorie burn is very similar.

I could just give up on running and stick with the walking, but I just wanna know what it feels like to run flat out with that beautiful long stride I've seen on distance runners - they look so graceful and powerful...

Maybe I was a runner in another life? :biggrin:

I think I need to grow a foot... I just tried to do 6mph and I almost flew off the dreadmill haha.

4.5 and I was running.

i'm sprinting at 4.5

@ barely 5'1, i think i'm speed walking @ 3.3

The 4.5 was not even something I could maintain for my runs lol I am a wuss though. It was slowly climbing in speed.. if I would of hit 6 they would of had to have a whole in the wall fixed.

if I would of hit 6 they would of had to have a whole in the wall fixed.

if i hit 6 - i get that hysterectomy.