Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

NOTE: I am not responsible for typos, rambling, forgetting someone, making no sense at all, or licking the dust off computer screen! Blood sugar dropped to 50 :blink: earlier. Ugh. Okay, here goes:

Anyone with a NSV - whooo hoooo! Totally cool feeling.

I hope all of you with sick kids, bad teeth, etc. get better, get drugs, or get yanked. Whichever works for your situation!! :ohmy:

Okay, I survived the party and thanks for all the support on my pre-op. I'm not hungry. Weird. I passed up 2 freaking cakes, cupcakes, a chocolate fountain, potato salad and crab rangoon dip. It was a mighty battle and then I come here and find that I gotta figure out FB :blink:....eeek. Boy, kick a girl when she's down. I'll try FB but it'll take help please!! I'm computer stoooopid. Or maybe this is an evil plot to get away from me....:crying:

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was good, not really hungry, just worrying about blood sugar drops. I'm hanging on 'til Thurs. I've been really looking at all of your avis and reading your signatures. WTG, ladies! Your success inspires me and helps keep me from freaking out. Thanks for sharing!! Beth reminded me to look at the success stories and before and after pics. Wow, amazing. Ebony, saw you there, you go girl! Fanny, your dress pic was hot! I'll join you there soon. I'm committed to this or maybe I should be committed :crying:...and now I can't remember how to spell committed...forgive me...brain misses carbs :blush:. Geez, don't tell my mom - she'd be horrified (teacher)...

Ramble over. Goodnight all. See ya tomorrow and I'll give Fb a whirl...I think :biggrin:.

TPG

LOL!! You're forgiven! In your declined state, we'll let you pass.

It DOES sound like you're doing well, except for the sugar levels. I don't know how to help you there. Just be careful when you're doing any thing like standing up or bending over. Don't want you to take a fall!

Yeah, FB scares me but I'm feelin' the pressure too! :eek: We'll see what I decide to do.

Take good care of yourself and BE CAREFUL!!!!

Forgot the UniBoob:

I also suggest the Enell for those of us with, um, boobs! They are costly but you can get them on eBay often. I bought one that is a "second" but the only prob it had was the band part was 3/4 of an inch shorter than it should have been. It posed no problem. The Enell offers great support for the upper back too! (.)(.)

TPG

TPG~ What self-control you have! WTG Girl! Just hang in there a few more days and it will all be good!

Damn, we were trying to get away from you! :biggrin: Oh well, come to the dark side and get your FB account started!

Michelle~ Yeah! I hope you had a great day! Duct tape and bailing wire are always on hand at our house, in the the truck and I hid some in the car - just in case of an emergency!!!

Did not finish my list - oh well, it will have to wait until next summer.:ohmy:

:ohmy: Why I'm still up I just don't know....tired and loopy from low blood sugar. So, I decided it was a perfect time to give old FB a try. Not a good idea. After much annoyance and setting up a new e-mail account, I think I have it...maybe.

I ended up as Poolgirls Journey...first name, last name. I wanted to be anonymous and didn't figure that out properly the first (2) time(s) thru. Oh, I'm an idiot. And tired.

Do you need any more info? Can anyone "friend" me so I can see WTH I'm doing? Please :biggrin:. I'm lonely here... If I've screwed this up, somebody PM me please.

And, did anyone else notice when they were setting up FB, when you add your b'date...the first years on the drop-down are the 80's? :sneaky:I had to scroll down a bit before I found my birth year :crying:. Stooopid 20 yr olds - don't have jobs and play on FB all day...crazy kids...not like mature PJTPers.:crying:

TPG

NOTE: I am not responsible for typos, rambling, forgetting someone, making no sense at all, or licking the dust off computer screen! Blood sugar dropped to 50 :blink: earlier. Ugh. Okay, here goes:

Anyone with a NSV - whooo hoooo! Totally cool feeling.

I hope all of you with sick kids, bad teeth, etc. get better, get drugs, or get yanked. Whichever works for your situation!! :crying:

Okay, I survived the party and thanks for all the support on my pre-op. I'm not hungry. Weird. I passed up 2 freaking cakes, cupcakes, a chocolate fountain, potato salad and crab rangoon dip. It was a mighty battle and then I come here and find that I gotta figure out FB :blink:....eeek. Boy, kick a girl when she's down. I'll try FB but it'll take help please!! I'm computer stoooopid. Or maybe this is an evil plot to get away from me....:blink:

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was good, not really hungry, just worrying about blood sugar drops. I'm hanging on 'til Thurs. I've been really looking at all of your avis and reading your signatures. WTG, ladies! Your success inspires me and helps keep me from freaking out. Thanks for sharing!! Beth reminded me to look at the success stories and before and after pics. Wow, amazing. Ebony, saw you there, you go girl! Fanny, your dress pic was hot! I'll join you there soon. I'm committed to this or maybe I should be committed :eek:...and now I can't remember how to spell committed...forgive me...brain misses carbs :blush:. Geez, don't tell my mom - she'd be horrified (teacher)...

Ramble over. Goodnight all. See ya tomorrow and I'll give Fb a whirl...I think :biggrin:.

TPG

I sent a friend request to you on FB. We can learn together. I hope that you are able to get the low blood sugar in check. Can you drink apple juice on your clears? Maybe a couple of sips of that can raise your blood sugar enough to keep you from feeling bad. I hope you feel better soon!

~Thanks y'all! We picked DH up from work this AM and he's HOME!!! Til Thursday. But he starts vacation the 30th so no chances he'll be gone like this until after he goes back to work on the 10th!

~TPG, I hope the party was a hit!

~Don't do that Slim. I don't know what it was about but it's okay, that's what we're here for!

I don't know that I'm ready for FB either, tho I'm tempted!

I didn't use my complete real name. There is so much to learn.

~Lu, I signed up on FB under my real name, can I change that? I didn't realize that's what I was doing til it was done and I freaked out and suspended my account. This was several months ago.

Glad you didn't flake out on your workout. That's so hard for me! Once I get going, I'm fine but I've gotta get going first! :eek:

Duct tape and/or bailing wire can fix ANYTHING!!!!

I sure hope you get a fill too! Let us know how it goes!

~Kristen, hope DD's surgery goes well.

Glad you didn't quit on the run! Probably did your body good to loosen up some too! Great job on the distance!

Did you get your to-do list done?

~Yeah, payback and all that! LOL!!! She's 3 and I think he can retire in about 10-12 yrs. Just. In. Time! :lol: :lol: :lol: Then maybe I'LL go find a full-time job and let HIM be the stay-at-home!! :blush:

~Brandy, I'm so sorry about Faith! I hope she gets well soon! It's so hard when our babies are sick! I hope you can get some rest soon too.

~Ebony, best wishes to DD and whatever she decides.

Ditto!

Your story about DD and men in uniform reminded me that DD has done something similar except they're all "Papa's friends!" One guy she did that too turned out to be in our area for some meeting and had actually worked with DH when DH worked on the coast! I always apologize and just tell them that DH works for CalFire. The guys usually get a kick out of it.

Great job on your running and best wishes with the distance extensions!

~Susan, I loved your story! Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful thing! Now, you're going to have to be careful! Pretty soon you'll run out of closet space!!!

I seriously cried reading it. I was the same way.

~Kat, sounds like the shower went great! What a wonderful thing to be able to sit quietly holding the new baby while OTHERS cleaned up!

~I hear ya on wanting to tell people that there are options out there that can help with their weight but I also know that I would NOT have been receptive either. DH's SIL (I refuse to claim her if I don't have to!) really needs to lose weight, and A LOT of it. She's younger than I am and has dangerously high BP that isn't even controlled with meds. Every time I see her, she's gained more weight. She and BIL do NOT know that I've had surgery and part of me wants to share in order to hopefully help her but in all honesty, any type of WLS wouldn't work for her. Her brain isn't in it. Her health is already dangerously compromised and she does nothing about it. It'd be different if she was trying and just struggling like so many of us over the years. But nope. She's one who would expect to not have to change anything and count on the surgery to do all the work. Not gonna happen. It's really sad.

~Woke up to RAIN!! You hear that Tap? We had rain! It was great! Rained all day and quite a bit of it too. Temps go back up tomorrow so we'll be humid for awhile now but today was great!

~Made the chicken and Sausage Gumbo tonight with the okra. I can take or leave it. The gumbo was really good but the slime from chopping up the okra kinda got to me after awhile. DH didn't really notice it but I already have issues with texture and stuff. So by the end, I was kinda done with the okra! I thought it would cook itself into the gumbo or something. Nope. We have decided that we'll keep the recipe but if we don't have okra, not gonna buy it to put in so I'll have to come up with 10oz of some other veggie to use instead. Or maybe I'll just add shrimp to it instead of another veggie. I'll have to think about that one.

I'm tired. Off to bed. 'Night!

I have a problem with the slime from okra too. I have some in my fridge from someone's garden that I just don't want to deal with.

:crying: Why I'm still up I just don't know....tired and loopy from low blood sugar. So, I decided it was a perfect time to give old FB a try. Not a good idea. After much annoyance and setting up a new e-mail account, I think I have it...maybe.

I ended up as Poolgirls Journey...first name, last name. I wanted to be anonymous and didn't figure that out properly the first (2) time(s) thru. Oh, I'm an idiot. And tired.

Do you need any more info? Can anyone "friend" me so I can see WTH I'm doing? Please :ohmy:. I'm lonely here... If I've screwed this up, somebody PM me please.

I friended you there TPG. Don't feel lonely.

And, did anyone else notice when they were setting up FB, when you add your b'date...the first years on the drop-down are the 80's? :sneaky:I had to scroll down a bit before I found my birth year :eek:. Stooopid 20 yr olds - don't have jobs and play on FB all day...crazy kids...not like mature PJTPers.:blink:

TPG

Hi TPG, I've added you as a friend. You just need to confirm it now :)

Thanks for accepting my friend request Fanny!

PJTP-It is Monday morning. I am extremely sleepy. I was up several hours later than I would have been (I was afraid to go to sleep for fear I would get called in to work). My alarm clock actually scared me (I am usually up before it goes off). I am sipping coffee in hopes of it waking me up by the time I get to work.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. I also hope that everyone has a great day today!

PJTP-I hate FB already. There is no going back to edit a post so if you made a mistake, its just there for the world to read you sounding like an a$$. I don't think I can get the hang of that.

Good morning everyone!! Happy Monday, happy first day of school for many of our kids too.

Kat, it sounds like the party went well, it can be scary sometimes mixing that much family together in one place.

Slim, you can delete your posts on Facebook. Hover next to it and on the right side the delete option will come up. And anyways, we all love you and would never consider you to be an a$$.

I am glad I am not the only one who finds themselves wanting to approach other people. Sometimes I have seen people who look so unhappy and uncomfortable in their own skins. I just want to run up to them and tell them there is hope and alternatives to just dieting out there. But, how do you do that without offending them?

Good morning everyone!! Happy Monday, happy first day of school for many of our kids too.

Kat, it sounds like the party went well, it can be scary sometimes mixing that much family together in one place.

Slim, you can delete your posts on Facebook. Hover next to it and on the right side the delete option will come up. And anyways, we all love you and would never consider you to be an a$$.

I am logged in from my iPhone. I can't seem to find a way to delete it from there. I am sure I am missing something. Just know I wasn't being a smarta$$. I promise.

I am glad I am not the only one who finds themselves wanting to approach other people. Sometimes I have seen people who look so unhappy and uncomfortable in their own skins. I just want to run up to them and tell them there is hope and alternatives to just dieting out there. But, how do you do that without offending them?

I actually have a coworker that has been calling me about diets. We aren't friends. She is a talker so I don't want to share with her that I have had surgery. She would tell everyone and their mom. I have told her what I am eating since she has called me twice about my "diet". I told her that I am not on a diet. I told her that I made a lifestyle change (which is true).

* going to the cowboy game tonight - big deal for DH, first at the new stadium.....just hope the beer is cold

happy friday all!!!

Still say damn you for rubbing it in. Wish I could have been there. Place looks great though!

* ktork, raised in NYC - you were taught to root against the cowboys NO MATTER WHAT. been in TX too long - so i'll be a fan except when they play the giants ..*****waits for ceradad's comment*****

Don't you mean "GNATS"?:biggrin:

I wanted to turn back on my run before the end of the first mile! But just stuck with it, so I know that feeling:wink2: Glad you had a nice lunch!

I'm like that for about the first half mile. My lungs seem to think they are going to give out. Once I get my breathing under control, I just keep going. I don't go for time too much when I'm just out running, I just go at a nice steady pace.

PJTP...Good morning Everyone!:ohmy:

Stayed home from work today - my recurring stiff neck attacked with a vengeance last night. Can't even turn my head, so driving is out. It was so painful last night that I took some of the pain meds I still have on hand from my surgery. Knocks me out so I can sleep, but I wake up groggy.

DH is on midnights, so I left him in the bed this morning...poor guy. Let's see if I can get all caught up again...

TPG - I've sent you a friend request via FB - I signed up with my real name, but I'm not worried about that. Anyone that wants to find me probably can - I've googled my own name and found TONS of stuff I'd forgotten about. I am pretty careful about what I post, so no biggie...I've forgotten - are you on diabetes meds? Watch the meds while you're on liquids - you are not getting as many calories, so you might need to talk to your doc about changing / reducing your meds temporarily. The reduction will be permanent as you lose weight - I'm about to get off of the Lantus insulin :crying:

Ceradad - my first interval of jogging (I stop mid-way to let DDog take care of business) is like that too - I feel like I'm not going to make it - my knees ache, my breathing seems more labored, etc. Just when I think I can't power through any more, it's time to stop for DDog and the rest of the run goes great!:biggrin:

Slim - welcome to FB! I use my iPhone with it too, but not as much as my laptop at home. Just take your time learning your way around - pick something new, get comfortable with it, then add something else. That way you don't get overwhelmed...

Susan - love your story - made me cry too! It's a wonderful feeling when "normal" sized clothes fit you...especially since we're not yet taking it for granted that they will!

Lots of other posts - sending love to everyone, good health to everyone, and lots of patience for those of us struggling with situations, people and things.

I'm hoping to hear about my potential new job this week. Right now my head is pounding (haven't eaten much yet) and my neck is stiff and sore. BBL...:crying:

Ebony-I am so sorry that you are in pain. I hope that eases soon. I also hope that you hear back soon (with positive news) about the job! Keeping you in my thoughts.

wonderful susan!!! much congrats on the NSV!!!!!!!!!

* hope all is well KC!

* ebony - take care of the knee.....no reason to get a more serious injury not babying it some!

* michelle - okra is touchy ; try pickeling them??

ok i am a bit giddy....LOL:blushing:

* just had my barium - band is fine, no issues

* got a fill - 2ccs'

* i LOST weight w/barely any fill at all

i say this, cause if you ever pop in on the food thread i EAT A LOT!!! but those spinning classes paid off:)

* my surgeon was just overly complimentary to me in my shorts/tank/flip flops - said he can tell i'm serious and wanted to know what i eat. so i told him, he wants me to post a recp to his monthly flyer each mo. i asked if i can do it under an alias & he laughed. i was serious though., we'll see.

off my cloud & onto houseworks:(:biggrin:

Gird yer loins, I'm BAAACK! :biggrin:

Drove home from the folks' yesterday and was gone eight days total. There was no way I was going to be able to keep up with this thread so I just plain didn't. I'm not sure what I missed, so I'll just sum it up:

Congrats

I'm sorry to hear it

Hope you feel better

Glad you feel better

WOOT WOOT!!

I hope things turn around for you/yours

That's a FANTASTIC NSV!!

Happy birthday!

Okay, don't know what else I may have missed, but it's the best I can do right now. :ohmy:

The one thing I was looking for I think I found: Ebony thinks she may hear something this week on the job front! Did anything come of the last "problem" that happened with the bad info you got from the BB that the supervisor got so mad about? :crying:

For those who haven't seen on FB, hubby is having surgery tomorrow on his neck. Apparently two bulging disks have been causing his neck pain for so many years. He's having it done somewhat quickly because his work contract expires on 9/25 and we don't know if he'll have a job a month from now. :crying::crying:

I'm still moving forward on the school front but don't feel as comfortable about it now.

To boot, we're still not for sure what's happening with my dad. He had a doctor's appointment while I was there, but it was some auditory-type doc who my dad felt was only concerned with selling him a hearing aid. Um, not really an issue right now. :blink:

Anyway, hope to jump into the conversation again and keep up. :blush: