Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

More from the Outback Adventures of Fanny Adams

Okay, this wasn't at Argyle. It was at one of the other Riotinto sites in the Pilbara (about 1000km south of Argyle, which is still 2000km north of Perth). Anyway, this set of photos is doing the email rounds at work - taken in the last couple of days. The snake is a Black-Headed Python, which grows upto 3m (10ft). It is eating a monitor lizard that is well over 1m long (nearly 2m?). Apparently, it took him about 5 hours from start to finish and the road crew barricaded off the area so he could eat and digest in peace.

Click this for the full slideshow (25 pics)

Some highlights :thumbup:

001.jpg

003.jpg

013.jpg

Fanny, your pics are amazing as usual.

Okay, this wasn't at Argyle. It was at one of the other Riotinto sites in the Pilbara (about 1000km south of Argyle, which is still 2000km north of Perth). Anyway, this set of photos is doing the email rounds at work - taken in the last couple of days. The snake is a Black-Headed Python, which grows upto 3m (10ft). It is eating a monitor lizard that is well over 1m long (nearly 2m?). Apparently, it took him about 5 hours from start to finish and the road crew barricaded off the area so he could eat and digest in peace.

Some highlights :thumbup:

001.jpg

003.jpg

013.jpg

wow thats a big ass snake and lizard ..yuck

Those pictures are beyond awesome!

Poor lizard.

Hey, I won an award from my tri club. Winning was just luck. They pulled the names of everyone who was nominated out of a hat. But someone nominated me! I'm so tickled by that.

Hey, I won an award from my tri club. Winning was just luck. They pulled the names of everyone who was nominated out of a hat. But someone nominated me! I'm so tickled by that.

What didja win?

Fanny - snake pics first thing in the morning - ick! I hate snakes!

Donna - glad to see you posting.

SMS - ditto; whats been happening in your life?

Mac - congratulations, and whatja win?

Morning all. A sunny no frost day - yahoo!

Spiders are our friends. They catch all manner of bugs and other things. Snakes are not my friend. Poor little lizard in the pics of today. Please tell me that the lizard is somehow given a venemous bite first or something so that it is not in pain or aware of its demise...

PJTP...

It's a beautiful sunny morning and I feel great!:smile2:

Poor lizard - and I almost said poor snake! Reminds me of how I used to feel after a pig-out session (pre-band, of course)...I bet it's going to take him / her / it quite a while to digest all of that!:eek:

Work is...work. Still experiencing minor sniping here and there, nothing I can't handle. I'm determined to hold out - in June I cross a 2-year mark and get extra vacation days! Nothing is going to stop me from making that mark...nothing!

School starts up for me again today - Finance class, and the last one before my degree :ohmy:

Wonderful NSV - wearing a size 18 dress today for the first time in a very long time. The last time I think I could wear one like this was definately over 10 years ago. I think I may have mentioned the size thing before, but I'm so excited I couldn't help but mention it again!

I got the swimsuit I ordered yesterday - I bought it a little small because I KNOW I'll lose more by July - isn't in wonderful that we can say that and know it will be true? The suit fits okay now, but will be even better when I lose some additional pounds and tighten up the old bod with some additional workouts. The suit is white, halter-style, with ruching throughout the body. It looks kind of old-Hollywood. DH suggested I get a white denim cropped jacket and some heels and wear it to the club...NOT! :eek:

Here's a pic of the suit (I think - if this works):

S0954087_SDB09_002?$138x173$I'm not quite shaped like this yet, but getting there! :tt2:

Have a wonderful day, everyone!:wub:

Hi Ebony

The suit looks beautiful...I'm sure you will be too when wearing it! Andcongrats on the NSV!

Glad to hear you are keeping your worklife together - and relegated to its proper spot -- it's just work; it isn't my life; etc.

Glad to hear you are keeping your worklife together - and relegated to its proper spot -- it's just work; it isn't my life; etc.

Thanks for the congrats, Tap! :ohmy:

*** Vent Alert ***

The work thing is really tough for me - I guess I really DO define myself somewhat by what I do for a living, and knowing that DD is depending on me to help with college bills is putting some additional stress on me to keep this job. If I had a choice, I really would leave - I feel that no matter what I do, it will be colored by my past mistakes, and that I'll never live them down.

Just this morning, instead of calling my attention to a small mistake in a spreadsheet I prepared for this morning's meetings, my supervisor created her own copy of the spreadsheet and then just handed it to me. Of course there was attitude behind it as well. I didn't respond to that, but saw another item she had forgotten to complete and had to ask her to close the file so I could add the last thing.

It's like that a lot - instead of letting me know what I did incorrectly or what detail I missed, she just re-does the work so I don't really learn anything in the process, and if I have to do it again, I'm bound to repeat the same mistakes because I don't really know what they were in the first place! :smile2:

I don't understand this attitude, and there's really nothing I can do about it, but it does add to my stress level. I'm glad I'm the age I am now - the old me (5 - 10 years ago) would have just blown up at her and probably been fired by now.

Some friends of mine have said that I'll never be happy working for someone else - that I really should go back to owning my own business - but now is not the time for that. Not with DD depending on me to close any gaps in her college financing...I'm willing to stick this out as long as I can, but the constant feeling that I can't do anything right is wearing on me.

Even when I do things correctly, I am not recognized for that - its only my mistakes they have no trouble pointing out...:tt2:

*** Vent over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled PJTP...***

I don't understand this attitude, and there's really nothing I can do about it, but it does add to my stress level. I'm glad I'm the age I am now - the old me (5 - 10 years ago) would have just blown up at her and probably been fired by now. **

passive aggressive.

i'd let her re-do ALL the work, let her start making mistakes and sit back silently & smile or grin (well you know what)....

i hate that style, i'd rather a full on bitch than play around games.

love the suit & congrats all on the NSV's.

it's not raining - so i'm going to be a full on country chick today and put my ipod on and ride my tractor & mow , and mow & mow some more. hope i don't run into any snakes:)

happy hump day!

LOL - anytime is a good time for snake pics!! Just think, it could be worse... it could be spider pics! :smile2:

Ew, I'll take the snake pics. Snakes don't freak me out; spiders DO.

Though a monitor lizard! Wow... those are some MEAN buggers!