Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

More from the Outback Adventures of Fanny Adams

I had to go up to the top of the Primary Crusher today, to do a walk-through on some of the Work Instructions I've been writing. This was my first time up there - which is the very top part of the mine site. The views were spectacular. My little camera phone doesn't begin to do them justice.

* View from the top of the Primary Crusher: This shows a bit of the mine itself on the right, the Underground Project area in centre, the Processing Plant on the left and the ranges in the distance. Take note of that yellow walkway in the foreground biggrin.gifwink.gif

SitePics15May-ViewfromTopofCrusher.jpg

* The Overland Conveyor: This shows the Conveyor that brings the ore from the Underground up to the Crusher and a bit of the Plant. It also gives a good idea of the height of that yellow walkway wink.gifbiggrin.gif

SitePics15May-ConveyorandGantryWalk.jpg

* The walkway: Oh yes, I'm going to do it biggrin.gif hehehe - walking out on this was SOOOOO cool!!

SitePics15May-GantryWalk.jpg

* The Overland Conveyor seen from the end of the walkway: Unreal view from up here!!

SitePics15May-ConveyortakenfromGant.jpg

* The Processing Plant looking left - also with a bit of the tails dam showing:

SitePics15May-ProcessingPlant.jpg

* Lastly - looking down into the Primary Crusher Bay area, where the guys are doing maintenance work on the crusher. The pic doesn't really show just how far down that is, especially when you're standing on an open grid mesh.

SitePics15May-LookingDownintoCrushe.jpg

Beth-congrats

Fanny- Holy effing crap. I would vomit being up that high.

PJTP- my boss is a canoe. And by canoe I mean a word that rhymes with punt.

Awesome views, Fanny.

BG - (doing a crossword puzzle)- "What's a 4 letter word for woman that ends in u-n-t?"

BG's Hubby - "Aunt"

BG - "Hand me that eraser, please"

:):biggrin:

Awesome views, Fanny.

BG - (doing a crossword puzzle)- "What's a 4 letter word for woman that ends in u-n-t?"

BG's Hubby - "Aunt"

:tt1::lol:

Wow Fanny. Beautiful pics. But I got dizzy looking down on that last one! I can imagine how high you were up on the last pic. considering the men were so small.

PJTP...I really :wub: you guys! It's Friday and I'm ready for the weekend...

Eh, every industry everywhere has its share of assholios in management. I had a truly bad manager for a number of years. He wasn't snarky or malicious....he was just inept.

That sounds tough to deal with, but at the same time, you kinda feel sorry for them...

Ebony, I was (and still am, really) the Golden Child of my department. As such, I've seen management pull a lot of childish, underhand "tricks" on co-workers they wanted to get rid of. I'm sorry to tell you that my gut is telling me that your boss has it in for you and is stocking up on her ammo (I hope I'm wrong, tho).

You're not wrong, Plain...had my second meeting with boss, bigger boss, HR lady, me and my union rep yesterday. They came up with a laundry list of things I "just can't seem to handle" - I did not respond immediately, said I'd give it some thought and compile a response. My union rep recommended I look elsewhere. The list is a hardcopy of a verbal reprimand, one stage below a written which would go in my employee record. I'm getting out before that happens...

My advice (and it's not very practical) is, even if HR and your boss ambushes you again, remain professional and courteous. No need to burn bridges.....and it is possible that sometime in the future they'll lose the douchebag and you can come work for them again.

Absolutely - you and my DH feel the same way - I'm going out on a high note...they can be as snarky as they want, but I'm going to smile my way out the door. I'm going to kill them with kindness, but not take any abuse at the same time. Good thing I'm not a 20-something at the beginning of my career, this might have really crushed me...

Well they are probably not hard to pee in but probably hard to remove to get the pee outside of them.

ROFLMBO...and I nearly spit out my Breakfast sandwich on that one!

I suspect that's why they added the swimming leg of the race.

OMG...stop making me laugh! I used to work summers as a lifeguard and NEVER swam in outdoor pools for that very reason...all those little kids! :eek:

Total scale victory: Buh-bye 230's, hello 229! :w00t:

Go Beth, Go Beth! I just hit 224 this morning! :w00t: Gotta stay on my game, 'cause you're coming up fast behind me...I can hear that motorcycle revving now! :(

*squeal* I know!! :w00t:

Just six more pounds and I will go from severely obese to "just" obese. I'm paying attention to all these milestones. Once I get below 220, I will begin losing the most weight I've ever lost to date (prior weight loss was 70 pounds).

I'm right there with ya, girlfriend...I haven't been this light since my children were very little and my hubby was still on active duty! :w00t:

Beth-congrats

I think I would too - beautiful pics, Fanny, but OMG!

ROFLMBO...I love it!

Awesome views, Fanny.

BG's Hubby - "Aunt"

I really needed all the laughs this morning, guys - thanks a bunch!

My union rep even said it's time for me to go...she does not understand the attitude I'm getting, and does not believe I'm as bad as they would have her believe. She hasn't known me for long, so I really appreciate her candor and honesty.

I'm going to compile a reply to the laundry list - I have an answer for most everything they mentioned - and in the meantime, I've spruced up my resume and am looking for another position within the university.

There are several possibilities, and with me getting my Associates in July, even more will open up. The most promising one so far is in the Film Studies department - my union rep knows the woman who had the job and knows it's been open for a while, so I'll be putting in my app today.

Hopefully by the time my 1 year anniversary arrives (early June) I'll be moving to a new position and a happier, healthier work environment!

Have a great day, everyone! :tt1:

BG-----we refer to those canoe type of women as "ankles"......3 feet LOWER than your _unt word.......

Beth-congrats

Thanks, BG!

And I'm with you on the upchucking thing. I get three rungs up on a ladder and my knees are knocking.

And I hate canoe bosses.

Just six more pounds and I will go from severely obese to "just" obese.

YAY Beth!!! Yahoo, Way to go!!

I've been on a complete stall for the past month or so. *sigh*

Sorry to hear that Donna. Hope you break it soon - it is so demoralizing when despite best efforts the scale refuses to budge!

I had to go up to the top of the Primary Crusher today, to do a walk-through on some of the Work Instructions I've been writing. This was my first time up there - which is the very top part of the mine site. The views were spectacular.

[/url]

GULP!!! :)

:tt1:

:(:lol:

so sorry that you are dealing with this crap; just keep to your plan - take the high road, kill with kindness, and get the h*** out of there!

I've never heard that expression - now of course it is added to my lexicon!

And as a manager, I hate canoe staff! Generally, I hate canoe and ankle people regardless of position!

PJTP - DH and I were painting and cleaning the apartment last night at the same time the tenant was moving in - total chaos, and like a sit-com only without the humor!!!

Have a great Friday all; for the Canadians here, have a great 2-4 long weekend!

And as a manager, I hate canoe staff! Generally, I hate canoe and ankle people regardless of position!

Well, I hafta agree with you there!

PJTP - DH and I were painting and cleaning the apartment last night at the same time the tenant was moving in - total chaos, and like a sit-com only without the humor!!!

Wow... sounds like.... fun...?

great job beth - congrats~!

kat - i love "ankles"!!!!

quick drive by - hubby home, we're trying to cut back on technology for one more wk......getting a lot done around the pad. have a good wkend all!

**fanny - love the pics, makes me want to go bungy jumping!!!!**

Edited by luluc
add comment @ fanny's photos

I suspect that's why they added the swimming leg of the race.

Peeing in the wet suit is mandatory. But people still pee while riding their bikes on the longer races. Yuck. I don't want to win that badly. I'll use a porta-potty.

I'm having trouble at work too. I don't like to talk about work in public though. You never know who is reading.

Peeing in the wet suit is mandatory. But people still pee while riding their bikes on the longer races. Yuck. I don't want to win that badly.

Omg, that's gotta chafe over time! :grouphug:

Omg, that's gotta chafe over time! :grouphug:

Not really. There is a layer of Water between you and the suit that helps keep you warm. The pee just mixes in with that and is largely gone pretty soon after.

Not really. There is a layer of Water between you and the suit that helps keep you warm. The pee just mixes in with that and is largely gone pretty soon after.
Except for the lingering smell!! :grouphug: