Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Slim~ close call, hang tight and sending positive thoughts your way. Tell DS WTG! Love those report cards!

Lu~ oh, the computer cooties got ya! Damn!

Brandy~ pack me up some of that energy for exercise when you figure that out! I could use it this week! You need to head over the mountain and kick my butt in gear!

Ebony~ Good luck on the job front. Keep looking something will come your way! WTG on the NSV - time for new pants!

Glou~ that was funny!

Pooly~ Hope you feel better. I hate swimmers ear. I used to get it all the time as a kid! I lived in the pool! Get that paperwork in the mail!

Beth~ sorry DH is home and underfoot! Hopefully he will be "better" and back at work on Monday!

Heart~ What trail did you take - dang girl sounds treacherous! DD is a trooper! Hope you are enjoying your stay in CO - I love living here!

Kat~ I have wipes on my desk, next to the computer lab and in the student stores. I also have hand sanitizer in the same places. Trying to keep the kids healthy and sanitary - germ, germs, germs everywhere!

PJTP: I am feeling better today. Went to the dr and was down 2lbs. Whew! I was worried. I may now weigh 1x per week. I think I can do it!

I am still having some food issues and need to make sure I am eating enough. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating - but I know that I have to ugh! I also need to get my butt moving, I have not been on a run since Sunday. I am going to run tomorrow after school.

Right now I really hate my insurance company. We went to a state run program last year (school dist decision) and have had nothing but trouble. So they paid for two of my office visits in Nov and Dec (last year) and they just decided that they wanted the money back from the dr office and it is not covered. HELLO!

Needless to say I will be on the phone with the insurance company tomorrow morning. Can you just decide a year later that you want the money back?? What??? Oh well, pretty frustrated and DH is super stressed now. Not fun.

Hope you all have a nice evening and a great day tomorrow!

re- bible passage, i'm not overly religious - nor was i raised in the same faith as my husband...

i remember when we first started to discuss me no longer working & mapping out a plan - we joked the "toys" & trips would come to a hault & he said that while the joyride might end - he rather me find something i'm passion about vs earning the check. that is when he first brought up that bible passage.

Well in both a religious sense (MY religion, at least....are there any other religions? I'll have to check on that) and secular sense the whole point of marriage is mutual support. There are circumstances where the roles may have to get a little flexable.....but the point is the effort. Beth, I'm not all inya affairs, but IMO there is something troubling there. Not that he can't find work to be the financial provider, but that he won't even try.

drive by pjtp to say i'm fing hungry!!

Who is this mystery member (heehee...I said "member"), and where has she been hiding?

PJTP - The regulars may remember me commenting that DH's ex is, well...a little different. Her Christmas gift to him included underwear (and yes, she still gives him gifts, and now gives me one as well); when we went to her place for dinner earlier this year, she still has their wedding picture up. Well, just now she sent him an email - "Under different circumstances, today would have been our wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary."

I think this is weird.

Um....lil' bit. Not that the underwear is inappropriate, per se, but it's just such an odd item. Other things I think would be odd: Shoelaces, Denture cream, marbles, spackle.

She's odd in that she has never dated anyone since. He was her first, only and last and I just wish she'd move on so that little bit of weirdness can fade. It's been 13 years since their divorce...get a date already!

Probably you should just sneak over to her house and disassemble her Bevo altar.

Hi Tap! I hope that your eyes are starting to feel better. I have been on here a few times to try to catch up, but have not been able to. I have been reeling all day. They announced a layoff at my company. Thankfully, I don't think I will be directly affected, but is hitting extremely close. They do our layoffs by seniority. Retirement eligible people can volunteer to take a retirement package that includes something like 1 or 2 years pay plus whatever their pension would be.

Sweet early retirement package!! Too bad you can't cut a deal like that, Slim.

Supposedly, before they announced the layoff number, they polled to see how many people would be willing to take the retirement package and then based their number on that. Well, it seems that some of the people that told them they would take the package are no longer willing. That means that the lowest in seniority will be let go. If there are job openings in other cities, they could apply, but it is not a given that they would get it. All of the people that would be forced out work with me directly. I am 5th from the bottom in my city and they are letting 3 go. That is cutting it very close. It is even more scary when I think about the fact that they can announce a layoff every quarter. If the bottom 3 are let go, then it is very possible that next quarter could be me. That is a hard pill to swallow when all of my experience is wrapped up in this industry. Although they aren't the only pony show in this town, they are pretty darn close. My husband couldn't carry the load of the household on his shoulders (his paycheck can't even cover our utilities per month). I know that there are others going through this right now. I am not even trying to diminish what anyone else is going through. I know that any job loss in today's economy is hard. It just scares the crap out of me to think that I am the main bread winner in this house, and I could lose my job.

Aw, that sucks!

Right now I really hate my insurance company. We went to a state run program last year (school dist decision) and have had nothing but trouble. So they paid for two of my office visits in Nov and Dec (last year) and they just decided that they wanted the money back from the dr office and it is not covered. HELLO!

Needless to say I will be on the phone with the insurance company tomorrow morning. Can you just decide a year later that you want the money back?? What??? Oh well, pretty frustrated and DH is super stressed now. Not fun.

Be careful calling the insurance company....advice from my surgeon's office. I did that a few months ago and discovered that the insurance my company switched to (when I was still there, now COBRA) doesn't cover any WLS or anything weight related. The lady at the doctors office went through and re-coded everything to something non-weight related, ie, Migraines, high blood pressure, depression. All things I do have.... and none have come back since. Fingers crossed! She also asked me to call her first and not the insurance company.

Well, I found out today that I was the 2nd choice for the job interviews I had. Grrrr!! I guess that means there's something better out there. I wish it would hurry up and arrive already!!

Slim & Tap - glad you have dodged the bullet for now. Praying that continues.

Probably you should just sneak over to her house and disassemble her Bevo altar.

Again, gotta use a Beth-ism: Snorkle! :)

Hey Suzy! Wassssup? Sorry I missed you earlier....I'm totally loopy.

Edited by ThePoolGirl
I'm stoopid and forgot suzy

Be a man, do your job, quicherbitchin'...

Agreed!

I want to exercise?

Huh?! :w00t:

via the pjtp thread i caught taps eye gunk.

Oh geez, Lu! Hope it doesn't get too bad, whatever it is. Feel better soon!

Are my cooties really that powerful??

Apparently! :)

I could lose my job.

On a MUCH brighter note: DS brought home an all A progress report.:lol::thumbup::drool:

Oh Slim, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this too!

Congrats to DS! Great news!

Preparing for my 'Step Out for Diabetes' event this weekend -

Best wishes on your event! WTG on the pants! So cool!

Heartfire, glad you had a good trip, though it sounds tiring.

Went to doc today. I have swimmer's ear.

I AM tired! I was supposed to be getting a break and able to rest this week... NOT!!!

So sorry about the ear. Feel better soon!

Dinner is ready timer just rang (nope not the smoke alarm!) catch y'all later!!!

No way would I ever think that your smoke alarm was the dinner timer! I KNOW people like that and it's frightening! LOL!

But then I found out that she was reading directly from the presentation and that our highest big whig (Exec VP) kept having to interrupt to explain what she was talking about. :blush: Yep, had to grin hugely about that one!!!

KARMA!

Heart~ What trail did you take - dang girl sounds treacherous! DD is a trooper! Hope you are enjoying your stay in OR - I love living here!

Metolious ? River. We parked at Camp Sherman store and hiked from there to the fish hatchery. We were on the trail to the right side of the river.

I am! Tho I'm ready to go home too (we leave Friday). In some ways the trip seems to have gone fast but then seems like I've been away from home forever too. Crazy!!! I do want to come back up here tho.

Congrats on the loss! WTG!

Sorry I didn't call you today, and I was in town but it got late and complicated and I couldn't fix it! Darn it!

Not that he can't find work to be the financial provider, but that he won't even try.

Good point and I have to agree.

Well, I found out today that I was the 2nd choice for the job interviews I had.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Hang in there!

PJTP: I AM SOOOOOOO TIRED!!!!!!! I am refusing to do ANYTHING tomorrow!! I want to take a walk and paint my toenails and that's it! I may do a load of laundry just so I don't have such a huge amount to do once I get home but that's ALL I want to do!!!!

Today we went to a museum and spent the whole day. It was really cool! (Kristen, it was the High Desert Museum, south of town.) Lots of walking. During lunch swallowed a bite too soon and guess what? Yep! Spent the next 30 minutes (have NO clue but seemed like forever) in a bathroom stall waiting for it to DO something. Geez it hurt! Finally got rid of it and was fine. UGH! And of course the ENTIRE family knows all about it! Good thing I told 'em all about surgery at the beginning of the week!

Woke up this AM with a sore throat. :wub: We'll see if anything comes of it.

'Night!

Morning everyone! (where are you Tap?) I thought I would do a "quick" check in before work. I slept a little late this morning. It stormed here last night and knocked the power out for a while. Thankfully, I use a battery powered clock. I would still be asleep right now. DS is just as scared of loud storms as I am. He had to get into bed with me (DH went to the couch). DS sleeps wildly! He was all over my little queen sized bed. Needless to say, I am nursing my coffee in hopes that it will wake me up soon.

heartfire-I am glad that you are enjoying your trip. You are going to need a vacation from your vacation. I don't know why I thought you were home by now. Continue to enjoy yourself. Sorry about the painful PB session. Hopefully you will get over the stoma irritation soon.

krtork-I did not know that insurance companies could come back later and decide to not pay something. Seems to me that they should be required to honor whatever their first decision was once they had paid. Good luck with that. That's great about the weightloss though! I am also glad that you are feeling better.

suzyt-so sorry to hear that you missed this job. Sending good thoughts that they one for you comes soon.

SNT-there have been two cases of swine flu at the school that DS goes to. They have left several voicemails and emails about how they are handling things. They will no longer confirm that anyone has or had it. They will just send any kid home with symptoms. I open doors with paper towels in the bathroom, but I hadn't thought about the other doors. I need to go ahead and by a thing of wipes for my desk. I already have hand sanitizer that DS likes to play in when he comes with me to work in the mornings (he catches the school bus from my job).

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes. I had better get a move on.

BBL!

Morning all! Whoo hoo - progress. Only one eye is crusty this morning!! So I guess I will head to the office tomorrow - I'll have one more day to de-cootify my body before I return to public places. Then the weekend is going to be non-stop laundry - the pile of towels, pillowcases, facecloths is HUMUNGOUS! I get squeamish thinking of the fulminating germs....ick...

I'm so sorry for those of you dealing with job issues. Too stressful :tt2:. Tap, hope the eyes are getting better. Lulu, did you not wash your computer-infected hands before rubbing your eyes?? Bad move - Tap Cooties are tough :lol:.

Ya gotta be tought to survive where I live; no wussies allowed!

Beth, I hope your hubby gets himself in line soon. Dude, grow up. AGREE!

Went to doc today. I have swimmer's ear :eek:, wicked bad allergies :sad:, and while not vertigo, something similar. I can't walk straight. Someone keeps moving my doorways to the right. I walk into the doorjams. Ouch.

Not that Im laughing at you, but that's funny!

They laugh at me at work, because I wash my hands so frequently, and rather than a pretty bouquet of flowers on the corner of my desk---I have Clorox wipes!!! I wipe down every door knob, light swithch, chair arms, every surface that I cannot spray with Lysol!

I completely understand the cleaning surfaces - the challenge is to find the balance between sterile and healthy dirt!

I have a co-worker who is very anal-retentive about germ-fighting. She had to travel in Asia earlier this year and brought her own supply of face masks...but she didn't get sick!:)

My mother used to travel with a bottle of lysol or dettol and cleaned hotel room bathrooms whenever she stayed in one; she used to go on cruises with a carryall of cleaners to sterilize her room, etc. She never got sick despite years of hotels, motels, cruise lines in all her travels.

really weird and REALLY creepy. what does DH say?

DH is the one who showed me the email and asked if it was just him, or was that just creepy? He did not respond - "Why encourage her?" he asked.

I heard that our housekeeping staff has begun wiping down the doorknobs. (I still only open the bathroom door with a paper towel tho.)

According to a journal article I read last week, there are more germs on the door handle going INTO the bathroom, then coming out

Well, I found out today that I was the 2nd choice for the job interviews I had. Grrrr!! I guess that means there's something better out there. I wish it would hurry up and arrive already!!

Sorry about you not getting the jobs; yes, something is out there for you. Patience. Thanks for the wishes; I was punching up and tweaking my resume and sending it out yesterday...

]. Beth, I'm not all inya affairs, but IMO there is something troubling there. Not that he can't find work to be the financial provider, but that he won't even try.

Hate to say it, but I agree with Plain.

Um....lil' bit. Not that the underwear is inappropriate, per se, but it's just such an odd item. Other things I think would be odd: Shoelaces, Denture cream, marbles, spackle.

:drool::lol::blush:

:w00t::lol:

Morning everyone! (where are you Tap?) I thought I would do a "quick" check in before work. I slept a little late this morning.

Morning, Slim. I too slept in, and DH encouraged it, AND brought me coffee in bed.:wub::wub:

Edited by tapshoes
I blame the crusty eye for the typo's.

Morning all! Whoo hoo - progress. Only one eye is crusty this morning!! So I guess I will head to the office tomorrow - I'll have one more day to de-cootify my body before I return to public places. Then the weekend is going to be non-stop laundry - the pile of towels, pillowcases, facecloths is HUMUNGOUS! I get squeamish thinking of the fulminating germs....ick...

I am glad that you are starting to improve. That is awesome. I feel for you with the laundry.

Morning, Slim. I too slept in, and DH encouraged it, AND brought me coffee in bed.:):wub:

That is so sweet for him to bring you coffee.

good morning all~

* kat, i had been doing collagen implants for several yrs now - they really work & i'm not interested in a permanent plug.

* ktork, sorry about the insurance dibacle....i had seen a PBS special on insurance companies. they are going back and reviewing MANY if not all claims paid on their clients to find loopholes to recoup those monies. specifically as it pertains to pre-existing conditions. very disturbing, but very much happening.

* suzy, hope the next job comes through for you. what field are you in? sorry if you've mentioned that before.

* taps, glad the crud is starting to leave!!!

* slim, i have a 117lb lab that climbs into bed w/me during storms & he likes to lay sideways....

* construction crew here, demo'ing the master bath - why on earth do folks put wall to wall mirrors all over the place????

Hi everyone!

I know that any job loss in today's economy is hard. It just scares the crap out of me to think that I am the main bread winner in this house, and I could lose my job.

On a MUCH brighter note: DS brought home an all A progress report.:lol::thumbup::drool:

Slim, I'll be praying for you! I keep hoping things turn around before anyone notices I'm still here! :eek: I'm the main bread winner, but it would still hit us hard. He's not 100% safe, either, so we're both nervous. More layoffs are rumored to come next week here. And next quarter, too, if this one doesn't put enough money back into "their" pockets.

AWESOME for DS!!!! DD's progress has all A's except for 2 D's. I'm not sure what happened there, but we're working hard to pull that back up.

You wanna send the cutie DS to Houston for tutoring? :wub:

PJTP...Hi y'all!

Been busy today - lots of paperwork, computer stuff, filing. Nothing too stressful, so it's okay...

Job hunt continues, made contact with the union rep today re: filing a grievance. She's making good noises, but we'll see what actually happens. She has a good reputation, so let's hope her claws are about to come out.

Oooh...claws are good!!!! We like claws! Sounds promising!

Got another fill yesterday, so I'm on liquids for a day or two...I seem to be more sensitive to them lately. I'm craving carbs like mad - gotta keep the hands busy so they don't put anything crunchy, salty or fat-filled in my path.

Could it be stress? I know my band goes wacky when I'm stressed...and carbs is the only thing that soothes the Band-Beast.

Hoping for good news on the job application front soon...got class tonight and tons of homework to do, as usual...BBL!:blush:

:) Good luck! We're all pulling for you.

In a similar vein to your being able to straighten someone out via email, I had to do an impromptu presentation on a conference call yesterday with numerous (5?) big whigs. So far I've gotten 4 "good job" compliments from those at the big whig level!!!

Then I found out today that a frenemy in my dept was reporting on another call about things I track (b/c she's our VP's pet). :) But then I found out that she was reading directly from the presentation and that our highest big whig (Exec VP) kept having to interrupt to explain what she was talking about. :w00t: Yep, had to grin hugely about that one!!!

WOOT-WOOT!!!! You go girl!!! You SO deserved that recognition!!! :)

All the folks in this country worrying about their jobs (including w/in our very own thread) and she doesn't roll her ass into work until 10:30-11:00am. Unbelievable! Every day you tell me about her and every day I get so annoyed!

YEAH...tell me about it. 10am now...and she's not here. I've done all my work and all her work, too. Think anyone will notice....?

I guess that's why I don't have one. (Probably only one reason, I'm sure the low self-esteem and weight issues had nothing to do with it, but I digress) I've always said that I have managed to do pretty well on my own and when I read your struggles it sometimes makes up for some of the loneliness.

You do damn fine on your own, woman - but no reason for low self esteem - cut that out now! Please. And, thank you.

I heard that our housekeeping staff has begun wiping down the doorknobs. (I still only open the bathroom door with a paper towel tho.)

Me, too! I just get "icked" out when I think of what's on those handles.

Too scared to touch it... :tt2:

Ditto - and praying the the job markets pick up all the way around! SOON!

Morning, Slim. I too slept in, and DH encouraged it, AND brought me coffee in bed.:sad::wub:

Ahhhh...what a sweetie!!!!

Morning all!

good morning all~

* kat, i had been doing collagen implants for several yrs now - they really work & i'm not interested in a permanent plug.

* ktork, sorry about the insurance dibacle....i had seen a PBS special on insurance companies. they are going back and reviewing MANY if not all claims paid on their clients to find loopholes to recoup those monies. specifically as it pertains to pre-existing conditions. very disturbing, but very much happening.

* construction crew here, demo'ing the master bath - why on earth do folks put wall to wall mirrors all over the place????

re: insurance - they have 4 years to make all that money now, right? bastages...:)

re: mirrors - If I looked like you, I'd have wall to wall to ceiling mirrors everywhere.

Me, too! I just get "icked" out when I think of what's on those handles.!

i have turned into a bit of a germaphob due to DH's obsession w/it. god forbid if we're out and i cross my leg and the bottom of my shoe grazes him......now that i think about it, that's probably the maddest he'll ever get w/me.

i should buy clorox stock - i have one of of those tubs in every room.

I like the lemon clorox wipes. They always make the kitchen smell so good!

I like swifters, too, and just got scented ones (febreze, I think)...Oh, my...I could dust with those forever!

Golly. I am my grandmother.

I like the lemon clorox wipes..

i prefer lemon as well.

re- public bathrooms; i worm my way around using my elbows & feet......then sqirt purel in my hand.

i know it's not good to use those items too much - but after an oprah show that said the sinks in public bathrooms had more cooties than the toilet - yeah, grossed out.

PJTP...Hi Y'all!

Keeping my head down...mgr is going out of town soon, so I'll have a little peace...

Nothing new yet on the job front...still praying for another job to come through asap. Having a pretty good day, all the way around...forgot my sweatshirt for my afternoon walk and it's chilly outside, plus I wore the tank dress from my recent updated pics. No sleeves, open neckline, I think I'll freeze if I go outside! Temp on weather.com shows only 65, so I think discretion is the better part of valor and I'll keep my butt indoors this time. I'll do an extra walk tonight to make up for it.

Back to wogging - ran part of our now 2-mile course this morning with H. Seems that when you stop jogging, you lose the lung capacity right away...my legs weren't really hurting (much) but I had absolutely NO wind...frustrating! :) Especially when I had run the entire 1 mile course not a few weeks ago...guess I needed more time. We started walking again to extend the distance and work on our form - longer steps, stretching out, etc...seems to be working - I do notice my stride is longer now.

Guess I'll have to be patient with myself...not my strong suit. :lol:

On my second day of liquids post-fill. My fill doc is happy with me - I'd last seen him in April, and I've dropped 27 lbs since then, but I wanted more. There's that over-achiever in my personality again - anyway, my next appt with the band doc is on my one year anniversary in November. :blush::eek::w00t: It's not that far away - I can't believe it's been nearly a YEAR since I was banded!

If I can't get my weight down far enough and get off the diabetes meds, my band doc suggested I consider a bypass :wub::eek::tt2::eek:

That is so NOT what I want to do...I don't want to leave the world of the banded folk - so I'm turning EVERYTHING up a notch. Decrease the carbs, increase Protein, increase the intensity of my workouts, whatever I gotta do, I'll do. I've got another 35 - 40 lbs to go before I hit my personal goal. I wanted to lose 100 lbs, but if I get off the meds before then, we'll reevaluate. I also wanted to get into single-digit clothes, but I don't want to look - as a girlfriend of mine said - like a 'bobblehead'.

I'll just keep following the bandster rules, work on getting off the meds and keep that as my focus. Everything else would be gravy... :drool: